Your Favorite X-Men Movie

First Class is probably the best X-Men film, but Days of Future Past and X2 are both really great as well. For Wolverine solo, obviously Logan is the best by far.

The hype over Logan will die down in time, except for people who still think The Dark Knight is the best superhero film ever. Some people just really get off on that downer/dark tone.

TDK isn't even my favorite of the Nolan films...It's Batman in a Michael Mann film, cool. Well made film but I'm not sure it's even in my top 10. To each their own, we like what we like. :up:

First Class is probably the best X-Men film, but Days of Future Past and X2 are both really great as well. For Wolverine solo, obviously Logan is the best by far.

The hype over Logan will die down in time, except for people who still think The Dark Knight is the best superhero film ever. Some people just really get off on that downer/dark tone.

First Class is definitely the most overrated x-men movie.

The Dark Knight is considered to be by the majority the best superhero film, the highest rated critically, and critics recognize it as one of the best films of the 2000's. Ledger's Joker is ingrained in pop culture.

I hope that last part of your sentence is sarcasm.

Last edited:
Solid points. It's all good my friend, I respect your opinions. I'm just having some fun here. Great time to be a CBM fan. :up:

Cheers. Love the dancing Deadpool gif. :)

I'm just took your comments as an opportunity to air my small gripes about Logan, which is a great movie, not just a great cbm. I just feel that with a couple of small changes it could have been a serious contender for greatest of all time - it certainly is the greatest cbm since the Dark Knight. IMO.

First Class is definitely the most overrated x-men movie.

The Dark Knight is considered to be by the majority the best superhero film, the highest rated critically, and critics recognize it as one of the best films of the 2000's. Ledger's Joker is ingrained in pop culture.

I hope that last part of your sentence is sarcasm.
No, I'm definitely not kidding haha. I like The Dark Knight and I think it's a good film, especially Ledger's performance.

However, there's a lot of reasons it is overrated. One, a huge part of the reason it's so highly regarded is simply that Ledger died right before it came out. Just like nearly every film that comes out after a beloved actor/actress dies, it creates a critical dogpile. It was a massive part of the box office performance too. I remember I had swaths of friends who went to that film just because they were fans of the guy who died, particularly girls. Similar thing happened with Fast and the Furious and Paul Walker last year or whatever.

Then in the fan communities, it's still being carried by the fact that it is still the latest undisputedly good film that DC has put out. It's like if the MCU was cancelled after Iron Man...we'd still all be here talking about how great of a film it was and how great Downey was in the role. But obviously The Dark Knight and Iron Man, both great films with amazingly casted, perfect performances by a lead, have been long surpassed by more recent entries in the genre.

My vote for most overrated in the X-Men films is Deadpool. When it comes to the character, it really is the best possible portrayal you could ask for, but damn is that character irritating!

I would say most fans feel like you, but I've seen it on twitter and other places where people say things like, "I can't believe Deadpool made more $$$ then The X-Men, THE X-MEN!", or "Sad that people like something silly and trivial like Deadpool more then something that deals with serious, relevant issues, typical", etc, etc. Again, certainly not the majority of X-Fans, but there are some super serious fanboys/girls out there. Just food for thought.

Again, I find that silly, but oh well.

Thank you. I will keep that in mind! :yay:

Would you consider the spin-off/solo movies essential viewing for plot, or mostly valuable for character development?

The spin offs are part of the story IMO. So they are worth watching for sure.

I hate having to pick a specific film 😱 can't I pick 3😉

This is a bit off-topic, but I can't make new threads yet. Could someone recommend the best and most essential X-Men movies to me, in recommended viewing order? I watched the first one years ago, but nothing since then. I'm just getting into comic movies. Thank you! :)

EDIT: I will definitely watch X2, since I see it rated so highly.

there are 3 ways i recommand watching them in one of 3 ways depending on your taste

1:First Class.Origins.X-Men.X2.Last Stand.The Wolverine.DOFP.Apocalypse.Deadpool.Logan

2:X-Men.X2.Last Stand.Origins.First class.The Wolverine.DOFP.Deadpool.
Apocalypse.Logan

3:First watch First class.X-Men.X2.Last Stand.DOFP,and APocalypse.after that watch Origins.the wolverine.Logan and after that watch Deadpool.

I tend to watch film in order in film series when they take place.

Logan, X2 and DOFP all even Steven now, I had great difficulty choosing just one out of those 3 as they are all superb.

Logan, X2 and DOFP all even Steven now, I had great difficulty choosing just one out of those 3 as they are all superb.

X2,DOFP,and Logan are all viewed by many as best in series.also best reviewed films in series.Deadpool and first class are liked by some.called overated by some.

X2,DOFP,and Logan are all viewed by many as best in series.also best reviewed films in series.Deadpool and first class are liked by some.called overated by some.

Yeah that sounds about right, throw in Legion which has been awesome and the franchise has mostly done well.

I haven't seen the last three. Unfortunately I thought the first was the best and, aside from DoFP, pretty much every film has been worse than the predecessor.

1. DOFP
2. Deadpool
3. X2
4. Logan
5. First Class
6. X-Men (the first one)
7. The Wolverine
8. Apocalypse
9. Last Stand
10. Orgins Wolverine

I watched Daily Bugle Spidey's video on this. Does anybody think we'll see Peter battle Tony as Spider-Man for treating him like a little kid and a busboy during the movie? I mean, Tony sees so little potential in him that his Suit even has a stupid Training wheels mode!

The last 4 X-movies have 60 percent of the vote.

The franchise is better than ever!

Man this is so close, the winning 3 movies are so good though i don't see us getting g a clear winner.

How I'd rank them:

1. X-Men: First Class
2. X2
3. Deadpool
4. X-Men
5. X-Men: DOFP
6. Logan
7. The Wolverine
8. X-Men: Apocalypse
9. X-Men: The Last Stand
10. XMO: Wolverine

Can't believe someone actually picked TLS and Origins. :huh:

I have a friend who thinks Origins is the best Wolverine movie and Deadpool is terrible.

Don't ask me, man. I have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"