X-men Reboot

The Man of Steel

Sidekick
Reaction score
it's not that I didn't like the cast I just want to see if you (or I) was given the chance to cast the movies who'd you cast,
well? who would you cast?
I'd cast

Heroes

Wolverine - Colin Farrell
Colin_Farrell.jpg

Professor X - Gerry Becker
1538420.jpg

Cyclops - Chris Pine
3806920576.jpg

Iceman - Chris Evans
tn2_chris_evans_3.jpg

Storm - Malinda Williams
1598374.jpg

Colossus - Brandon Routh
c5e89337-8d03-4f90-b7e9-b9553935eef8.widec.jpg

Rogue - Ellen Page
36_ellen_page.jpg

Jean Grey - Olivia Wilde
274854819.jpg

Beast - Jon Hamm
73001685.jpg

Havok - Justin Bruening
Justinbruening3.jpg

Gambit - Stephen Dorff
Stephen-Dorff.jpg

Villains

Magneto - Max von Sydow
Max-Von-Sydow-1.jpg

Mystique - Christina Hendricks
joan_lg.jpg

Oh I don't like that cast at all.

At all.

Give me a half hour or so and I'll post my own

Sabretooth - Sean Bean
tn2_sean_bean_2.jpg

Toad - Dominic Monaghan
254587~Dominic-Monaghan-Posters.jpg

Juggernaut - Big Show (WWE wrestler)
k3b2bda3.jpg

Pyro - D.J. Cotrona
18755377.jpg

Quicksilver - Crispin Glover
crispinglover.jpg

Avalanche - Adam Brody
244.brody.adam.100206.jpg

Astra - Megan Fox
megan-fox-picture-1.jpg

Whats with you and rebooting, man? I'm fine with F4's reboot thread, that needs it, but X-Men? No matter what people think of X3, the trilogy was perfect. Lets just leave it at sequels and spinoffs. No reboot, thank you.

Save for a couple of actors and actresses like Halle Berry, who I think was a bit miscast, or Ben Foster, who I think was ridiculously miscast, I'm okay with most of the current cast portraying the X-Men. For instance, I can't even begin to think who I would want to replace Patrick Stewart. That man was born to play Professor Xavier.

The only way I would reboot it would be to make it an action, come3dy, drama live action TV show like Buffy or Angel or Heroes.
Lots of special effects and superhero themes but focussed on the people in it, plus then the new cast would be OK, like with Buffy.
I would probably have them have code names like Cyclops and Beast, but go with their real names usually like Scott and Hank.
But like i said, use lots of special effects like Heroes and also use make up and whatnot.
I would also go down the Smallville line and keep the costumed stuff out or down to a very low minimum, not really use them if they were included at all. and if included, and not really used, I would have them look somewhat like school uniforms mixed with costumes similar to (but much more low key) the movie costumes.

Plus I would start it off with the originals, almost like a prequal.
starring:
Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Iceman, Jean Grey, Charles Xavier
I would have them be the ages they were in the comics when they first appreared.

villians:
Magneto, Sentinals, human mutant haters, Gyrich (spelling?), Senator Kelly,Reverand William Styker,
episode 4 or something Magneto returns with his Brotherhood:
Toad, Master Mind, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Blob.

Season 2
add the new characters like Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Banshee, and Thunderbird [BLACKOUT](who dies in his first mission).[/BLACKOUT]

I have this really cool idea for this very scary Sabertooth episode.

Whats with you and rebooting, man? I'm fine with F4's reboot thread, that needs it, but X-Men? No matter what people think of X3, the trilogy was perfect. Lets just leave it at sequels and spinoffs. No reboot, thank you.

It's not that I want the X-Men movies to get a reboot, it's just Interesting to think about

i'd reboot it with the first class

I like all the films, but if I had to reboot it I'd have had a bit more of how society views mutants. I might have gone with the original X-Men line up as in the comics but with Wolverine as a member too and I would have had him undercover trying to infiltrate the Brotherhood of Mutants.
I would have had Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in there too- over a couple of movies it would have been interesting to see their disillusionment with their father's vision and their siding with Prof. X. It would have made things a bit more personal between Magneto and Xavier.
Also, I would've had included the sentinels.

Oh first class, easily. Gotta have the original five. That's how the last movie should have started (instead of just Cyclops and Jean Grey). Maybe introduce both Wolverine, Storm and Colossus since people can't live without them apparently. From there pretty much adapt Ultimate X-men's first arc with Jean Grey getting together with Wolverine, Cyclops joining the brotherhood briefly, the sentinels attacking Genosha and Magneto reversing em and all that.

That book was actually a lot better than the movie which just felt kind of...plain.

The first two films were great, yes, but the trilogy as a whole is far from perfect. The only perfect trilogy has been LOTR in my opinion and X-Men as a whole was mishandled by a studio who had no respect for the source material and didn't allow characters to have their time to shine.

If anything it was Wolverine AND The X-Men films. So no, I disagree with the notion that they were perfect. A reboot with the original five would be an excellent way to start with a clean slate.

