Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

For me, these gadgets have different purposes and its been like that for more than a decade

Laptop - personal files, work
Cellphone - social media, web browsing
TV/console - streaming, videogames

I don't have a smart watch and tablet, since I don't need them. I barely use my headphones.

For me, these gadgets have different purposes and its been like that for more than a decade

Laptop - personal files, work
Cellphone - social media, web browsing
TV/console - streaming, videogames

I don't have a smart watch and tablet, since I don't need them. I barely use my headphones.
Yeah that's what it is for me, too. It's why I prefer not to do my gaming on a computer but a console. I'll play a game on my smartphone to pass the time.

Although I gotta admit, I really dug the HDMI in/out feature that the Xbone had where you could play a game while watching cable television at the same time. I don't think any other video game consoles has ever done that.

I don't like the sound of that...the naming convention back in 2001 started with how consoles literally are a box, and with that in mind, Xbox came up as clever. But if they're visioning being less physical and disc free and all that...the naming doesn't come across as working as well

The Xbox "Business Update" just about to start. The endtimes? :D :csad:

4 games going multiplatform but they aren't naming them today (but not Starfield or Indiana Jones).

Elsewhere the games were named as Grounded, Pentiment, HiFi Rush and Sea of Thieves. 2 live service games (makes sense) and 2 good smaller games that could do with more sales.

There's also coming out with an ultrapoweful handheld console...potentially.

Looks like they’re talking about a big tech leap for the next box plus a handheld. I think the platform holders can all benefit from having a handheld (or the gamers at least can). Was the Vita unprofitable? Why didn’t they stick with it?

Looks like they’re talking about a big tech leap for the next box plus a handheld. I think the platform holders can all benefit from having a handheld (or the gamers at least can). Was the Vita unprofitable? Why didn’t they stick with it?
I don't know if it wasn't unprofitable so much that it just didn't receive much support, third party or first party. Accessories were also too expensive so everything just added up to it becoming a failure.

You mentioned that Starfield and Indiana Jones aren't part of the four despite rumors, but will those ever come to PS5? Can you rule that out?
I don't think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform. We're focused on these four games and learning from the experience.
But I don't want to create a false expectation on those other platforms that this is somehow the first four to get over the dam and then the dam's going to open and that everything else is coming, that's not the plan today. I also don't want to mislead customers on those other platforms. We're launching these four games, and we're excited about it. We're excited about the announce and everything else, but we'll see what happens for our business.
I understand that Microsoft has also previously been weighing up the idea of bringing Gears of War, Microsoft Flight Simulator, and even the next Doom game to rival platforms. Final decisions haven't been made on these other games, but there's bound to be more than just four. As this strategy evolves, it's clear there will be some interesting decisions being made about the future of Xbox games and exclusivity.

I don't know if it wasn't unprofitable so much that it just didn't receive much support, third party or first party. Accessories were also too expensive so everything just added up to it becoming a failure.
Oh I didn’t know that. Quite a shame. I had thought I would get one eventually. What kind of accessories did it have? I don’t actually have much clue about handhelds. :D

Oh I didn’t know that. Quite a shame. I had thought I would get one eventually. What kind of accessories did it have? I don’t actually have much clue about handhelds. :D
the first one that comes to mind was the price of its memory cards. and personally, I think that's a major reason why the console flopped.
They need to stop dicking around and just make the Xbox brand an affordable line of gaming PCs. That's what they've been working towards since Xbone.
now that is actually a brilliant ass idea

Elsewhere the games were named as Grounded, Pentiment, HiFi Rush and Sea of Thieves. 2 live service games (makes sense) and 2 good smaller games that could do with more sales.
Pentiment and Hi-Fi Rush, if true, would be solid titles on the Switch. I can also see Grounded to be a chill game to play on a handheld gaming device.

the first one that comes to mind was the price of its memory cards. and personally, I think that's a major reason why the console flopped.

now that is actually a brilliant ass idea
It was a legit good console and also Nintendo slashed the price of the 3DS which didn't help matters.

If MS releases a handheld gaming device down the road, then it needs to be priced competitively against the Switch/Switch 2. Priced anywhere near handheld PCs like the Steam Deck or the ASUS ROG Ally and it will be considered a niche product and might be DOA.

It was a legit good console and also Nintendo slashed the price of the 3DS which didn't help matters.
It was legitimately a good console which I believe never got to see its full potential unfortunately. If Sony slashed its price at the same time 3DS did, I think things would end up being very different.
The Switch changed things... Like the Wii... Let's hope it isn't like Kinect.
The original Kinect was actually a pretty big success on the 360. They sold something like almost 25 million of them before the launch of the Xbone.

It was the launch of the latter that kind of ruined it. Bundling it and having that be the only purchase option at the time, that is.

It was legitimately a good console which I believe never got to see its full potential unfortunately. If Sony slashed its price at the same time 3DS did, I think things would end up being very different.

The original Kinect was actually a pretty big success on the 360. They sold something like almost 25 million of them before the launch of the Xbone.

It was the launch of the latter that kind of ruined it. Bundling it and having that be the only purchase option at the time, that is.
I always liked the Kinect and still play some of the old games on it. Force-bundling it into the X1 was one of the dumbest ideas in console launch history though.

I always liked the Kinect and still play some of the old games on it. Force-bundling it into the X1 was one of the dumbest ideas in console launch history though.
not only that, but when they un-bundled it and sold it separately, it retailed for $150! it's like they wanted it to fail at that point.

It'll likely just be a cloud streaming device. A dedicated Xbox handheld makes zero sense otherwise.

It'll likely just be a cloud streaming device. A dedicated Xbox handheld makes zero sense otherwise.
hmm...I dunno how a cloud streaming device could be touted as the "largest technical leap," but I'm also not that knowledgeable on how raw power works either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"