The Official Mega Man Thread

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne Now Available On PSN. May 6, 2015 . 11:51am

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne can be played on the PlayStation 3, PSP, and PS Vita.

Yesterday, we reported that the ESRB had rated The Misadventures of Tron Bonne for re-release as a PSOne Classic. This morning, Capcom announced that the game is available for purchase.

A sealed copy of The Legend of Tron Bonne can go for more than $400, so the game is—or was—something of a rare gem.

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne can be played on the PlayStation 3, PSP, and PS Vita.

Update: Some folks are reporting they can’t find the game. If you can’t find it on the PSN via your device, use this link instead.

Read more stories about PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita & PSP & The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Last edited:
I can't wait. I hope they release the entire series.

I'm mother****ing happy that this is up. It's the only Legends-related game I haven't played.

Hopefully, maybe this is a sign that Capcom found a way to resolve the legal issues surrounding the Legends series? I own the two Legends copies, but I wouldn't mind paying 6 bucks for Legends and Legends 2 since I'd be endlessly replaying them on the Vita.

I hope they don't cancel an announced Megaman game and then come up with a half-assessed excuse..... Again.

I don't think there's any coming.

There were games coming.... But Capcom claimed that there wasn't enough fan input and that there was "too much" megaman.

I think a lot of when we'll see Megaman next will depend on how well Mighty Number 9 does. It had a pretty spectacular Kickstarter, and if it actually sells really well on the market, I expect Megaman will be right behind in some form.

If re-releasing Megaman on the Wii U virtual console is any indication, I'd say they're testing if Megaman's still viable.

That seems like a terrible way to test that, and if that's actually what they're doing it seems like something that was set up to fail from the beginning.

Nah, they've had them on the Virtual Console for years on the Wii and 3DS.

I wish they released MM9&10 on the 3DS and Vita. I have no idea why they haven't?

I think the problem started when Capcom thought there wasn't much support for Megaman Legends 3. The problem with this logic is that Fan support=/=General sales.

Also, I think this is a first of virtual consoles of the Megaman Battle Network series. Has anyone played that? I thought it was a decent RPG series.

If re-releasing Megaman on the Wii U virtual console is any indication, I'd say they're testing if Megaman's still viable.

That seems like a terrible way to test that, and if that's actually what they're doing it seems like something that was set up to fail from the beginning.

Exactly! Capcom did this exact same thing with Darkstalkers. They teased heavily a few years ago that Darkstalkers could see a revival (Google "Darkstalkers Aren't Dead") and then to hype it all they re-released the classic old PS1-era Darkstalker games on PSN (probably Xbox Live too, I dunno). No one cared about those. So Capcom pretty much said "well, you guys didn't take to those old games we made available so we're NOT GIVING YOU AND NEW DARKSTALKER GAMES :cmad:"

That' was a completely dumb, bullsh** way to try to prove the fanbase's loyalty for a new DS game. Fans really DID want a new DS game. Read: NEWDarkstalker game. The concept has always been fun and fans would have loved a modern fighter in the same vein as MvC3 or SF4 with vampires, werewolves, and Frankenstien's monster fighting each other. But the truth is, those old DS games Capcom tried to make us buy just DO NOT hold up anymore, and most DS fans have bought them, and re-bought them ad nauseam.

So pretty much, because we didn't buy old versions of the games that we've probably have gotten several times before anyway because Capcom has re-re-rereleased them so many times before, Capcom decided to halt any supposed plans for more Darkstalker games.

If thats what their doing with Mega Man, they might as well just stop. I have most Mega Man games still in their original cartridge forms, plus the Mega Man Anniversary & X Collectios, I have these games legally on my Wii, some legally on my Wii U, legally have them on my 3DS, illegal downloads of the rest on my Wii, and even Mega Man 2 and X on my iPhone. Enough. I'm not buying the same game(s) for the twelfth time just because I think maybe Capcom will release another 8-bit Mega Man redux and call it a new modern Mega Man, or do nothing at all and just re-re-rerelease these Mega Man games again in another four years.

