X3's competition getting slammed by critics!

Advanced Dark said:
What's funny is Ron Howards last film, Cinderella Man, had awesome reviews and was a great film. It was the biggest flop last year. Didn't Ron also make Alamo? If DaVinci makes less than 50 million...yikes.

Content is King.
Someone by the name of John Lee Hancock directed The Alamo.

I really have no interest in seeing the Da Vinci code at all. Never read the book nor do I care about the movie it's based on. The x-Men, now that's something that goes back to my childhood so I care about that alot more. Plus I just have to see his hotness, Ben Foster as Angel. ;)

I think that the DaVinci Code will be critic proof...

I just started reading The Da Vinci Code, so I don't think I'll see the movie till later. Do you all think X3 will make more money than Da Vinci Code?

Hmm...didn't Karen say this movie was going to be amazing?

It has 0% with 5 reviews. I think I might be right on this one :D

Check this out....

'Da Vinci Code' Misses the Mark for Critics

By DAVID GERMAIN, AP Movie Writer
2 hours, 34 minutes ago

CANNES, France - "The Da Vinci Code" drew lukewarm praise, shrugs of indifference, some jeering laughter and a few derisive jabs Tuesday from arguably the world's toughest movie crowd: critics at the Cannes Film Festival.

The year's most anticipated movie, "The Da Vinci Code" was a generally faithful adaptation of Dan Brown's monster best seller, spinning a murder thriller that stems from a cover-up of secrets about Christianity's roots.

While readers worldwide devoured the novel, reaction from Cannes critics ranged from mild endorsement of its potboiler suspense to groans of ridicule over its heavy melodrama.

"It's a movie about whether the greatest story ever told is true or not, and it's not the greatest movie ever screened, is it?" said Baz Bamigboye, a film columnist for London's Daily Mail. "As a thriller, well," he continued, shrugging.

"Maybe the next day I'll forget about it," said Igor Soukmanov of Unistar Radio in Belarus. "But today for two hours it was good entertainment. ... As a Hollywood movie, it's a very nice picture."

Critics got their first look at "The Da Vinci Code" a day before its world premiere at Cannes on Wednesday, when it also debuts at theaters in France and some other countries. The film opens worldwide over the following two days, including the United States on Friday.

Directed by Ron Howard, the movie stars Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou as strangers hurled together on a frantic quest for the Holy Grail after a series of murders is committed.

The filmmakers add some twists and variations here and there, but the general thrust of the novel remains intact, including its theory that Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene were married and had a child, which has prompted denouncements from many Christians.

The Cannes audience clearly grew restless as the movie dragged on to two and a half hours and spun a long sequence of anticlimactic revelations.

"I kept thinking of the Energizer Bunny, because it kept going and going and going, and not in a good way," said James Rocchi, a film critic for CBS 5 television in San Francisco and the online outlet Cinematical. "Ron Howard makes handsome films. He doesn't make bad ones, but he doesn't make great ones."

One especially melodramatic line uttered by Hanks drew prolonged laughter and some catcalls, and the audience continued to titter for much of the film's remainder.

Some people walked out during the movie's closing minutes, though there were fewer departures than many Cannes movies provoke among harsh critics. When the credits rolled, there were a few whistles and hisses, and there was none of the scattered applause even bad movies sometimes receive at Cannes.

Critics singled out co-star Ian McKellen, playing a wry Grail enthusiast who joins the search, as the movie's highlight, injecting hearty humor and delivering the most nuanced performance. Paul Bettany added a seething mix of tragic pathos and destructive zealousness as a monk assassin who carries out the slayings.

Bamigboye said all the actors were solid, but enthusiastically added, "I've got to tell you, Ian McKellen steals it. He slices all the crap away."
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/film_cannes_da_vinci_code

I believe The Da Vinci Code will be slammed by most part the critics, but the audience will praise it, just like the book.

The Da Vinci Code will do gangbusters at the box office this weekend but the legs on it depends on the word of mouth this weekend. I'm expecting Da Vinci to make at least 75 million this opening weekend.

As far as The Last Stand goes, because it's opening on Memorial Weekend, it'll reach 100 million in four days, all but assuring the Wolverine Spinoff (bad place yes) and X4.

The legs on each film could go either way. It just depends on word of mouth.

& this Movie will get 100 % Positive Reviews :confused: This Movie is already getting mixed reviews

In the Hollywood Reporter's review they mention X-Men.

Ian McKellen is the star, what a surprise :D

Also, why is it that everytime I hear Audrey Tatou's voice I want to destroy my speakers?

m surprised da vinci code is getting bad reviews.

"I kept thinking of the Energizer Bunny, because it kept going and going and going, and not in a good way," said James Rocchi, a film critic for CBS 5 television in San Francisco and the online outlet Cinematical. "Ron Howard makes handsome films. He doesn't make bad ones, but he doesn't make great ones."

Some people walked out during the movie's closing minutes, though there were fewer departures than many Cannes movies provoke among harsh critics. When the credits rolled, there were a few whistles and hisses, and there was none of the scattered applause even bad movies sometimes receive at Cannes.

Ouch.

karea07 said:
m surprised da vinci code is getting bad reviews.

If you ask me all this Free Publicity bad or good will help The Da Vinci Code :o

CANNES, France - "The Da Vinci Code" drew lukewarm praise, shrugs of indifference, some jeering laughter and a few derisive jabs Tuesday from arguably the world's toughest movie crowd: critics at the Cannes Film Festival.
Ouch!!!
Im not sure x-3 will get any better if we are already getting mix review from the fans...

I'm not. I found the book boring. Too talkative. Seems like the movie reflects that. They should have done Angels & Demons first

CapBeerCino said:
:eek: Missed that... OUCH!!! Brett and company must be real nervous...
It seems critics are getting tougher and tougher each year.

CapBeerCino said:
Ouch!!!
Im not sure x-3 will get any better if we are already getting mix review from the fans...
I think it might. Not a very long running time. Emotion, action, good acting. Isn't that the things they are saying that is bad about TDVC

I think we'll be surprised by the critics response to X3

Aiden said:
I think it might. Not a very long running time. Emotion, action, good acting. Isn't that the things they are saying that is bad about TDVC

I think we'll be surprised by the critics response to X3
Well, I hope you're right.

Critics complained how X2 was way too long. Let's see how this will do with a shorter runtime.

Mr Lex Luthor said:

Critics can kiss my white ash. I dont need idiots that probably most of the time get paid off to say certain things about Movies telling me what I think about a Movie.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
The level expectance rises with the stars and the budgets. It's only human really. I mean if i hear a movie is costing 200 million. I want it to look like that.

I just hope the critics will see X3 as a good action movie with a intelligent basis, then a rather bad intelligent movie with good action.

All in all, it looks like X3's got the better hand... for now.

Dark Beast said:
I just hope the critics will see X3 as a good action movie with a intelligent basis, then a rather bad intelligent movie with good action.

Well if the Critics know the Comic Book History & how much they changed the Story this Movie is based off of. They probably wont see it that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"