Your Own DCEU

TheNecessaryEvi

Civilian
Reaction score
Simply put, this is just a thread for people to show what they would like to do if they could create the DCEU. I think it'll be pretty interesting to see what ideas come up. Maybe some people can summarize their movie ideas to show the inter connectivity.

For example, here's a slate of films id like to see. I might even write a summary of the story in the long run id like to do.

DCEU Slate-

Man of Steel

Superman vs. Batman

Suicide Squad

Wonder Woman: War on Atlantis

The Flash

Justice League: Part 1

"Phase 2"-

Green Lantern Corps

The Batman

The Flash Returns

Teen Titans: Trigon Rising

Suicide Squad 2

Justice League Part 2

"Phase 3"

Nightwing

Shazam

I'm pretty happy with the slate so far, but if I had to make my own from 2018 to 2028, following on from MoS, BvS, Squad, Wonder Woman and JLA:

2018:

1. James Wan's Aquaman: Time & Tide
2. David Ayer's Suicide Squad 2
3. Guy Ritchie's Superman/Shazam: First Thunder

2019:
1. Ben Affleck's Batman: Under the Hood
2. Fede Alvarez' Dark Universe.
3. David Leitch & Chad Stahelski's Deathstroke

2020:
1. Duncan Jones' Justice League II: A New World Order
2. Neil Blomkamp's Cyborg & The Teen Titans: Titan Hunt
3. Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman II: Flesh & Iron

2021:
1. James Wan's Aquaman: The Triton Saga.
2. Michelle MacLaren's Bird's of Prey
3. Guy Ritchie's SHAZAM! Thunderworld Adventures

2022:
1. Ben Affleck's Batman: The Court of Owls
2. David Ayer's Suicide Squad 3
3. Zack Snyder's Man of Steel: For Tomorrow

2023:
1. Duncan Jones' Justice League III: Final Crisis
2. Neil Blomkamp's Cyborg & The Teen Titans 2: The Judas Contract
3. Patty Jenkin's Wonder Woman III: A League of One

2024:
1. Fred Dekker's Flash: Emergency Stop
2. James Wan's Aquaman III
3. John Hyams' Catwoman: Wild Ride

2025:
1. Neil Marshall's Hawkworld
2. Ben Affleck's Batman: Arkham Asylum (A Serious House on a Serious Earth)
3. Joseph Kosinski's Green Lantern Corps

2026:
1. Todd Phillips' Blue Beetle/Booster Gold
2. Neil Blomkamp's Cyborg & The Teen Titans 3: Titan Games
3. Joe Carnahan's Green Arrow: Longbow Hunters

2027:
1. James Gunn's Flash: Terminal Velocity
2. Vincenzo Natali's The Spectre
3. Gareth Edwards' Justice League Part 1: In Blackest Night

2028:
1. Gareth Evans' Nightwing: A Knight in Bludhaven
2. Neil Marshall's Hawkgirl: Hath-Set
3. Gareth Edwards' Justice League Part 2: In Brightest Day

I'm pretty happy with the slate so far, but if I had to make my own from 2018 to 2028, following on from MoS, BvS, Squad, Wonder Woman and JLA:

2018:

2019:

2020:

2021:

2022:
3. Zack Snyder's Man of Steel: For Tomorrow

2023:

2024:

2025:

2026:

2027:

2028:

This is actually a perfect slate and it really is perfect. However, at the same time if DC had followed the Marvel formula in terms of how to slate movies then the DCEU would be perfect.

But I am a fan of your slate

Such a slate would only work in a world without Marvel Studios.

At this point, it's really just a pipedream.

Guy Ritchie in charge of Shazam?

2018:

2019:

2020:

2021:

2022:
3. JJ Abrams's Man of Steel: For Tomorrow

2023:

2024:

2025:

2026:

2027:

2028:

Fixed that for you.

This is actually a perfect slate and it really is perfect. However, at the same time if DC had followed the Marvel formula in terms of how to slate movies then the DCEU would be perfect.

But I am a fan of your slate

Yeah, they got off to a rocky start, but don't forget so did MCU.

Guy Ritchie in charge of Shazam?

Honestly, insert your own director, all that was just me screwing around with a pen and paper when I should've been working instead.

That'd be great, especially since I could see Dafoe's casting news today as being for Dr Magnus.

Fixed that for you.

With all due respect; no. I was not a fan of Force Awakens. I don't think it has a well told story at all. I do think JJ should produce a movie for Snyder one day, I think they would counter balance each others short comings.

I'd rather take bland, lens flare junkie Abrams over Snyder ever touching Superman again. Brad Bird and Matthew Vaughn being my other choices.

