The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Your TASM2 teaser trailer ideas!

Spider-Ranger

aka Goran
Reaction score
I'd like to read your guys' ideas for the teaser trailer to "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", which we'll probably get in July around the SDCC.

This shall be the place to gather them! :)
Feel free to post your rough/detailed outline.

I don't have any particular idea myself. But like I've posted in the official discussion thread, I think the untold story will be a prominent element in the teaser, maybe even showing the plane crash that was filmed early on in the production. And of course we'll get our first peek at Electro. However I believe Rhino won't be featured.

I believe they will do just like what they did with first trailer

[YT]upwf8RsyNqQ[/YT]

First shot of his parents plane crash, Second will be Peter's life as Spiderman post TASM,His relationship with Gwen,Him meeting Harry and MJ,Norman in Oscorp, Max voice over and appearance followed by 3D shot of Spiderman climbing or swinging pose.

Yeah it's probably best not to expect much from a teaser, alot of effects won't be finished and some characters won't appear in the teaser like possibly Norman or Mary Jane, and electro may not appear at all

I say Norman and Mary Jane may not appear in the teaser because a teaser doesn't normally show every character in the film, the official trailer maybe but not teasers normally and electro might need more time that a teaser can't fill

Scene of the parents boarding the plane
black screen:
did you tell the boy the truth about his parents?
Scene of the plane crashing
*no
Columbia logo
Peter at school with Gwen probably ,hears the news and then he goes to a quick suit up
fade to black
then we see the scene of "You are my eyes and ears"
bunch of scenes explaining Max´s backstory
and some of Peter with Harry and MJ
and finally the scene where the accident happens(obviously really fast)
we hear a scream
cuts to the logo

Repost from the General Discussion Thread.

I think the teaser will highlight the plot points mentioned in the first synopsis. So we'll get some shots of Harry, probably the scene where he and Peter "first" meet, some shots of Peter and Gwen with a mentioning of the promise.

We'll also get shots of Max in his apartment and his wall of Spidey pics (essentially the first pic of him) and maybe a shot of his accident and him in times square, post transformation.

As for any action and shots of the suit, we'll probably get a random, non cg shot of the suit and we'll probably gets shots of the chase sequence being filmed this week and next week, as well as a look at the mysterious plane sequence which was the first thing they filmed.

Besides that, we will likely get a few quick shots of MJ and maybe Aleksei, and maybe Feore and Jones's characters (depends on how much they want under wraps to start out). And maybe, MAYBE, after all that, a shot of dying Norman w/ perhaps a voice over regarding Peter's parents.

^^^^^ This may seem like alot but mind you it would all be a couple seconds each, at most, in what will likely be a 2 to 2-1/2 minute trailer.

I'd like to see a trailer with villains wrecking **** in slow motion, with triumphant, but melancholy music in the background with some narration about responsibility and sacrifice. No Spidey in the first trailer.

"The hero isn't the one who beats up the bad guys, the hero is the one who makes tough decisions. The hero isn't the one who everyone adores unconditionally, the hero is the one who everyone hates for doing the right thing. The hero isn't the one who lives an easy life, the hero is the one who knows sacrifice well. The hero isn't the one with great power, the hero is the one with great responsibility."

Something like that.

Last edited:
Scene of the parents boarding the plane
black screen:
did you tell the boy the truth about his parents?
Scene of the plane crashing
*no
Columbia logo

Peter at school with Gwen probably ,hears the news and then he goes to a quick suit up
fade to black
then we see the scene of "You are my eyes and ears"
bunch of scenes explaining Max´s backstory
and some of Peter with Harry and MJ
and finally the scene where the accident happens(obviously really fast)
we hear a scream
cuts to the logo

that part gave me the chills, nice :up:

Even though it's highly unlikely, I'd love to see a glimpse of MJ! They really need to show her, in order to calm down fanboys ;) May it be in the teaser or in an official still from the movie.

I'd like it to have a dance sequence featuring Max set to "I'm Blue (Da Ba Dee)" including a plug at the end for Smurfs 2.

I really hope they don't reveal too much like they did in the first one.

I really hope they don't reveal too much like they did in the first one.

This. Very much this.

Just a little advice: don't show the ending of a film in the trailer, and don't show the mid-credits scene. :doh:

I don't think it's way to impossible to see an opportunity for a teaser trailer to hit with Man of Steel. ASM2 has been filming long enough, and there will be under a year to the premier by that point. Superman had its teaser out a whole year in advance as well. And this will be later than that.

TDKR has more of a chance of being in the MCU than TASM 2 has a chance of its trailer being attached to MoS.

Okay new idea:

Marvel logo.

Peter's voice over: I'm Peter Parker...

Quick shot of Spidey swinging.

Peter: I build cool stuff...got a great girl...and sometimes save the world...

shot of Peter in bed sweating.

Peter: but why can't I sleep?

Then big reveal shot of Rhino running naked through the streets of Brooklyn screaming curse words.

Cut to black.

Norman Osborn voice over: You're the answer to "Are we alone in the universe..."
Harry voice over: "Why can't I just be your son?"

shot of Electro flipping off a group of cops. Electricity shoots from his middle finger, scorching them alive.

