X3's Musical Score: Forum Discussion (merged 2)

I miss the X2 theme. When the movie started, and found out they didn't have that, i was humming the theme to myself. :(

Downhere said:
While Ottman's score wasn't bad...I don't understand all the praise it gets. X1's score was more memorable and X3's score was great as well.

I think because Ottman's X2 score has a good hero theme. The one you hear during the opening and closing credits.

I liked what was playing when we saw Angel taking his first flight.

If anyone wants, I can send you a song from the OST? If it works thought and if I'm allowed..

i think there are certain songs from all three films that have worked really well, i cant say one is better than the other as they all sound slightly different but good

in X1:
the main theme
mystique's theme
brotherhood theme
final battle at statue of battle of liberty
logan and rogue's theme

in X2
jeans theme when she uses phoenix power
the main theme
some of the mansion attack theme
tornado jet sequence theme

in X3
the main theme
phoenix theme which occured several time the music but in different ways

i can remeber less from x3 cos havnt seen it as much, but when i left the cinema, the phoenix rising theme was in my head for hours, still kinda is so something was right about that score

I liked the X3 score overall.

X2 had a good theme, but it got played over and over and over again.

Ok I've listened to the whole album now. And I came to like it a lot. The Phoenix song is so catchy. Someone said this movie didnt have a superhero theme like X2 did, but when I listen to the song 'The Last Stand' (at 03:25 minutes) it's like the X2 theme is mixed in it just for a second and it deffinitely sounds like a hero theme to me. I think X3 has the best soundtrack of all the X movies.

Ororo_ said:
Ok I've listened to the whole album now. And I came to like it a lot. The Phoenix song is so catchy. Someone said this movie didnt have a superhero theme like X2 did, but when I listen to the song 'The Last Stand' (at 03:25 minutes) it's like the X2 theme is mixed in it just for a second and it deffinitely sounds like a hero theme to me. I think X3 has the best soundtrack of all the X movies.

Yeah, I've been humming Phoenix's theme all weekend.

May somebody please share the love by posting/hosting some tracks?

:(

i finally got the score, it really is amazing! and by far the best of the three!
angel's theme is better just by itself though.
jean's theme is heartbreaking!
my favs thus far are definitely whirlpool of love, dark phoenix's tragedy, the funeral, and the last stand.
this memorial day, i will be remembering professor charles xavier...

Warhammer said:
May somebody please share the love by posting/hosting some tracks?

:(

If I knew how.. I can try sending a song to your email though if you pm me your address.

Its funny watching you guys fawn over a score that is mediocre at best ;)

If you all want to hear some really incredible scoring, check out the score for Memoirs of a Geisha...the film is so-so..but the score is breathtaking.

Stewie Griffin said:

If you all want to hear some really incredible scoring, check out the score for Memoirs of a Geisha...the film is so-so..but the score is breathtaking.

If I compared every film's score to John Williams, I'd be a very unhappy music listener. ;) This is good, but it's obviously not up to that level: what is?

Try closing your eyes when hearing Dark Phoenix's Tragedy, it so powerful... just loved this scene. For me it's the best scene!

Stewie Griffin said:

Hater. :mad:
Clean your ears.

Warhammer said:
Hater. :mad:
Clean your ears.

You know... heh... She agrees with you :)

orly.jpg

and me too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"