Your Comic Book Movie Wishlist

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
Basically what movies would you personally like to see them do above all others and why? Will split my picks in to Marvel, DC & other publishers but if you only have one specific character you would like to see get the big screen treatment that's cool as well, just post below.

Marvel

The Silver Surfer & Galactus

For me you can't do one without the other and with Radd's story so intertwined with Galactus I think you really need to have them as the two main characters of the movie to truly explore the themes that make Galactus & Silver Surfer such interesting characters.

Nova
https://****************.com/wp-content/themes/wgtc_v2/resizer/resizer.php?file=uploads/2019/05/15556835311341080-22-640x321.jpeg&height=650&width=1303.3562822719&action=resize
With Feige saying that the next phase of the MCU will lean more heavily in to the cosmic side of things there is never a better time to introduce Richard Rider, always just loved the look of this character and it would make sense to introduce him now since Thanos seemingly destroyed (or at the very least greatly damaged) Xandar off screen.

Namor

I have gotten to see what DC can do with their king of the seas so im intrigued to see how Marvel can make there different, also like the idea of him being introduced as an anti-hero who clashes with several already established Marvel characters and even potentially doing the war between Atlantis & Wakanda storyline.

DC

Green Lantern Corps
Green-Lantern-Corps-movie.jpg

Ever since the Ryan Reynolds movie back in the day I have been wanting to see them do the Green Lantern's right. I like the idea of having multiple different Lanterns in the one movie like Jordan, Stewart and Rayner and giving it almost a buddy cop feeling but in space.

Booster Gold

https://******************.com/files/2019/05/2019.05.30-02.01-******************-5cefe24d2412a.png
For me Booster is pretty much what most folks would do if they ever got access to this sort of stuff, think that's why I find the character so relatable. Also think there is a good arc in there if done correctly about somebody playing hero eventually becoming one.

Green Arrow & Black Canary

One thing I have never really been that interested in for the most part are love interests in comic book movies, it often feels like if its a man or woman they are simply used as a tool in the movie to make our hero more vulnerable. The Green Arrow & Black Canary romance is one of the few that I think breaks that mold and would make for a fresh take on the comic book story having it based around a super couple on equal terms.

Other Publishers

One Punch Man

Ever since I first came across the show randomly on Netflix one night I have hoped that we might one day get to see Saitama on the big screen. Remember when I first heard the concept and it sounded like the dumbest show ever but after just one episode I was hooked.

Those are some of mine, what are yours?

I don't really have any for DC. I'd've liked to see more of Cavill's Superman (without the bs BVS/JL baggage) but that ship has sailed.

For Marvel:

Ms. Marvel

Thunderbolts

Agents of Atlas

Superior Spider-man/Doc Ock body switching story

Exiles

Valkyrie (either Tessa Thompson or Natalie Portman, or both)

Champions (The current ones)

Ironheart

And literally almost any X-men or X-men related movie you could imagine as long as it's something that feels new relative to what Fox was doing (but in particular Storm solo and Rogue solo/teamup).

I wanted a Moon Knight movie, but I guess a show would be better now that it's made for PG-13 Disney+. Makes up for the 14 years in the making announcement.

I want a movie for the Flash, a movie for each generation of the Flash, or a trilogy per character that does them justice to story and character. Not too much focus on speedsters.

A Superman movie that is very Bronze Age heavy. That is my favorite version of Superman. Richard Donner movies gave us Bronze Age Superman and Golden Age Clark Kent, I want both sides to be Bronze Age. And have Clark working for WGBS.

An X-Men movie. A real, honest to goodness X-Men movie with the colorful costumes, the mutant powers, the fear of mutants from the public, the whole thing. No black leather, no grouping random mutants together, just the X-Men the way they were meant to be seen.

Also a Sabretooth movie and a really good Catwoman standalone heist movie.

An X-Men movie. A real, honest to goodness X-Men movie with the colorful costumes, the mutant powers, the fear of mutants from the public, the whole thing. No black leather, no grouping random mutants together, just the X-Men the way they were meant to be seen.

Also a Sabretooth movie and a really good Catwoman standalone heist movie.

YES
I would cry of happiness if all of that happened

For Marvel, I'd love a Daken movie. Not even a long movie, just an action packed one. Maybe not an origins story, but as a fan of the character I just want some father-son angst between him and Wolvie.
A Yondu movie is also something I'd like, but I think there's maybe a show already in the works? Not sure.

For DC, a Booster Gold movie would be awesome. I'd also quite like a Batman's Villains movie. Just a movie of Batman's classical villains (Penguin, Riddler, Joker, Scarecrow, Two-face etc...) as the main character trying to work together and failing. More an action-comedy type thing.
Also a movie with the four robins would be fun to me, but the two movies would need to establish a lot of character which could be difficult to do.

