Your Pride and Joy? Marvel Version

Amazing Spider-Man. This annual is my favorite, for story, and also because Stan Lee himself signed it for me. (lower left corner)...

NewYorkPics033.jpg

well, um, I do own this one:

MAR_AGE_runaways_1.jpg

But I think this is more what you meant
ABooks1.jpg

My mint condition Amazing Spider-Man #129

I have not one. My Young Avengers run.

X-Men (2nd Series) #1 signed by Chris Claremont

I actually just picked up Black Panther (1976) #1-15, all NM. The series was written and drawn by Jack Kirby.

Fantastic Four #18 (1 Super-Skrull)
FF #30 (1 Diablo)
FF #44 (1 Gorgon)
FF#45 (1 Inhumans)
FF#46 (1 Black Bolt)
FF#49 (1 Galactus)
FF#51 (This Man This Monster)
FF#52 (1 Black Panther)
FF#65 (1 Ronan The Accuser)
Silver Surfer #3 (1 Mephisto)
Journey Into MYstery #114 (1 Absorbing Man)
JIM #116 (1 Destroyer)
Thor #132 (1 Ego)
Thor #137 (1 Ulik)
Thor#148 (1 Wrecker)
Amazing Spider-man #33 and 34
DareDevil #10
IronMan #3

those are just some of my Silver Age stuff, and some of them are just in the list because of the memories from childhood.

Eternals
Origin

The first two are there because well...hey, it's all Neil has ever done for Marvel and he's my favorite storyteller of all time. "Origin" is included because Wolverine is how I found my way to Marvel. They're probably not worth much without the sentimental value.

Who's to say the printing press produces mint copies?

The Incredible Hulk #3
The Amazing Spider-Man #11
The Amazing Spider-Man #14
The Amazing Spider-Man #16
The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1
Daredevil #2
As well as the complete run of Spider-Woman.

I think it's alot harder to assume it does produce mint copies than to assume it doesn't, if we cannot inspect the press ourselves

Kable24's copy of Amazing Spider-Man #129 remains mint until proven otherwise. :o

Because he said so? You might as well use that logic on the bible.

Or here: At this very moment your mother is under my desk in a french maid outfit and doing things that would make a seasoned hooker blush.

It's true because I said so.

Who are you and how did you become a mod?

I'm saying, what's wrong with letting the guy think he's got mint copy of an old Spider-Man book? He clearly cherishes it, so where's this pretenious need to inform him that his comic book isn't as good as he thinks?

Who are you and how did you become a mod?

I'm saying, what's wrong with letting the guy think he's got mint copy of an old Spider-Man book? He clearly cherishes it, so where's this pretenious need to inform him that his comic book isn't as good as he thinks?

Um, you were actually saying something? I thought we were just joking around. Your suggestion that someone actually would have taken a comicbook from the printing presses in 1974 in gloved hands established that pretty well, just as my using a blood relative in a ridiculous sexual situation should have.

Why's it got to be pretentious? If someone walks around thinking they're Napoleon I should let them because it makes them happy? Sure, I might come to that conclusion after "a very special episode of..." but my first instinct is going to be to inform them they are not. Not rudely, just point it out. It's pretentious to point out someone is mistaken? That's a new one to me

As this is a forum for discussing comics, a topic such as the common misuse/misunderstanding of the term "Mint" is not out of place to come up.

I didn't say the guy couldn't cherish it, I didn't tell him "your book is crap", I just made a comment about the misuse of the term "mint"

A Mint comic is something that really only a qualified grader can assess, someone who's worked with high grade comics for years, and will slap a seal of approval on a book. CGC grades books at mint at 9.9 and 10.0, and there's not a single copy of ASM 129 in their census in either grade.

So lighten up, PJ. I gots no bones to grind wich you

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"