X-Men Series vs. First 10 MCU Movies

Erzengel

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Reaction score
10 vs. 17 doesn't seem exactly fair, so let's subtract the latest 7 MCU movies.

X-Men Series:
X-Men
X-2
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: First Class
The Wolverine
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Regular or Rogue Cut)
Deadpool
X-Men: Apocalypse
Logan

vs.

1st Ten Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Marvel's The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor: Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy

I guess for me, I look at every Marvel movie Fox made and judge it by that as well, I can’t give them a pass on non X-titles, I look at all Marvel properties they had rights to. After all, we are judging every Marvel Movie Marvel Studios makes. Plus then you can look at the first 15 of each.

X-Men
Daredevil
X-2
Elektra
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four:Rise of the Silver Surfer
The Wolverine
Fan4stic
Deadpool
Logan

vs.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Marvel's The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avenger:Age of Ultron
Ant-man
Captain America: Civil War
Dr Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

I guess for me, I look at every Marvel movie Fox made and judge it by that as well, I can’t give them a pass on non X-titles, I look at all Marvel properties they had rights to. After all, we are judging every Marvel Movie Marvel Studios makes. Plus then you can look at the first 15 of each.

X-Men
Daredevil
X-2
Elektra
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four:Rise of the Silver Surfer
The Wolverine
Fan4stic
Deadpool
Logan

vs.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Marvel's The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avenger:Age of Ultron
Ant-man
Captain America: Civil War
Dr Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

I agree with you. Cherry picking the best of one but not the other is not a fair comparison.

As to the topic question. LOL X1,000. Does it even need to be asked? I don’t see anyone rooting for FF or X-MEN to STAY at Fox.

The MCU movies by a rather small margin, but a margin none the less.

I agree with you. Cherry picking the best of one but not the other is not a fair comparison.

As to the topic question. LOL X1,000. Does it even need to be asked? I don’t see anyone rooting for FF or X-MEN to STAY at Fox.

Cherry picking would be adding Civil War and Ragnarok.

I simply did the first 10 of the MCU versus the entire X-Men series which is their first 10.

Which I think levels the playing field, is that it also includes MCU's lowest 4 films in TIH, IM2, IM3 & T: DW.

I have to disagree, if Fox made 15 Marvel films, a level playing field, is then where one should use the first 15 Marvel films Marvel studios made. It’s the same studio making Marvel films, and ignoring everything that’s not an X-film means one Marvel movie they made relatively recently like Fan4stic is ignored.

I have to disagree, if Fox made 15 Marvel films, a level playing field, is then where one should use the first 15 Marvel films Marvel studios made. It’s the same studio making the same films, and ignoring everything that’s not an X-film means one Marvel movie they made relatively recently like Fan4stic is ignored.

But the FF Series, Reboot, Daredevil and Elektra aren't connected to the X-Men Series at all.

This isn't necessarily Fox vs. Disney.

Cherry picking would be adding Civil War and Ragnarok.

I simply did the first 10 of the MCU versus the entire X-Men series which is their first 10.

Which I think levels the playing field, is that it also includes MCU's lowest 4 films in TIH, IM2, IM3 & T: DW.

I meant you cherry picked the Best Fox Marvel films. Not the other way around. Either way it’s MCU by a mile.

I averaged up my scores out of ten for each movie:

X-men: 7.0/10
MCU: 6.9/10

lol

But the FF Series, Reboot, Daredevil and Elektra aren't connected to the X-Men Series at all.

This isn't necessarily Fox vs. Disney.

Well, the FR:RotSS alt/directers cut does have Reed morphing to Logan as a laugh.

So, you are basically just trying to compare one “universe” against another “universe”?

I meant you cherry picked the Best Fox Marvel films. Not the other way around. Either way it’s MCU by a mile.

I picked the 10 X-Men films which ironically are the best Fox films but that wasn't intentional in terms of cherry picking. Again, this isn't about being about Fox vs. Disney. I only would have added them if the FF appeared in the X-Men movies which they did not.

Well, the FR:RotSS alt/directers cut does have Reed morphing to Logan as a laugh.

So, you are basically just trying to compare one “universe” against another “universe”?
Yes and cutting down to it's 1st ten was me trying to make it more fair.

If you took the best 10 from MCU, and your 9th and 10th lowest movie is GOTG2 or Doctor Strange, it's not exactly fair imo.

And including Fox's FF series would have definitely make it harder for people to vote for Fox.

Last edited:
10 vs. 17 doesn't seem exactly fair, so let's subtract the latest 7 MCU movies.

X-Men Series:
X-Men
X-2
The Wolverine
Deadpool
Logan

vs.

1st Ten Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Marvel's The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy

As great as Logan, DoFP, and FC are, this movie alone tips it to Marvel Studios for me. The first 10 MCU films never generated a film I hated. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a bottom 5 CBM, IMO.

The Avengers - 10
Deadpool - 9.5
Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.0
Logan - 9.0
X-Men: Days of Future Past - 8.5

The Incredible Hulk - 8.5
Iron Man - 8.5
Iron Man 2 - 8.0

X-Men First Class - 8.0
Captain America: The First Avenger - 7.5
Iron Man 3 - 7.5

X-Men 2 - 7.5
Thor: The Dark World - 7.0
Thor - 7.0

The Wolverine - 7.0
X-Men: Apocalypse - 6.5
X-Men - 6.0
X-Men 3 - 5.5
Wolverine Origins -4.0

This is a fairly close race. Both studios have done their best work in the past 3 years. But I can't ignore the fact that half the X-films are still below the worst MCU film. Gotta stick with Marvel.

Taken as a whole MCU is obviously the winner.

But I think the best individual X-films are better than almost any MCU takers. I also think the franchise got a lot better around 2011. Take from that will you well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"