You gotta love California. Not really though

Ever since jonty's jumbled picture has been created, I just keep imagining him looking like some ugly dude resembling a Picasso picture
 
The automotive manufacturer's have low emission alternatives which can be bought. Why cant' they just tax the snot out of the higher emission vehicles and make consumers pay for their choice? After all it is the consumer's choice to buy what they do, and the manufacturer's have complied with the Cali emission requirements.

Besides Ford, and GMC are barely in business now as it is, and if they go out based on this suit the economic ramifications would be huge.
 
3 strikes and your out, thats no good.
You can go to prision for smoking on the beach if you get caught doing it 3 times, thats f**ked up.
screw Cali.
 
you sure about that?

i thought they had to be serious crimes to warrant the three strikes enforcement (well, the first two, i guess)
 
Nope, you can be put away if you do 3 minor law breaking things.
To me thats pretty warped.
 
hmmn. could you back that up?

i know people have been put away for minor stuff on their third strike- but only if they had serious offences already on their record.
 
This is what I have been told be a reliable source.
 
hmmn.
in light of their current wronghoodity, you might want to rethink other parcels of knowledge this source has imparted to you.:huh:


Ps- WTH? you trying to take over "last post" status for every thread on the front page, D?
 
well, Il go investigate, maybe visit wikipedia.
 
and i guess thats the answer.

congatulations, O king of first page of community.:down
 
Dangerous said:
3 strikes and your out, thats no good.
You can go to prision for smoking on the beach if you get caught doing it 3 times, thats f**ked up.
screw Cali.
maxwell's demon said:
you sure about that?

i thought they had to be serious crimes to warrant the three strikes enforcement (well, the first two, i guess)
Dangerous said:
Nope, you can be put away if you do 3 minor law breaking things.
To me thats pretty warped.
Not even close Dangerous. Stop pushing BS as if it's fact. California will convict you for "three strikes" for a third felony of any kind if the first two were violent or serious. Other states require all three to be violent or serious. Smoking on the beach will get you a fine, it certainly isn't a felony.
 
Lurk said:
Not even close Dangerous. Stop pushing BS as if it's fact. California will convict you for "three strikes" for a third felony of any kind if the first two were violent or serious. Other states require all three to be violent or serious. Smoking on the beach will get you a fine, it certainly isn't a felony.

Unless if it was a big ass cig that gaved anyone within a mile cancer instantly...
 
How about tax cuts for people who drive hybrid vehicles to offset the higher cost of said vehicles?
 
The Lizard said:
How about tax cuts for people who drive hybrid vehicles to offset the higher cost of said vehicles?

that's a great Idea, I've always thought that there should be incentives for people to switch (since people often fear newer things) and to compensate for the fact that these vehicles are about 6 to 8,000 dlls more expensive :up:
 
The Lizard said:
How about tax cuts for people who drive hybrid vehicles to offset the higher cost of said vehicles?

They already do that.
 
NHawk19 said:
The automotive manufacturer's have low emission alternatives which can be bought. Why cant' they just tax the snot out of the higher emission vehicles and make consumers pay for their choice? After all it is the consumer's choice to buy what they do, and the manufacturer's have complied with the Cali emission requirements.

Besides Ford, and GMC are barely in business now as it is, and if they go out based on this suit the economic ramifications would be huge.

Because higher emission cars are still cheeper than lower emission cars. Hence why people go with such cars at times. There are people who just can't afford them. In the end, your idea would not only screw over the car companies which are already in bad shape, but also screw over the consumer.

Don't worry though, thanks to higher gas prices (nothing compared to Europe and Japan), the demand is shifting towards lower emission vehicles. Hopefully this will speed the process along in creating new technologies that make such vehicles not only cheaper, but more efficient, reliable, and hell, maybe even cleaner!
 
hippie_hunter said:
Good for the enviroment. Bad for business. Bad for residents having to pay higher taxes to pay for the programs.

Yes we do need to take care of the enviroment. Yes the FEDERAL government should do more to help (Bush's enviromental policies are f**king ******ed). But California takes it a bit too far.
There's a new bill coming up I believe that will tax oil company Proposition 87 presents a simple choice to voters: do we keep doing things the oil company way or do we move forward with cleaner air and cheaper energy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,773
Messages
21,809,183
Members
45,626
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"