Your Pride and Joy? Marvel Version

E doesn't need me defending him, but just look at the thread and look at who started this little spat.

The thread is about your "Pride and Joy". That means the comic book you're most proud of. What kind of a sorry little **** does it take to come in and crap on someone's "pride and joy"? That's just sad.

In another thread, he listed his favorite writers. A lot of them were lesser known, but in no way untalented. One of them in particular was a writer (Colleen Coover) I had never heard of. After complimenting him on his list, and commenting about how I wasn't familiar with Coover's work, he repsonds by laughing because I'm unfamiliar with Coover.

Pretentious ass.

Sounds to me like you caught feelings.

And he was probably laughing because Colleen Coover writes erotic lesbian comic books, well last time I checked.

A Mint comic is something that really only a qualified grader can assess, someone who's worked with high grade comics for years, and whill slap a seal of approval on a book. CGC grades books at mint at 9.9 and 10.0, and there's not a single copy of ASM 129 in their census in either grade.

You and I and most everyone on these boards knows this. I see nothing wrong with letting a collector think what he wants to think. It doesn't do any harm. Chances are, the discussion would've continued past the first page without anyone quoting his post and we would have all left a happy collector to his Near Mint copy of Amazing Spider-Man #129.

That's all I'm saying.

Sounds to me like you caught feelings.

And he was probably laughing because Colleen Coover writes erotic lesbian comic books, well last time I checked.

"Caught feelings"?

I'm just pointing out that Elijah likes to point out is "superior" intellect a lot on these boards. There's ways of doing it that can actually lead to discussion (Dread), and there are Elijah's ways, which come off as pretentious musings.

The thread is about your "Pride and Joy". That means the comic book you're most proud of. What kind of a sorry little **** does it take to come in and crap on someone's "pride and joy"? That's just sad.

In another thread, he listed his favorite writers. A lot of them were lesser known, but in no way untalented. One of them in particular was a writer (Colleen Coover) I had never heard of. After complimenting him on his list, and commenting about how I wasn't familiar with Coover's work, he repsonds by laughing because I'm unfamiliar with Coover.

Pretentious ass.

That's not at all what I was doing, I was laughing because Coover was put on my list as a joke, no one has heard of her. It sounds to me like you're just trying to feel the victim.

PJ, I've taken a look at your history, and you're lucky you weren't banned WITH Horrorfan after your constant spats with him. Are you just drawn to needing a fight? I'd always thought you were a good poster from my other exposure to you, but you're making me rethink that.

You and I and most everyone on these boards knows this. I see nothing wrong with letting a collector think what he wants to think. It doesn't do any harm. Chances are, the discussion would've continued past the first page without anyone quoting his post and we would have all left a happy collector to his Near Mint copy of Amazing Spider-Man #129.

That's all I'm saying.

Or the thread could have continued with no one quoting my post, but you choose to.

And no, not everyone knows that.

You're acting like I destroyed Kable's happy little world where everything was perfect and he had a mint copy of ASm129, until I shattered his beautiful fantasy like Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore by doing the oh-so-terrible thing of pointing out a technicality. Kable hasn't even commented, ever occured to you that he couldn't care less?

Not exclusively, she also did a really cute mini called Banana Sunday

That's not at all what I was doing, I was laughing because Coover was put on my list as a joke, no one has heard of her. It sounds to me like you're just trying to feel the victim.

PJ, I've taken a look at your history, and you're lucky you weren't banned WITH Horrorfan after your constant spats with him. Are you just drawn to needing a fight? I'd always thought you were a good poster from my other exposure to you, but you're making me rething that.

Well, thanks for the compliment.

I'm not drawn to needing a fight. I'm just disgruntled, I think. This board used to florish with lively debate and discussion. Now, it seems like it's devolving into a mess of "Hulk vs. ____" threads.

And if it's not that, than it's posts filled with pretention that do nothing than to cause adversity. I do respect and thank you for the explaination of the posts I refered to. I understand it might not be your intention to belittle or anything, but sometimes it sure comes off that way.

And in regards to Horrorfan...I'm actually sad to see him go. He was banned like 15 minutes after he basically admitted to having baseless opinions. He was starting to come around, and might've turned out to be a decent poster. And my "constant spats" with him were me responding to his harassing, EVERY time, except for the last time which I'm sure played a big part in his banning.

I don't want to see people banned (well...maybe one or two), and I don't want people to leave the boards. This a great little community to pass the time at work. It just frustrates me to see it burdened with fights and the like. I'm going to start doing my part to lessen that, I think.

