you bastards are not allowed to fantasize about Jade anymore.

I disagre with that. They used Patrice Deslites just as much, if not more, than Jade Raymond. Just about everything on the bonus disc of the Assassins Creed Limited Edition is lead by Desilets. I think there is one or two videos showcasing Raymond. I saw more of Desilets than i did of Raymond.

Ironically, if you google Patrice Desilets, you get more pictures of Jade than you do of him.

Unfortunately though, Ubisoft has far more legal resources and money at their disposal and can drag it out a lot longer. They can put quite the financial burden on Somethingawful simply by suing them regardless of the results.

Sixth Amendment FTW!!!! Right to a speedy trial. (I hope)

Speedy%20Gonzales%20internet.jpg

I disagre with that. They used Patrice Desilets just as much, if not more, than Jade Raymond. Just about everything on the bonus disc of the Assassins Creed Limited Edition is lead by Desilets. I think there is one or two videos showcasing Raymond. I saw more of Desilets than i did of Raymond, at least towards the end of Creeds dev cycle.

The problem is that they did parade her around (and still are) like a circus freak. The picture of her front and center in the Ubisoft Montreal team is a prime example of this. They're using the fact that she's an attractive women to get the game nerds to buy into their products. I'm all for an attractive woman being interested in gaming, but not like this. This is just bull****, and is a discredit to all of us who take the hobby seriously.

I think the fact that Patrice speaks more French than English was a contributing factor. And maybe, just maybe, Jade wanted to get the same level of fame that Hideo Kojima has. So she tries to field more questions, takes up a more active role and so everyone feels that the game is her baby. And Ubisoft wasn't "parading" her like a circus freak. She gets as much air time and face appearances as Michael Ancel but Ancel isn't getting called an attention seeker.

And if its wrong for Ubisoft to come to the aid of one of their own, then ***k it, something ain't right. Admiration for her looks is one thing, obsession and insulting them are another. She and Patrice made a great game togehter with the UBisoft Montreal team. It has to be a decision by ALL members of the team about who gets to choose who speaks for them. Moreover that picture above is irrelevant. The photographer likely took several pictures of the entire group before asking Jade to stand prominently before them. Whether it was editor of a magazine or a gaming site which chose to run THAT picture as compared to the rest is not her fault.

Thats in a criminal trial, not a civil. The sixth amendment does not apply to civil cases.

Who is Jade by the way? I've never heard of her?

And, depending on a case to case basis, Producers are sometimes barely involved with the game, or very involved with the game. Say what you want about UBi or the PR choosing her to promote the game, she was always a consumate professional, and she always 'sold' the game in her interviews, not based off her looks.

she's probably the only one who could speak english without a french accent:o

Theres a youtube clip where you hear some guy wacking off to her pictures...

Because she's a chick, that's the only reason she's getting ****. It honestly is. And I'm as far from a feminist as you can get. Immediately fanboys don't think, "I wonder if she has the skills to make a decent game," it's, "is she hot or fugly? And if so, would you still bang her?"

Peopel are stupid, fanboys are ridiculous, gaming fanboys are among the worst (with sci-fi geeks).

Jade Raymond is hot, she is super hot, but that doesn´t give the right for any 40 year old virgin to make any pic he wants and put it on the net.
I hope that Ubisoft gets into court and wins, and if they doesn´t win, the system is fu**ed up.

If they don't win I'm sure that they'll at least ensure the creator is paying legal expenses for the next 10 years.

I don't find Jade hot because she's hot...

I think she's hot because she's hot.....AND she knows her **** when it comes to Video Juegos :o

(Video games...en ingles.)

Isildur´s Heir;13283874 said:
Peopel are stupid, fanboys are ridiculous, gaming fanboys are among the worst (with sci-fi geeks).

Jade Raymond is hot, she is super hot, but that doesn´t give the right for any 40 year old virgin to make any pic he wants and put it on the net.
I hope that Ubisoft gets into court and wins, and if they doesn´t win, the system is fu**ed up.

Even though the cartoon is question is in bad taste, it's still allowable under the first amendment, which covers freedom of speech.

As WHF said earlier, Larry Flint won a case against Jerry Falwell when he published a cartoon in Hustler that was also in bad taste, but like the Jade cartoon, satirized him.

So, yes that 40 year old virgin has every right to make any pic he wants and to put it out on the net.

said the guy in the videogame forum of a superhero fansite...

Even though the cartoon is question is in bad taste, it's still allowable under the first amendment, which covers freedom of speech.
As WHF said earlier, Larry Flint won a case against Jerry Falwell when he published a cartoon in Hustler that was also in bad taste, but like the Jade cartoon, satirized him.
So, yes that 40 year old virgin has every right to make any pic he wants and to put it out on the net.
I have nothing more to say than

from wikipedia
In Hustler Magazine, Inc. v. Falwell, 485 U.S. 46 (1988), the United States Supreme Court held, voting 8-0, that the First Amendment's free-speech guarantee prohibits awarding damages to public figures to compensate for emotional distress intentionally inflicted upon them unless they can show that the statements that gave rise to the distress were false and that the person that made those statements knew they were false or acted with reckless disregard for the truth in making the statements. Hustler magazine's parody of Jerry Falwell did not satisfy this standard, and so the Court reversed a jury verdict in favor of Falwell awarding him $250,000 in damages.
Flint lost!!
So, what the hell are you guys talking about?
Above freedom of speech comes freedom of the individual.
You can say what you want about an idea or institution, not an person, if not, the first amendment would be one big joke.

said the guy in the videogame forum of a superhero fansite...
I never said i wasn´t :o :o :o

Actually, Flint won. The court reversed the ruling of the Fourth Circuit. The Fourth Circuit found in favor of Falwell.

:wow:

828ikn9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"