Superman Returns "yellow spandex" scene in Superman Returns

Wesyeed said:
If I had the power, i'd make my own, everybody's own and we'd all be happy.

Lex: Nice shower curtain superman. (referring to superman's cape)

no, that's no good.

How about-

Lex: you've always lacked style superman, but this ensemble is on a completely different level of terrible.

And that, sir, is why you are not a Hollywood writer.

lol insults. I don't have any desire to be one anyway.

DorkyFresh said:
Lex Luthor "well well...it's Superman! wow, you're lookin' in great shape! haven't aged a day!"

or maybe...

Random dude "Dang Slim! That's a tight out-fit! (instead of BAD outfit)
WOOOO!!!"

That inspired me to do something in the "Caption This" thread, check it out! :D

mcflytrap said:
One of the things that made Batman Begins so good is that they didn't have those little winky in-jokes....to quote Richard Roeper, no one's winking at the camera going "We're making a comic book movie here!"
Well it all depends on your idea of good. I don't mind the aforementioned scenes in X-Men and Spider-man. But I also like that they didn't use it in Begins. It's all a matter of execution to me. If it HAD been done in Begins and it had been done well, then I would have no problem. Those things don't make or break a movie to me, or don't even really affect my enjoyment of the film too much.

Seems some people have a really hard time transitioning in and out of the suspension of disbelief of a movie. I have no such problems. I can distance myself from a film enough to enjoy when it becomes self-referential but still be involved enough in the story to keep the suspension of disbelief going.

KalElofKrypton said:
What kind of tongue in cheek things were in X-Men and Spider-Man?
Well, there was the "yellow spandex" thing in X-Men. And then there was Aunt May saying the Peter wasn't "Superman" in Spider-man.

i think the scen when theyr standing around its abird its aplane then clark wlaks in was kind of a wink wink scene

they could have Lex just say straight up

Lex-"Your suit sucks"

Wesyeed said:
no wait... really when I watched that yellow spandex scene it honestly took me out of the moment too, hard to explain. I got a chuckle of course, but yeah it was awkward to hear in that scene because it's so specific. He could have just said spandex, didn't have to be yellow... that's the awkward part.

Maybe, but it's not like they don't have comic books in that world. I'm sure Logan probably thought the group reminded him of a comic book superhero team, where, yes, everyone wears tight spandex. ;)

So, Superman what is it Boxers or Briefs?

So, Superman why do you wear your underwear on the outside of your costume? Could it possibly be to cover up the skid marks on your leotard?

Asgard said:
Random teenager to another random teenager who sees Superman flying: Dude, that suit is totally gay.

I would totally laugh if they actually had that in the movie.

Superman doing a shirt rip to reveal a white T-shirt should be a nice comedic moment.

GeNocide_08 said:
lex: nice outfit *chuckles*

supes: nice wig

lex:....:bomb:

*rofl* something like that would really have me in stitches.

Lex: "You know I think I liked the bigger S."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"