Capcom can go eff themselves hard on this and everything else they do.

Hey, I've been trying to tell people that Capcom made lots of bad business decisions for awhile now (they also used to be bad human beings in terms of psychology and health too).

We'll see how they do now with more Monster Hunter, layoffs, and some exclusive deals.

Last edited:
Yeah, as Travesty said, I think you guys are looking too much into the re-releases. I really don't think it's some type of test honestly, just sort of a standard thing that's been started since last gen. I mean, was re-releasing Dino Crisis & Dino Crisis 2 some kind of test for a potential DC reboot? Kind of doubt it.

They have a large catalog that they know applies to a certain subset of people, and they can release it with a small amount of time and effort. I honestly don't think there's anything more to it than that.

Mega Man 8 Coming To PlayStation Network Next Week

News
by May 23, 2015 at 03:21 PM
psp-icon.png

Following the successful release of The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, another PlayStation Mega Man classic is coming to PSN.
... More

source: GI

A near dead part of me still hopes they'll see that the love of the fans for this series isn't gone and they'll give us X9. In one way or another.

I have a feeling that if Mega Man comes back, it will be something entirely new rather than a sequel or something like that. I would like to be wrong though.

I'm mother****ing happy that this is up. It's the only Legends-related game I haven't played.

Hopefully, maybe this is a sign that Capcom found a way to resolve the legal issues surrounding the Legends series? I own the two Legends copies, but I wouldn't mind paying 6 bucks for Legends and Legends 2 since I'd be endlessly replaying them on the Vita.

5102_front.jpg

Yes please

Off topic from the usual ames talk but foud it interesting

Report: Mega Man Animated Series In Production. June 2, 2015 . 11:25am

Man of Action Entertainment will create, write and executive produce the series.

Dentsu Entertainment USA are teaming up with Man of Action Entertainment to develop a 26-episode Mega Man animated series, according to a Deadline report.

According to Deadline, under the deal, Dentsu holds worldwide broadcasting and licensing rights for the new series, and is aiming to air it sometime in 2017 to coincide with Mega Man’s 30th anniversary.

Man of Action Entertainment (Marvel’s Avengers: Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, Ben-10) will create, write and executive produce the series.

Note: Image from Mega Man X6.

Read more stories about Mega Man on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Gate, an X6 boss.

If the show succeeds, you never know.

this oes ito slihtly off topic territory but it's still a fu oe

Make Mega Man Dance In This Total Conversion Mod For Crypt Of The NecroDancer. June 7, 2015 . 3:27pm

Mega Man will need to get his boogie on if he’s to survive the deadly dungeons of Crypt of the MegaDancer.

[YT]okKU45lbR3c[/YT]

The first total conversion mod for the recently released dungeon crawling rhythm game Crypt of the NecroDancer is Mega Man-themed. It’s called Crypt of the MegaDancer.

It’s essentially the same game as before, except this time all of the tiles, sprites, and sounds have been replaced with 8-bit Mega Man art. What this means is that, yes, you can finally get Mega Man to dance while he throws out some deadly moves against his enemies. Also worth noting is that this total conversion is compatible with replays and leaderboards.

The only thing missing from Crypt of the MegaDancer, according to its creator, is new cutscenes for Cadence, Aria, and Melody. Those will be added later. For now, you can download Crypt of the MegaDancer through Steam providing you already own a copy of Crypt of the NecroDancer, of course.

Read more stories about Crypt of the NecroDancer & PC & Videos on Siliconera.
here's a video Review if you don't know what Crypt of the Necro Dancer is so you cna turn it into the Crypt of mega dancer as they said up top

3DS, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Mega Man Legacy Collection announced for PS4, Xbox One, PC, 3DS
Published 3 hours ago. 78 comments.
Original six Mega Man games and new Challenge Mode.

