Your predictions about comic movies that turned out correct

Kevin Roegele

Do you mind if I don't?
Reaction score
We've wrote millions of words about what we think will be in these movies.....what have you got right, or wrong?

wel whilst watching X3 and BB you could predict what the next line was almost every time, if that counts?

wel whilst watching X3 and BB you could predict what the next line was almost every time, if that counts?

I'm talking more like, back in say 2001, when many predicted that Dr Octopus and venom would be the villains in Spidey 2 and 3 respectively.

i knew venom would be in SM3, the symbiote saga was the next obvious choice, you have origin, coming to grips with power(kinda losing it, then seeing responsibility), then you have the dark symbiote saga, next would prob be something man-spider related

i said from the day i saw the sentinel head falling clip in X3, when fox was soo proud of the FASTBALL SPECIAL that they had to throw it into a clip.... i knew from that day "they are proud of this ****??" , and i said on here and to others that "X3 is going to suck balls".

I knew from day one X3 would be terrible, i also knew BB and SR would be great and both were to me.

Usually when I feel strongly about how something wll turn out..I'm right. Knew the Spider-man films and Batman Begins would be great. Knew X3 would suck.
It's when I can't achieve an accurate feeling about something that I end up stumped. Like I really can't get an accurate read on Ghost Rider at this point so I'm eager to see which way it goes.
As for surprises I have to say, Superman Returns surprised me quite a bit. I had great expectations for that one, and was let down a bit. On the opposite end, I wasn't expecting much from V for Vendetta and I was very pleased.

You have to keep in mind, just because we play on these boards we probably have more insight than the average viewer that doesn't keep up with the production of them like we do.

I always know when comic books movie will suck :D
So, i´m never really surprissed :(

I remember like 6 months in advance i said Superman Returns wasn't gonna make as much money as people saying it would and i was correct.

I predicted SR wouldn't do as well as I thought because of the lack of a superhero/supervillain battle, and the introduction of Superson. I also predicted that SR wouldn't do well because of Singer's fixation on making a loose connection to the Donner film and not using source material available from STAS, the comics, etc.

SR did not do well, and many people I know in the real world have told me, you were right, the film is a dud.

I also predicted that POTC 2 would do better than SR, and it did. I also predicted that DVC would be one of the biggest films of the year, and it was financially.

^I thought SR was great and so does everyone i know, i thought it was much better than POTC 2.

I knew X-Men 3 would make more money than Superman Returns, even though the fans on the boards thought it would do Spiderman numbers.

I predicted Ghost Rider would get 24% fresh on rottentomatoes and I was spot on.

knew x3 would make money, but would be mediocre

knew catwoman would suck and would flop

thats about it

The point of this thread was not, "Claim you were right about predicting which comicbook movies sucked/ruled", but more what directions the movies would take, i.e. FF2 featuring the Silver Surfer was something many believed would happen even before the first was released.

Good thread, Kevin.

If you look back a year or so in the spidey 3 board, I was saying Venom would be in a spidey sequel because he's spidey's most threatening foe after goblin and everyone EVERYONE told me to ****.

I predicted Jason was Superman's son despite Singer's blatent lies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"