I think if they do a re-boot have the team be Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Beast, Cyclops and Jean. Then do the typical movie thing and have a newcomer i.e. kitty come in and have em fight the brotherhood. but with WAY more action

I'd love to see an X-Men movie with filmakers who actually know who the X-men are. Nothing about the Singer X-Men captured the spirit of Lee's X-Men comic.

If I were to reboot X-men, I would have to start with a Xavier meets Magneto storyline.

Movie 1 - The Brotherhood
The movie would be completelty based on Uncanny X-men 161, and 321 without the Legion quest/Brood Invasion stuff, and be set just after the Vietnam War.

Cast
Tom Hardy as Prof. Xaiver
Cillian Murphy as Erik Lehnsherr
Selma Blair as Gabbrielle Haller
Ciaran Hinds as Baron Wolfgang von Strucker

Movie 2 - X-men
Would be a mash of two storylines. Basically X-tinction Agenda, and Uncanny X-men 1 with some of my own changes. A rogue military sect called the Magistrates are killing Mutants left and right and holding the entire island of Genosha hostage with Nuclear Warheads. Erik and Xaiver have a disagreement on whether they should help. Erik leaves to Form the Brotherhood of Mutants. Xavier starts to train students to defend themslefs and others. Magneto and his B.O.M. kick the Magistrates a$$, they find out they used to be US military and hold the US responsible and now threatens to send the Warheads state side. X-Men runs interferance and beat the B.O.M. and the US forces arrive(S.H.E.I.L.D.) arrest Mags, with a cameo appearance of Nick Fury. Also a final scene that sets up a sequel which Bolivar Trask asking th President for permission to start the Sentinel Program.

Cast
Scott Glenn as Prof X
Jared Padalecki as Scott Summers
Sophia Bush as Jean Grey
Chad Micheal Murray as Warren Worthington
Luke Barnett as Bobby Drake
Jeff Daniels (VO) as Hank McCoy
(I would get the Jim Henson company to do a Beast puppet, and Beast would be CG in the action scenes)

Danial Day Lewis as Magneto
Vincent Cassel as Bennet du Parris
Lizzy Caplan as Wanda Maximoff
Robert Kazinsky as Pietro Maximoff
Jaime King as Regan Wyngarde
Cyril Raffaelli as Mortimer Toynbee

David Anders as Cameron Hodge

Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury
William H. Macy as Bolivar Trask

http://www.imdb.com/
just use the search function.

I don’t think I would reboot with just the original five, but I wouldn’t exclude the idea of the original five either. Beginning with the original five, at least like in the books, makes it difficult to introduce new characters later, as so many character introductions eat up necessary screentime… Plus, the mansion would be lifeless without other familiar students walking around.

What I was thinking was they could run on the whole teachers by day, protectors by night angle (well not literally but you get the idea). The original 5 could all be teachers (it was weird that the first movie had a grand total of 4 teachers anyway. This was a missed opportunity for more adult X-men even if only cameos). Start with the original 5 and professor X but add Storm as an original member so it doesn't seem TOO much like all of these guys dogpiling on one girl. Wolverine would actually still be great as the newcomer used to introduce the audience. It always should have been Shadowcat in Rogue's place though.

Actually I've had an idea that the X-men could interrupt a fight between Wolverine and Sabretooth in the woods and bring them both in. Only to have Sabretooth waking up before Wolverine and going on a rampage inside the school. Not for a main plot or anything but it'd be a cool 30 minutes at least.

ah5.jpg

I would cast a live action TV series using the original X-Men.
Make them younger, high schoolers (besides Xavier), like the comic originally had them.
A live action TV would be more like a comic, giving the characters more screen time and more chances to interact and for more stories to unfold.
I wouldn't start casting other charactrs like Wolverine or Storm until season 2 at least.

you realize that the child labor laws would apply then
the younger cast members could only work for three hours a day

You seem uninformed. Let me help:
http://www.smmusd.org/samohi/rop/work_permits.htm said:
16 & 17 Year Olds (ROP CVE-COOPERATIVE)

* May not work during scheduled school hours.
* Is eligible for an extended hours work permit while enrolled in ROP CVE classes.
* May work up to 8 hours on a school day.
* May work between 5:00 AM and 12:30 AM on any day with parent and school permission.
* May work up to 48 hours per week.
* Overtime pay is required for more than 40 hours.
* Must attend 3 hours of ROP related instruction class per week.
* Extended work permit must be revoked if student discontinues attending ROP related instruction.

And even though my information is factual, I really just posted it because I'm tired as HECK of grown people playing teenagers when perfectly skilled teenage actors are out there and would be much more convincing. (Ie, Heroes would suck if they had Elisha Cuthbert or some other grown woman playing 15-year-old Claire, but that's EXACTLY what a bunch of other shows do. GRRRRR).

On my thoughts, I would VASTLY prefer a TV drama. It would be a reboot without actually having to take time and hate on the movie franchise, which, somehow, some people enjoyed.

Wow. Collin Farrell????

Gerard Butler for Wolverine!!

I can actually see Collin Farrel as Wolverine come to think of it. His voice is already more Wolverine-like than Jackman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"