Used to be Best Friends?

My best friend growing up was one of my cousins. We did actually grow apart. We still talk about once a month but it's not like it used to be. We just kinda went our separated ways.

I was friends with this dude, and he was on my X-Box Live friend's list but then he became too good to have me on his list and he deleted me. :(

I'll write a longer tale later, but basicly, was friends with someone for the last 3 years of High School, until he became an ass due to drugs and whatnot.

I gave this kid a ton of money, because I felt kinda sorry for him. He never had any cash to buy food, so i'd always spot him. Never payed me back, nor did I care....

Anyway, the other day he expected me to buy him food, and when I refused, He left. So.....yeah. Theres more as well....but thats the thing that really got me. Seems he was just using me for money.

I'll write a longer tale later, but basicly, was friends with someone for the last 3 years of High School, until he became an ass due to drugs and whatnot.
Wow...I'd hate to lose a friend because of drugs. Sorry, man. :csad:

I had this dude on my xbox friends list that I added because I thought he would be cool to play with but then he never played with me so I deleted him.

I had this dude on my xbox friends list that I added because I thought he would be cool to play with but then he never played with me so I deleted him.

You're the monster. :cmad:

Actually, I hate it when people add me, then never come on.

He was on, he just kept declining all of my invites:o

His name backwards is EINAEM.

Some of these stories are really sad, and I'm glad that mine isn't as bad. My best friend throughout grade school and middle school was invited to a party that I wasn't. I later found out from a mutual friend that some girls at that party were talking about me and instead of defending me (like I always did when people talked about her) she started gossiping about me too!

I was really upset. But luckily, I met my new best friend the following school year so it wasn't too bad.

Some of these stories are really sad, and I'm glad that mine isn't as bad. My best friend throughout grade school and middle school was invited to a party that I wasn't. I later found out from a mutual friend that some girls at that party were talking about me and instead of defending me (like I always did when people talked about her) she started gossiping about me too!

I was really upset. But luckily, I met my new best friend the following school year so it wasn't too bad.

is it a toy, and did the box say "rabbit"

I gave this kid a ton of money, because I felt kinda sorry for him. He never had any cash to buy food, so i'd always spot him. Never payed me back, nor did I care....

Anyway, the other day he expected me to buy him food, and when I refused, He left. So.....yeah. Theres more as well....but thats the thing that really got me. Seems he was just using me for money.

Same kind of thing happened to me.....I suddenly became "boring" because I wouldn't smoke weed with him.

How does that work?

I used to have a best friend. My birthday was January 7th and his was March 7th. Same year. We literally grew up together. Closest I ever had to an actual brother. In 2001 he was hit and killed by a drunk driver.

Good chance you're playing the, "I'm embarrassed, I hope it fixes itself," play.

Man up, and go over and talk to her or something. Honestly, like Drak said, if sex was the biggest thing you guys had going for each other that broke the back of your friendship. Either the friendship sucked, she sucked as a friend, you sucked as a friend, or you both suck as friends.

What happened between us was kind of "the straw that broke the camel's back" deal. It wasn't an isolated incident that now makes things awkward, it's just a list of things, and I don't have any intention of trying to make amends, because, you're right--she wasn't a good friend. It's just the little things, and then I started seeing them in myself, which wasn't good, so we started to drift.

After our little "fling" (hate that term), I just realized that by continuing that, I wasn't being honest with her. I probably am being a whimp by not really confronting her, but, in my mind, I have my closure. She hasn't said or done anything since then that tells me otherwise, so I think she has too.

I've got other great friends and a new list of best friends, so we'll both do just fine.

What happened between us was kind of "the straw that broke the camel's back" deal. It wasn't an isolated incident that now makes things awkward, it's just a list of things, and I don't have any intention of trying to make amends, because, you're right--she wasn't a good friend. It's just the little things, and then I started seeing them in myself, which wasn't good, so we started to drift.

After our little "fling" (hate that term), I just realized that by continuing that, I wasn't being honest with her. I probably am being a whimp by not really confronting her, but, in my mind, I have my closure. She hasn't said or done anything since then that tells me otherwise, so I think she has too.

I've got other great friends and a new list of best friends, so we'll both do just fine.

It's your call in the end, but if you ever needed that kind of closure, don't be afraid to hero up and get it.

Yeah, if you're fine with it, and don't really care if you reconnect or not, then you can just let it go. Friends drift apart all the time.

But if you wanna salvage a friendship, then you should really just do something about it.

My best friends girlfriend made him ditch all his friends including me and then she messed up his family by pulling the old its me or them routine.

He had some mental breakdown thing too.

My brother and I were close growing up. He's 4 years older than me. As adults, I moved my family down to Florida to be closer to him. In recent years, he started getting into money trouble but it was due to his spending way beyond his means and his wife not working (by choice). Finally, he came to me for money. I helped him out as best I could but refused to bail him out of his huge credit card debt (even though I actually could afford it). He needed to change his ways and his wife needed to get a job. I told him all that as nicely as I could. He told me to get out of his life. We haven't spoken in just over 4 years now. It kills my poor mom and my young neices don't know me anymore. That's life, I guess.

My best friends girlfriend made him ditch all his friends including me and then she messed up his family by pulling the old its me or them routine.

He had some mental breakdown thing too.

I had a friend like that. We got him back though, when we revealed to him that his missus was a cheating slag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"