I'm the opposite, if you're ambitious and you make a mess, I prefer that to someone who panders to the lowest common denominator. Bird and Vaughn would be fantastic however. Again, I was messing around on a text book, I don't even know why I put directors to begin with.

So we agree Brad Bird it is. ;)

I'm not one for mapping out whole movies or anything, but here's some world building I'd include:

Poison Ivy as the head of a South American drug cartel, her HQ being similar to Woodrow's lab from B&R. The exterior shot of the lab was cool, I'd keep something like that. Give her some human/plant hybrids for her thugs.

Waller's Suicide Squad being sent into Gotham to deal with Batman's extremist vigilantism.

great work stannis!

My DCEU is basically built around a huge filmed all at once trilogy of Crisis on Infinite Earths. I think my strategy, if they gave me the reigns now, would be a flock of mid-market films for spring and winter with only one or two tentpoles and a gaggle of TV shows.

Crisis on Infinite Earths: Secert Origins - Summer Year 1
- This would basically be all worldbuilding, as heroes from all over are pulled together and introduced to become our 'Fellowship.'
- The current DCEU, Flarrow/Supergirl.
- Starter League: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman, Flashes (make the second Flash stuck in time or something), Green Arrow, Firestorm, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter. Not a bad setup at all.
- Inspired by New World Order. Replace the Hyperclan with The Elite. The Justice League is the response.
- Reveal Starro as the ultimate Sauron-like enemy conquering multiple realities as the main thread, the foe, and how it takes over their loved ones is the thing that draws everyone together.

Crisis on Infinite Earths: Secret Crisis - Winter Year 1
- Add the DCUA-verse to the cast, via George Newbern, Kevin Conroy, Will Friedle and Phil LaMar reprising their Batman beyond characters.
- Add a John Stewart with a costume from the 2011 film. Perhaps, as comic relief.
- Add in Michael Keaton as a The Dark Knight Returns-inspired Bruce Wayne
- Add in Zatanna, Dr. Fate and Hawkman from Smallville verse.
- Add in The Watchmen, so that Starro's power is established by taking Dr. Manhattan
- One thread inspired by Tower of Babel perhaps with Keaton in the Ra's Role
- Another thread inspired by Identity Crisis, trying to suss out the who the traitor/killer is.
- Another thread trying to deal with the army of entralled Starro-ed people, heroes and villains
- Obvious nods to COIE, including Flash (pick one) running himself into oblivion and death of Supergirl/Wonder Woman.

Crisis on Infinite Earths: Dividid We Fall - Summer Year 2
- Everyone gets to shine, all the many threads set up in previous films payoff
- Climax is a team of Supermen which includes Smallville, Lois and Clark, Superman Returns, Man of Steel, Supergirl, DC"A"U, getting knocked off one by one until the main Superman emerges, perhaps a fusion of all of them. He has discovered the secret to destroy Starro once and for all, by merging all of the universes Starro has touched into one.

From there, I would split franchises between 1) shot-all-at-once trilogies for 2-3 tentpoles (say, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and a wildcard.) 2) mid-market spring/winter films (Cyborg, Aquaman, Shazam, Suicide Squad) 3) Television shows, whether network, cable or online.

So in my DCEU:
'Batman' is a show on Fox that combines the action of Arrow and the drama of Gotham, replacing both shows. Covers the whole of Batman mythos. Big Bads include: Hugo Strange, Joker, Ra's Al Ghul, Bane, Professor Pyg, Court of Owls, Prometheus and the like.
'Flash' is a show on the CW that combines the action of Flash with the drama of Arrow/Flash/LoT, replacing all those shows. Big Bads include: Reverse Flash, The Rogue War, Earth 3 Johnny Quick, Abra Kadabra, Cobalt Blue and the like.
'Zatanna' is a show on the CW that combines the action of Constantine with the drama of Lucifer, replacing both shows. Big Bads include: Eclipso, Klarion, Teth Adam, Morgaine La Fey and the like.
'Vixen' is a show on CW seed, except it has thirteen 22-minute episodes instead of six 4 minute episodes. Big Bads include Anansi, Shining Man, Antagon and the like.
'Justice Society of America' is basically NCIS: Superheroes, replacing Supergirl there. No big bads, per se, but some notable recurring cases such as Obsidian or Hath-Set.
I'd seriously consider doing Superman as a Network Original show, or on Hulu, perhaps only 13 episodes. Superman putting Hulu at Netflix numbers would be a powerful show of force, so to speak.
I'd also seriously consider using a property as a canon Telltale Game. Telltale's Maritan Manhunter would be really awesome, I think.

