Xenosaga - Episode 3 - Playstation 2

Trigger said:
It was only going to be six games.

lol, how should she have acted? You have to remember that only a year ago she was working in a lab, and in general just being a bookworm. To have gone through all that she's seen is pretty disturbing to say the least. Besides, I'm a bit tired of all the "loner" men who sit aroundand angst after surviving a massacre.

I get that they were trying to be different than the loner stereotype (which I actually do like, I just compared them to make a bad joke). What I really didn't like though was how she kept ragging on her friends. I understand that she has been through a lot, but so has everyone else, and they have been through most of it together. They have been there to help each other and all she does is constantly ***** them out. Now if they had made it more personal, and say she only really *****ed out Jin, then I could understand it a little bit more, seeing as how their relationship has always been a little strenuous at best.

It just kind of annoyed me, becaus eit's not like she was the only one going through hard times. Jr. ended up having a part killing all three of his siblings (even though Albedo did come back), Ziggy had to once again face the man that initially drove him to wnat to lose his all of his humanity by becoming a cyborg, hell, even Canaan had to come to terms with his purpose in life no matter how much he hated it. All of these characters, while doing certain parts of it on their own, looked to the others for help and guidance, and knew that the others were their to help them. All but Shion, who was almost ready to abandon them when Kevin came back even when she saw what he did in the past and that he was never truly the man she thought he was.

kytrigger said:
I get that they were trying to be different than the loner stereotype (which I actually do like, I just compared them to make a bad joke). What I really didn't like though was how she kept ragging on her friends. I understand that she has been through a lot, but so has everyone else, and they have been through most of it together. They have been there to help each other and all she does is constantly ***** them out. Now if they had made it more personal, and say she only really *****ed out Jin, then I could understand it a little bit more, seeing as how their relationship has always been a little strenuous at best.

It just kind of annoyed me, becaus eit's not like she was the only one going through hard times. Jr. ended up having a part killing all three of his siblings (even though Albedo did come back), Ziggy had to once again face the man that initially drove him to wnat to lose his all of his humanity by becoming a cyborg, hell, even Canaan had to come to terms with his purpose in life no matter how much he hated it. All of these characters, while doing certain parts of it on their own, looked to the others for help and guidance, and knew that the others were their to help them. All but Shion, who was almost ready to abandon them when Kevin came back even when she saw what he did in the past and that he was never truly the man she thought he was.

Well what can I say? People get irrational when they're faced with traumatic experiences. It's hard to empathize with others when you've more or less been told that you will die soon. I don't think she really ignored them, so much as she saw her situation as utterly hopeless. I doubt Jin could ***** smack U-DO and make him stop messing with Shion, nor could anyone else help her too. Kevin really was the only one with an alternative for her.

Also, to be technical everyone did the same thing. Jin became emotionally distant after the Miltian incident. My memory might be a bit fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure Jr. had a similar reaction when he went to face Albedo at the end of Ep. 2. People tend to be a bit selfish when things get really ****ed up.

SO this is the prequel story to Xenogears right?

No, no it's not, and to be honest, I'm really tired of people saying so. A lotta stuff would have to happen in Ep 4 in order for Xenosaga to connect with Gears. :o

Trigger said:
No, no it's not, and to be honest, I'm really tired of people saying so. A lotta stuff would have to happen in Ep 4 in order for Xenosaga to connect with Gears. :o

So you dont really know for sure. and what would have to happen exactly?

One simple scenario. A large space (Eldridge) vessel is constructed in a future episode to take people to the lost jeruseleum. (Xenogears Planet)

I can think of ten more that are just as simple.

Not saying your wrong but I dont see how you would think a lot of things would have to happen..

chosen1 said:
So you dont really know for sure. and what would have to happen exactly?

One simple scenario. A large space (Eldridge) vessel is constructed in a future episode to take people to the lost jeruseleum. (Xenogears Planet)

I can think of ten more that are just as simple.

Not saying your wrong but I dont see how you would think a lot of things would have to happen..

Mark your spoilers like moi. Someone who might not have finished the game could stumble in.

As for why it couldn't connect (so far that is) here are a few of my thoughts.

A) Able is already on Lost Jerusalem, in order for the XG to connect with XS wouldn't he somehow have to get on the Eldridge and then crash on a random planet?