A comic book accurate retelling of The Boys comic by Garth Ennis would be something I would personally fund if I could, with some adjusting of the main plot so that it fits in more of a movie format. But I think I'd be the only one who'd go see it QvQ

My wish-list (regardless of how likely they are),

DC
Deathstroke
Batgirl
Supergirl
Huntress (comic accurate, not the BoP movie version)
Vigilante (Adrian Chase - wanted this since his title first launched in the 80s)
Silencer

Marvel
Moon Knight
Puma
Werewolf by Night

Dynamite
Vampirella
Purgatori
Black Terror
Scarab

Zenescope
Belle the Beast Hunter
Hellchild

I want this to happen, and a Ted Kord movie, and a movie of these two teaming up. This will be the closest we've had to a Spider-Man/Human Torch friendship onscreen that I've been yearning for, cause Ted and Michael are like Peter and Johnny, and these two act a bit juvenile in a pleasant way when they are together when things aren't serious.

Marvel
Moon Knight
Puma
:highfive: to fans of these two characters.

If we're talking general ideas rather than getting too much into specifics (or going crazy pipe dream tier), assuming good execution...

DC:

More Batman like Batman '89 to Batman Forever with Catwoman and Ivy
Gotham City Sirens
Zatanna
Rebooted Black Canary / Birds of Prey

Marvel:

X-Men with Emma Frost and Psylocke (or solo titles)
Kate Bishop
More Black Widow

And it doesn't matter as much as the above to me, but the non-DC/Marvel thing I'd most like to see is Gen13.

I recently read Forever Evil and I intrigued by idea of The Crime Syndicate.

It is shame Geoff Johns has cut them short in their run, but I definitely want they make it on the big screen.

A theme of a evil super team movie like The Crime Syndicate is interesting (just dont make them turn into anti hero like Suicide Squad was, but make them more like Homelander teams from The Boys but with more obvious evil-ness)

not really sure if it counts as comic book movie. i would liked good He-man & Master of the universe movie. I enjoyed the 1980s master of the universe movies!! its one of my favorites!! I heard David s goyer was going to write & director & he said he was going to write it liked epic lord of the rings movie ,but he was too busy. now i heard sonny sold the rights to net flex!! i would rather see live aciton he-man TV series then movie. i also heard that noah centineo is playing prince Adam/ he-man. i never heard of him, I would get the rock or wwf star john cena. I also liked to see squeal or reboot of the phantom. not sure if there doing one or not. they did make phantom TV movie. but i didn't liked it. it was about the phantoms son & i didn't liked the costumes. & to me it didn't have Enough aciton. they were making an Phantom movie called phantom legacy but i hadn't heard any thing for sevarl years!

Last edited:
Superman in an incredible massive action scene from the skies to outer space kicking the living crap out of Braniac’s robot army before taking on Braniac himself. That is something that for some stupid AF reason Hollywood just cannot seem to do.

also a great philosophical silver surfer film

Reactions: CJ
I see a lot of Marvel and DC movies.

I attempted to get a thread going to really sort of gauge all the comic films that have come before... Of course there are many adaptations that are best left alone but I think there's potential in a lot of these independent companies to really do something unique. Now, of course theater wise it's a tough sell but as studio backed SVOD sprouts up I wonder if there'll be a new modus operandi for showcasing films that may stream well yet for 1 reason or another not encourage people to go out socially and watch in a theater based setting...

Dynamite comics has made a lot of unique properties but I think the independent market is where it's at to really bring something unique and original to the screen in a way that wouldn't work from a theatrical distribution model perspective. A film that's under 100 million budget seems like it would be plausible now with the worldwide market and extra ways to deliver content I would think...

Therefore, something not Marvel or DC I think is where I'd like to see content increase.

I just want a good Fantastic Four movie that embraces the larger than life, epic Sci-Fi grandness of the comics. Is that too hard to ask for?

Apparently so X’P
Here’s to hoping the MCU versions are better.

I see a lot of Marvel and DC movies.

I attempted to get a thread going to really sort of gauge all the comic films that have come before... Of course there are many adaptations that are best left alone but I think there's potential in a lot of these independent companies to really do something unique. Now, of course theater wise it's a tough sell but as studio backed SVOD sprouts up I wonder if there'll be a new modus operandi for showcasing films that may stream well yet for 1 reason or another not encourage people to go out socially and watch in a theater based setting...

Dynamite comics has made a lot of unique properties but I think the independent market is where it's at to really bring something unique and original to the screen in a way that wouldn't work from a theatrical distribution model perspective. A film that's under 100 million budget seems like it would be plausible now with the worldwide market and extra ways to deliver content I would think...

Therefore, something not Marvel or DC I think is where I'd like to see content increase.

Something not Marvel/DC would definitely be refreshing to see.

An enjoyable, exciting Superman film in which Superman behaves as his comic book counterpart would ( or even Superman from TAS or JL animated series) throws few punches, inspires people ( including the audience) saves the day and smiles at the audience as he flies off into the sunrise.

Imagine the best of Superman the movie combined with the best elements of Man of Steel.

Is that too much to ask for ? :smf:

X-Men
Fantastic Four
Inhumans
She-Hulk
Spider-Woman
Namor
Nova
Moon Knight
Hawkeye
X-Factor
The New Mutants