Mega-Man-LC-Ann_06-08-15.jpg

Capcom has announced the Mega Man Legacy Collection, a digital-only collection including the original six Mega Man games, due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC this summer, and 3DS this winter.
The $14.99 collection will ship with a new Challenge Mode and a Museum collection of art assets that promises to appeal to both new players and fans.
Get the trailer and fact sheet below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.
Overview
Mega Man Legacy Collection is a celebration of the 8-bit history of Capcom’s iconic Blue Bomber. Featuring faithful reproductions of the series’ origins with the original six Mega Man games, the Legacy Collection will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made Mega Man such a popular and iconic character. Mega Man Legacy Collection will feature all six games and more for an MSRP of $14.99 this summer as a digital download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, and this winter on Nintendo 3DS.
In addition to the six Mega Man games, Mega Man Legacy Collection features new ways to experience the classic games with the Museum Mode and new Challenge Mode. Challenge Mode remixes gameplay segments from all six games, with plenty of scaling difficulty objectives for experienced players to conquer yet serving as a good starting point for new players, too. Museum Mode contains a comprehensive collection of history, high-res art and original concept pieces – a mega treat for any fan of Mega Man and video game history.
Features

• Six classic games in one – Play a piece of video game history with the original six Mega Man games and experience the origins of the classic series.
  • 8-bit style with HD flair – The games retain their retro 8-bit style with an added HD finish, giving a crisp, clean look to the charming, classic sprites.
  • Challenge remix mode for new and veteran players – The robust new Challenge Mode remixes gameplay from all six games for a new type of challenge. It provides both increasingly difficult trials for experienced players and also teaches newcomers to become familiar with the style of the games and tackle some of the trickier areas.
  • Museum of the era – The Museum Mode features a massive repository of history and art collected from the era of the games in this collection. Take a look back at the history of Mega Man with loads of information, high-res art, concept pieces, sketches and more in the Museum.
  • Developed with an all-new engine – Using the newly developed Eclipse Engine, Capcom and Digital Eclipse are able to archive these six pieces of video game history with faithful reproductions of the originals for a new generation of gamers.
  • Leaderboards and video replays – Fans will be able to watch video replays of the top players on the leaderboards, showcasing a whole new generation of Mega Man talent.
  • visit gallery »

Read More

3DS, PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Capcom, Clips, Game Announce, Mega Man Legacy Collection, Screenshots, Trailers
Also with updated news from

Mega Man Legacy Collection Announced For PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, And Nintendo 3DS. June 8, 2015 . 8:09am

The Mega Man Legacy Collection is a compilation of titles that will include “faithful reproductions” of the first six games.

[YT]DTrTBqQwk-8[/YT] Capcom have announced the Mega Man Legacy Collection, a compilation of titles that will include “faithful reproductions” of the first six original Mega Man games, along with a new Challenge Mode and a Museum Collection of art assets.

This collection will be released for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 in North America and Europe this Summer, followed by a Winter release on the Nintendo 3DS. The PC and console versions of the game will be given an “added HD finish”. The game is built on a newly developed “Eclipse Engine,” created by Digital Eclipse.

Here’s how Capcom describe the new Challenge Mode that’s been added:
The robust new Challenge Mode remixes gameplay from all six games for a new type of challenge. It provides both increasingly difficult trials for experienced players and also teaches newcomers to become familiar with the style of the games and tackle some of the trickier areas.
Meanwhile, the Museum Mode will feature high-res art, concept pieces, sketches in more. Finally, the Mega Man Legacy Collection will also include leaderboards and video replays, allowing fans to watch replays of the top players on the boards. It will cost $14.99 on all four platforms.

Update: Artwork from the Museum Mode can be found below:

Read more stories about Mega Man Legacy Collection & Nintendo 3DS & PC & PlayStation 4 & Videos & Xbox One on Siliconera.

source: Gematsu& Siliconerahttp://gematsu.com/2014/09/dragon-quest-heroes-debut-gameplay

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"