We can restore it's shine, dammit!

389-1.jpg

This is the book that made me the hulk fan I am today,my first hulk comic book,i got it at waldens.I still have it,magled and framed after constant reads.I have yet to find a graded copy though.Its a good book to,i love that hulk design.

Badmouthing Eli?????Wtf?

Eli can make comments like that because he knows his s***.Plus,he's anything BUT a pretentious snob.

Badmouthing Eli?????Wtf?

Eli can make comments like that because he knows his s***.Plus,he's anything BUT a pretentious snob.

Eli's a good kid and a decent mod, I'll give you that, but he has a difficult time "expressing" himself.

Eli & I have fought on more than one occasion in the past on subjects very similar to what is happening here... Eli makes a comment, it's misconstrued as being "he's superior" and/or gives the reader a feeling that "he's better than me because he has a friend who runs a comic shop" or even a "lookit all the cool vintage comics I have... that makes my comic book knowledge far superior than yours". I KNOW that it's not Eli's intent to make the reader feel that way... we've pm'ed each other many times over these kinds of fights/debates and I think he knows that he has "problems" accurately expressing himself without trying to knock a user down. He's told me he appreciates the feedback and that he "tries" to work on it.

And you're absolutely right about one thing... I doubt very much that Eli is "a pretentious snob"... but at times, when he says one thing yet means another, he can come off as one. Obviously, it's not my imagination because someone else pointed it out.

And just because sombody "knows his s***" doesn't give them the right to make those types of comments. Personally, I know more crap about comics than Eli does, and that's simply from experimenting AND experience. I have worked in a comic shop for 15 years of my life including managing one for 4 years, which included going over the Previews' book month after month after month... and I've been reading comics weekly for nearly 33 years. But that doesn't give me the right to belittle others and I would expect the same behavior any other user... expecially a mod.

And thankfully, I think Eli tries really hard to not be that way, and I believe it's not his intent when he does.

The bottom line is that we all enjoy/love comics for whatever joys they give us as individuals.

So whatever comic book "credentials" someone may have mean very little to somebody else.

Just my two cents on the subject.

Cheers...

:yay:

And for the record, my Marvel pride & joy is my complete runs of all Spider-Man comics, including Amazing, Spectacular, Marvel Team-Up, Web of, etc...

The only thing missing is an Amazing Fantasy #15. :csad:

Eli's a good kid and a decent mod, I'll give you that, but he has a difficult time "expressing" himself.

Eli & I have fought on more than one occasion in the past on subjects very similar to what is happening here... Eli makes a comment, it's misconstrued as being "he's superior" and/or gives the reader a feeling that "he's better than me because he has a friend who runs a comic shop" or even a "lookit all the cool vintage comics I have... that makes my comic book knowledge far superior than yours". I KNOW that it's not Eli's intent to make the reader feel that way... we've pm'ed each other many times over these kinds of fights/debates and I think he knows that he has "problems" accurately expressing himself without trying to knock a user down. He's told me he appreciates the feedback and that he "tries" to work on it.

And you're absolutely right about one thing... I doubt very much that Eli is "a pretentious snob"... but at times, when he says one thing yet means another, he can come off as one. Obviously, it's not my imagination because someone else pointed it out.

And just because "knows his s***" doesn't give them the right to make those types of comments. Personally, I know more crap about comics than Eli does, I have worked in a comic shop for 15 years of my life including managing one for 4 years. I've been reading comics weekly for nearly 33 years. But that doesn't give me the right to belittle others and I would expect the same behavior any other use... expecially a mod.

Thankfully, I think Eli tries really hard to not be that way.

Just my two cents on the subject.

Cheers...

Well, i hope i didnt come off as a snob by posting a pic of ASM Annual #1...i just wanted to share a bit, and spread some Stan Lee greatness around.

i guess my pride and joy would be some of my Jim Lee x-men comics.
I'm a bit ashamed to have an X book but what can you do?

That's when the X-Men were at their prime, too. Screw John Byrne and his inflated ego. I want Jim Lee, Joe Mad and Scott Lobdell on the X-Men books. Hell, I'd even give Andy Kubert a title for nostalgia's sake.

Now, dammit!

That's when the X-Men were at their prime, too. Screw John Byrne and his inflated ego. I want Jim Lee, Joe Mad and Scott Lobdell on the X-Men books. Hell, I'd even give Andy Kubert a title for nostalgia's sake.

Now, dammit!

PhotoJones i wish you had a job at marvel.:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"