• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

your idol

Easily James Stewart. Ever since I first saw him in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, I've been captivated by his portrayal of the common man. I'd even go as far as to say that he was the first method actor.

Sean Connery, the ultimate portrait of class, sophistication and cool.

Gary Oldman.
He brings something unique to every role he plays, and he makes sure he excels in every role as well.

Clint Eastwood. As a director though. Though he defined "BADASS."

Dwarf Lord...I would not put it past you to say that about Jimmy. There is a real actor who truly loved the craft. I loved hearing about his relationship with Stanley Donen and how he would turn down bad films (even with the best director) if he saw no merit in it.

Stewart is up there with me too, same with Mitchum and Bogart. True actors.

But why limit it to actors when the real people you should idolize are the visionaries? The Directors.

Bob Fosse, Akria Kurosawa, Scorcese, Michael Bennett (Stage), Hal Prince (Stage), I could go on...Frankenheimer! Oh goodness. I love directors and directing.

Tom Hanks. His characters are amazing and his acting has hit a high note these days. His performance in Cast Away took my breath away.

Christopher Walken.

Patrick Stewart! He always puts so much heart and passion into every role he takes on... I mean, who doesn't love Professor Xavier or Jean-Luc Picard?!

bailey_caine.jpg

I don't necessarily idolize any of them but Harrison Ford will always be the man despite whatever movies he makes now.

I really don't idolize anyone, but my main men are....

2003_bruce_almighty_011.jpg

tom%20cruise%20principal.jpg

flushedpre.jpg

stewart.jpg

0000035405_20061023190927.jpg

one of his greatest scenes:

75101854_69805da58c.jpg

and here in The Godfather

padri5.jpg

I don't really idolize any actor/actres,but some of my faves:

1.Gary sinsie
2.Tom Hanks
3.Mel Gibson
4.Karl Urban
5.Sean Bean
6.Tom Cruise
7.Christian Bale
8.Jamie lee curtis
9.Harrison Ford
10.Mark Whalberg(sorry name is mispelled I know)

*these are'nt in order of who I like the most,just some actors that I've liked for awhile,and some are I just started to like as an actor. I just don't have one favorite actor,also a special shout to: Rober Di'nero/Clint Eastwood/Jack Nicholson those should be on my list of fav's since they made some real classic movies,and are terrific actors.

Three actors who serve as my idols or at least served as guys who appeared in various films I liked in no particular order -

Charlton Heston
Harrison Ford
Arnold Schwarzenegger

bill murray

the man is awesome and can do so much...:woot:

My Directing Idols: Peter Jackson, Guillermo del Toro, Mark Steven Johnson, Sam Raimi, David Fincher, Christopher Nolan, Tim Burton, Spike Lee

My Acting Idols: Hugo Weaving, Liam Neeson, Christian Bale, Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford, Morgan Freeman

Sorry. I couldn't narrow it down.

CAH

I will watch almost anything with the following actors in it:

Females: Reese Witherspoon , Angelina Jolie

Males: Christian Bale , Johnny Depp , Russell Crowe and Jake Gyellenhall

There are plenty of great actors out there, Eastwood, Bogart, Ford, but none of them top...

THE PERLMAN!
240x320.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"