X3's Musical Score: Forum Discussion (merged 2)

I love Phoenix Rises! But I really like anything with the Phoenix theme in it. Its great.

Did anyone notice in The Last Stand, near the end, it de-exotifies Phoenix's theme to make it the central theme? Very nice tough, it shows how important she is in this movie.

The Original Bamfer said:
I love Phoenix Rises! But I really like anything with the Phoenix theme in it. Its great.

Did anyone notice in The Last Stand, near the end, it de-exotifies Phoenix's theme to make it the central theme? Very nice tough, it shows how important she is in this movie.

thats 4:28 right? ;) I love it. :) I guess you and I are on the same page. :)

:up:

This is the kind of score that only improves a movie!

I think so too. :) I'm glad I'm listening to it now before I see it.

What did u think of my manip?

famkeisjean.jpg

;) ... Lets hear it for Famke!! -claps-

by the way... in Whirlpool of Love. heh... listen to the part at .48 to .55 reminds me of ...a particular scene from a different movie :)

The luck dragon from the neverending story. LOL :p Falkor :) weeeeeee

yeah and I kept her body figure. :) Not storm's :p ... :) Thats my Jean... kinda hot... and sexy in her x-men suit. sad we don't see her in it all that much in this one. :( but the red one ain't that bad.

I'm right with ya on the Phoenix theme, its written so it can sound so majestic, but menacing and mysterious at the same time.

To me, it (The Last Stand) also makes it seem like the whole Phoenix thing is still somewhat unresolved. Based on the music alone, I'm debating if she dies in the end or not, and whether theres somewhat a sequel setup in this movie, seeing s theres that after-credits clip which apparently reveals something important.

Let me tell you, I have a large collection of scores, and this is by far the best. During Phoenix Rising and Whirlpool of Love, I almost cried. They are just so powerfull and saddening.

Hearing the main theme during the DNA/Cure sequence in surround sounds was awesome. I'd say that John Powell has definitely pulled it off.

I love the clips I've heard thus far. I can't wait to hear the score in the film itself.

I think im glad that i listened to the soundtrack first. so it'll help me enjoy the film. Score does help to make the film enjoyable. It works for me especially with SW... so. yeah. this is the best soundtrack I've heard since Sith. :) THANK YOU AND I LOVE X-MEN.

I love this soundtrack. I love that song Skating on the Pond from the Kitty and Bobby scene. It fits the mood perfectly.

yeah, IMO this soundtrack is on par with the RotS one, mmmm Battle of the Heroes vs Dark Phoenix Tragedy...anyone?

I'd combine Anakin's betrayal and battle of the heros with all the Phoenix tracks together... then you'd have... Anakin/Vader's and Jean/Phoenix's story interwined with each other

Wow, Williams and Powell sure know how to express the situation with the right notes

someone do that... omg...that would be like 10 mins...more like it...no ..a 30 min track :D

I still think that the music beginning from "Entering the House" to "The Funeral" is the best in this soundtrack :) But that's just me :)

They should have kept John Ottman (or however you spell his last name) because this new guy wasn't so good. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good what Ottman did with X2.

It was just as good, IMO...

I'm still partial to Kamen somehow...

-TNC

This score pretty much sucked. I usually never *hear* the score the first time I watch a movie because it's usually good enough not to distract me from the story I've been pulled into - but with this movie, I was actually LOOKING for the score to rise up and fill the emotional void that was not captured or portrayed well on screen. Still, the action did a lot of the damn talking! Good flick. Great flick? Probably not. But still good.

I'm not saying it was a bad score, but just not as good as Ottman's stuff.

the film needed much more than a better score.. it needed proper character development and an emotional attachment to these characters.

Catman said:
I'm not saying it was a bad score, but just not as good as Ottman's stuff.

Simply put, the score was not memorable like the second film

It really had no purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"