Cut to black.

Norman voiceover: "But Peter is my son."

cut to shot of Peter and Gwen making out publicly.

Peter webs her mouth shut suddenly and gets angry. He walks away crying.

A Linkin Park medley plays.

Quick shot of Peter cutting himself in his bathroom wearing a Linkin Park shirt.

Aunt May is knocking but he won't answer. He can't hear her over the Linkin Park.

Vulture voiceover: "Birds of a feather..."

quick shot of Gwen's dead body atop the bridge.

Vulture: "....F*** together."

Quick shot of Hurley from Lost running scared through the Bronx. Carnage is chasing him in slow motion.

Voiceover: Sometimes a man must learn...

Quick shot of Uncle Ben's grave.

voice over: "That love is a lie."

quick shot of Peter in school with a bandaged arm from his cutting. A concerned teacher asks him if he's okay but he has headphones in and can't hear her over the Linkin Park.

voiceover of Paul Giamatti: "Theres a storm coming Mr Parker..."

shot of a sumo wrestler picking out jewelry at a store for his wife. He realizes they dont have any pearl rings so he begins to cry. (This scene will be cut from the final fim due to it not having anything to do with the central plot)

Giamatti: "And when it hits, you're gonna wish ya weren't a f***in' spider."

Shot of a soccer game. The groudn explodes from under the players. One player survives and looks behind himself at the wreckage.

Voice over of J.Jonah Jameson (actor unknown): "When Spiderman is....ashes..."

quick shot of Green Goblin 's mask floating in a toilet full of blood.

Jameson: "...then you have my permission to get a raise."

Title is shown.

Lenny Kravitz' "Ive Got to Get Away" plays.

cut to black.

quick shot of Harry with a symbiote ooze crawling up his arm.

Harry: "What the f*** is this f***ing s***?"

cut to black.

We hear Scorpion's laugh.

coming 2014.

Linkin Park plays.

cut to black. silence.

Linkin Park plays.

silence.

quick shot of Larry King.

Linkin Park plays.

silence.
cut to black.

Linkin Park plays.

Beat that teaser folks.

Last edited:
Okay new idea:

Marvel logo.

Peter's voice over: I'm Peter Parker...

Quick shot of Spidey swinging.

Peter: I build cool stuff...got a great girl...and sometimes save the world...

shot of Peter in bed sweating.

Peter: but why can't I sleep?

Then big reveal shot of Rhino running naked through the streets of Brooklyn screaming curse words.

Cut to black.

Norman Osborn voice over: You're the answer to "Are we alone in the universe..."
Harry voice over: "Why can't I just be your son?"

shot of Electro flipping off a group of cops. Electricity shoots from his middle finger, scorching them alive.

Cut to black.

Norman voiceover: "But Peter is my son."

cut to shot of Peter and Gwen making out publicly.

Peter webs her mouth shut suddenly and gets angry. He walks away crying.

A Linkin Park medley plays.

Quick shot of Peter cutting himself in his bathroom wearing a Linkin Park shirt.

Aunt May is knocking but he won't answer. He can't hear her over the Linkin Park.

Vulture voiceover: "Birds of a feather..."

quick shot of Gwen's dead body atop the bridge.

Vulture: "....F*** together."

Quick shot of Hurley from Lost running scared through the Bronx. Carnage is chasing him in slow motion.

Voiceover: Sometimes a man must learn...

Quick shot of Uncle Ben's grave.

voice over: "That love is a lie."

quick shot of Peter in school with a bandaged arm from his cutting. A concerned teacher asks him if he's okay but he has headphones in and can't hear her over the Linkin Park.

voiceover of Paul Giamatti: "Theres a storm coming Mr Parker..."

shot of a sumo wrestler picking out jewelry at a store for his wife. He realizes they dont have any pearl rings so he begins to cry. (This scene will be cut from the final fim due to it not having anything to do with the central plot)

Giamatti: "And when it hits, you're gonna wish ya weren't a f***in' spider."

Shot of a soccer game. The groudn explodes from under the players. One player survives and looks behind himself at the wreckage.

Voice over of J.Jonah Jameson (actor unknown): "When Spiderman is....ashes..."

quick shot of Green Goblin 's mask floating in a toilet full of blood.

Jameson: "...then you have my permission to get a raise."

Title is shown.

Lenny Kravitz' "Ive Got to Get Away" plays.

cut to black.

quick shot of Harry with a symbiote ooze crawling up his arm.

Harry: "What the f*** is this f***ing s***?"

cut to black.

We hear Scorpion's laugh.

coming 2014.

Linkin Park plays.

cut to black. silence.

Linkin Park plays.

silence.

quick shot of Larry King.

Linkin Park plays.

silence.
cut to black.

Linkin Park plays.

Beat that teaser folks.

:applaud :funny:

Last edited:
haha spuzz

lol.gif

The first part of it was actually intriguing for a legit trailer, but then it got funny. Well done.

The first part of it was basically the IM3 trailer. So you were right... from a certain POV.

I want something like the Spider-Man 2 teaser trailer.

[YT]omRk6qJf6aM[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"