B) The devs have said several times that XG =/= XS. If Square still owns the rights, then they couldn't possibly take that direction if they wanted to. The minor references (Omega's forms, Abel, Mai, etc) seem like treats for fans of XG and not actual hints at a possible storyline going in the XG direction (especially since XG's storyline wasn't on the same scale.)

C) The total lack of XS's most major story elements in XG. Granted, humans can't use the UMN anymore so there's no need for it to be in a XG storyline, but where would they fit in chaos and KOS-MOS? They're the focus of the saga, and I'd imagine the story would have to be altered to include them.

D) This last one is mostly my opinion and less based on fact as well, but who would build Deus? Ormus is dead, the Federation is splintered, and Vector isn't at war either. Sellers is certainly an option, but any motivations for him doing so would have to be introduced or hinted at in an Ep:4. He's one of the biggest part of XG's storyline and no one has a reason to build him.....yet.

So, I guess I'm not saying a XG=XS connection isn't possible, just that there would have to be a lot of set-up for it to happen. Nothing so far in the XS storyline has really hinted at that happening. Besides, would it really be that fun to play the same game over again? XG definitely needs a next-gen make-over, but I don't the XS line is the place to do it.

Trigger said:
Mark your spoilers like moi. Someone who might not have finished the game could stumble in.

As for why it couldn't connect (so far that is) here are a few of my thoughts.

A) Able is already on Lost Jerusalem, in order for the XG to connect with XS wouldn't he somehow have to get on the Eldridge and then crash on a random planet?

B) The devs have said several times that XG =/= XS. If Square still owns the rights, then they couldn't possibly take that direction if they wanted to. The minor references (Omega's forms, Abel, Mai, etc) seem like treats for fans of XG and not actual hints at a possible storyline going in the XG direction (especially since XG's storyline wasn't on the same scale.)

C) The total lack of XS's most major story elements in XG. Granted, humans can't use the UMN anymore so there's no need for it to be in a XG storyline, but where would they fit in chaos and KOS-MOS? They're the focus of the saga, and I'd imagine the story would have to be altered to include them.

D) This last one is mostly my opinion and less based on fact as well, but who would build Deus? Ormus is dead, the Federation is splintered, and Vector isn't at war either. Sellers is certainly an option, but any motivations for him doing so would have to be introduced or hinted at in an Ep:4. He's one of the biggest part of XG's storyline and no one has a reason to build him.....yet.

So, I guess I'm not saying a XG=XS connection isn't possible, just that there would have to be a lot of set-up for it to happen. Nothing so far in the XS storyline has really hinted at that happening. Besides, would it really be that fun to play the same game over again? XG definitely needs a next-gen make-over, but I don't the XS line is the place to do it.

I agree that they aren't the true prequels that people thuught they were going to be. If Square had released the rights to XG, then I could easily see where a couple of plot points in XS could have easily been changed to make it more of a prequel, but it's too late now. Like you said, for it to happen, they would have to really change some things in Episode 4 and I think that would actually hinder the game. I look at it as being too late for these to be official prequels, but instead are just a really good rpg trilogy.

But square should remake Xenogears... The game rocked but it's success (and most possibly budget) was undermined by Final Fantasy games... Speaking of which I'm gonna replay Xenogears...
and levelling up FEI to level 99 in Lahan (I'll shark it cause doing it legally would suck...) and I wanna see if I'll have any trouble on that battle

I'm determined to finally beat the first game, then the second, then buy and beat the third.
I always started the game, then got to a certain point, then just forgot about it.

How hard is it to find Xenogears nowadays?

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Bandai Namco trademarks Xenosaga Episode III subtitle Also Sprach Zarathustra in the U.S.[/FONT]
Published 3 days ago. 451 comments.
Trilogy remaster on the horizon?

Xenosaga-Trademark_04-16-18.jpg

Bandai Namco has trademarked “Also Sprach Zarathustra” in the United States.

“Also Sprach Zarathustra” is the subtitle of Xenosaga Episode III, which released for PlayStation 2 in 2006.

There have not been any recent developments in the Xenosaga series. However, this trademark might indicate Bandai Namco is considering remastering the trilogy.

source:
Gematsu

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"