Your thoughts on friends dating your family members

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
A guy I went to Purdue with recently got in touch with my sister via Facebook, and apparently they have gone out a couple times. Granted, I know him, but back when we used to hang out, we would talk about chicks, and...what we would do with said chicks. :dry: It's a little unsettling, but they're both grown, so that's how it is. I still plan on getting in touch with him just to say...what's up, though. :cmad:

If I had siblings that were young/old enough for my friends to date. I'd be pretty welcoming. I trust my friends, because I'm careful with who I become friends with. I tend to stay away from people I wouldn't trust. Therefore I would not worry about my friends dating a family member.

My brother is 11 years younger then me, and my sister is 5 years younger then me.

If ANY of my friends dated them, we'd have a serious problem

Terry what is your sister's e-mail?

A bunch of my buddies thought that the sister of one of them and I had something going but we were always just friends. Actually, my buddy treated his sister like crap and none of the other did anything about it, so I would tell her to ignore him as we would be leaving. He used to bug me about when I would get a gf and I always asked what his sis was doing.

Actually, I talk to her more these days than I do to him.

A guy I went to Purdue with recently got in touch with my sister via Facebook, and apparently they have gone out a couple times. Granted, I know him, but back when we used to hang out, we would talk about chicks, and...what we would do with said chicks. :dry: It's a little unsettling, but they're both grown, so that's how it is. I still plan on getting in touch with him just to say...what's up, though. :cmad:

The crappy thing is, what if there is a messy break up in this relationship? You could lose a friend out of it. Granted, it seems to me that you weren't really that good friends to begin with, but if it was a best friend?

when i was in high school, one of my best friends' cousins came from out of state to visit. He told all of us that she was hands off. When she got here, we all had a party and she and I hit it off pretty well. Being the good friend that I am, I tried to keep my distance when we started to get drunk....long story short, my friend caught her giving me a bj in his room...

my response when he got mad? "you said she was hands off!"

ahhh...my finest moment.

My sister is 12 (I'm 16) so I'd be PISSED if she was dating one of my buddies. And on another note, in 1-2 years she will become well, a teenage girl. I fear this

My sister is about 6 years younger than most of my mates.. so it would feel a bit wierd. But if it was with one of my sensible, decent friends then she is old enough to make her own decisions so I would deal with it. But none of my mates really know her or anything so I've never had to worry about this.

when i was in high school, one of my best friends' cousins came from out of state to visit. He told all of us that she was hands off. When she got here, we all had a party and she and I hit it off pretty well. Being the good friend that I am, I tried to keep my distance when we started to get drunk....long story short, my friend caught her giving me a bj in his room...

ahhh...my finest moment.

highfive.jpg

Last edited:

To be honest, I don't envy you. This kind of situation is tricky. If things don't end well between them, you are in a emotionally complex situation.

tNot really. He's just some dude he went to school with. Not like he was his best friend or anything.

I'm just waiting for somebody to bust out the "My childhood friend is banging my mom! :barf:"

ahhh...my finest moment.

Awesome. :yay:

Depends on the friend and the family member.

I don't have a problem with it. I was friends with my wife's brother before we got together. So I say it works out pretty well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"