I feel as though superheroes, especially DC ones, are best done episodically. My approach would reflect that. After 10+ years of this kind of awesomeness (that's around 25 tentpole films and 25 mid-tier films), do another big giant trilogy, perhaps called Final Crisis with Darkseid really just ransacking the planet Earth and all the other planets and verses discussed so far, and just really making the New Gods a mind numbing, almost Cthulu-esque threat. This is not a foe you get to punch out. Kill off anyone who's actor doesn't want to do this forever. Then start fresh with your new 52/Rebirth.

Last edited:
If you're gonna do Batman on TV, you'd have to do a cable show. HBO, Cinemax, Starz, FX or something. I don't think Network TV would do him justice.

I've always loved the idea of an HBO series for a DC character, particularly Batman. Not a fan of the "Batman without Batman" shows on TV at the moment. Do it right.

As for the films, how about getting some big-time directors in there? Dump a lot of money to get a director onboard for one film (instead of for multiple sequels) to get one the smaller characters right. I'd love to see a Ridley Scott or James Cameron directed Green Lantern to set him up for the JL, instead of having GL1, 2, 3 with an unknown director. Hell, get Spielberg to do The Flash.

This is as far as my limited imagination goes…

Superman: The Man of Steel (Matt Reeves)

Batman/Superman: Dawn of Justice (Matt Reeves)
Suicide Squad (Stahelski & Leitch)

Wonder Woman (Michelle MacLaren)
Justice League Pt.1 (Matt Reeves)

Green Lantern Corps (Doug Liman)
Justice League Pt.2 (Alfonso Cuaron)
Dark Universe (J.A. Bayona)

Batman: A Death in the Family (Denis Villeneuve)
Cyborg: Electric Boogaloo! (Joe Cornish)
Suicide Squad: Just Batman Villains! (Stahelski & Leitch)

Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Matt Reeves)
The Flash (Dan Trachtenberg)
Aquaman (James Wan)

Wonder Woman: Odyssey (Michelle MacLaren)
Green Lantern Corps: War of Light (Doug Liman)

If you're gonna do Batman on TV, you'd have to do a cable show. HBO, Cinemax, Starz, FX or something. I don't think Network TV would do him justice.

You think so? I'd be more than satisfied with something that had the best parts of Arrow and Gotham. I don't think they could do the Frank Castle Batman from the latest films on network TV, but they're basically doing Batman on Gotham, last time I checked. They just need a costume and a couple fight scenes, and wide open access to the mythos. Certainly a Premium Cable version would be awesome too, but a Batman show that clocks in at Supergirl-level would pretty much make my century.

The best parts of Arrow and Gotham are not enough. :(

In summary...

Man of Steel wouldn't be so dreary. Superman isn't fun unless if he's fun to watch. I got none of that out of MoS. The story was actually pretty good, it was just presented terribly.

BvS was a good second step in my opinion. However, like Man of Steel, was missing a fun factor that I think could have made it better received. I would have cut the majority of the JL world-building: no Knightmare, no JL lineup email, no dingdingdingdingding scene. An adult Lex would have been preferable, but if they really wanted to push the ZuckerLex, they could have toned him down QUITE a bit (dingdingdingdingding). Lastly, I would replace Doomsday with Bizarro. It would make more sense that screwing around with Zod's body would create a screwy, messed up, backwards Kryptonian - not a hulking rock monster from that Noah movie two years ago.

Most of all, I'd find a way to ensure Green Lantern makes it into Justice League 1. It's not a Justice League without a Lantern. Every major incarnation of the team has had one - Hal to start, Guy in Justice League International, Kyle with the Grant Morrison run, Hal again with the ragtag reboot with Red Arrow, Vixen, and Red Tornado, New 52, New 52 JLA, etc. I sincerely hope that they get one into JL 2 or I'm going to have trouble looking at this two-parter as our Justice League movie that we've been waiting for.

You think so? I'd be more than satisfied with something that had the best parts of Arrow and Gotham. I don't think they could do the Frank Castle Batman from the latest films on network TV, but they're basically doing Batman on Gotham, last time I checked. They just need a costume and a couple fight scenes, and wide open access to the mythos. Certainly a Premium Cable version would be awesome too, but a Batman show that clocks in at Supergirl-level would pretty much make my century.
Well, in my opinion Arrow and Gotham are trash. CW and any primetime network television comes off amateur compared to what's on HBO and AMC. The focus on network tv is usually ratings, safe this and that. Instead of giving writers creative control to have a small amount of episodes or seasons, instead of going on and going, watering it down because the people in charge just want more viewers.

Batman would deserve HBO, Netflix, AMC etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"