Your Top 10 episodes of television EVER...

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Title pretty much explains it. What do you think are the best written, directed and acted hours of television ever?

Battlestar Galactica "Lay Down Your Burdens" (The acting is top notch. The music was great. The cliffhanger was awesome. Basically, it was the perfect finale.)

Heroes "Company Man" (Jack Coleman and Hayden Panetierre both deserve Emmy's.)

Arrested Development "S.O.B's" (Funniest episode of TV ever on the funniest series ever.)

Angel "Not Fade Away" (Regaurdless of what anyone says, it was the perfect end to the series.)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer "The Body" (This episode didn't need any demons or vampires to make it exciting.)

One Tree Hill "With tired eyes, tired minds, tired sould, we slept" (The show gets alot of crap it doesnt deserve, but this episode was perfect.)

Lost "Through the Looking Glass" (The biggest twist ever. I loved every minute of it. All that really doesnt excuse the nine month wait. Whats that about?)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer "Once More, With Feeling" (Most musicals suck. This one didnt.)

Lost "The Brig" (Awesome. Just Awesome. Josh Holloway and Terry O'Quinn also deserve Emmys.)

Veronica Mars "Donut Run" (A fun episode that had a great mystery to it.)

Anyway, those are mine. There not in order, by the way.

I'm not sure about my top ten. But I know for a fact that "Farewell, Mr. Hooper" is one of them. Children's Television's finest hour.

wow toughie, but "The Blue Comet" from The Sopranos and "The Bizarro Jerry" from Seinfeld would be two of them I think

Heroes "Company Man" (Jack Coleman and Hayden Panetierre both deserve Emmy's.)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer "The Body" (This episode didn't need any demons or vampires to make it exciting.)

Fine choices.:up:

Veronica Mars "Donut Run" (A fun episode that had a great mystery to it.)
It was pretty cool.

My personal top ten would be, in no particular order:

Alias - Phase One (where SD-6 is dismantled) - Completely changes the game in one episode

Alias - The Telling (Season 2 finale) - Great episode, incredibly fight scene between Sid and evil Francie and the best twist ending ever, too bad they dropped the ball in season 3

24 - Day One 11pm-12am - Great ending to the first season and one of the most shocking season finale's ever

Buffy - The Body - Can't watch this episode without shedding at least a tear or two

Buffy - Once More, With Feeling - I hate musicals, but this was a great episode, gimmicky, but also advances the seson long plot

Buffy - Hush - Again a gimmick episode that advances the season plot

Scrubs - My Screwup (when Brendan Fraser character dies) - One of those great episodes that is very funny, but then kicks your ass with drama when you least expect it

Heroes - Five Years Gone - Really cool episode, just wish we got to see more of Sylar vs. Peter

Lost - The Long Con - Always been a fan of Sawyer and this was just the perfect episode.

Arrested Development - SOBs - Just love how they use all the cliche ratings boosters.

Futurama: Jurassic Bark. It makes me cry every time.

Xena: Been There, Done That. It's like Groundhogs Day, set in ancient Greece. It makes me laugh every time I watch it.

Battlestar Galactica: Exodus Part 2. It has the the most "HOLY S***!" moments of any episode of any TV show.

Angel: The Girl in Question. Nothing better than Angel and Spike in Italy looking for Buffy.

Family Guy: Da Boom. "Show me potato salad!"

JLU: The Greatest Story Never Told: C'mon! It's Booster Gold.

The Venture Bros.: 20 Years to Midnight. A crazy Johnny Quest, Fantastic Four knockoffs, and a villain with a speakerbox for a mouth make this episode hilarious.

Boy Meets World: And in Case I Don't See Ya. It's a Truman Show like episode, but funnier and more zany.

ER: Hell and High Water. It's the episode that made ER great.

Band of Brothers: Bastogne or Carentan. I like them both, and I can't decide. They both have tragic endings that make you feel for the episode's main characters.

all your choices are from the last 10 years, what about the other 40 or 50 years of fine television?

the six million dollar man the two part secret of bigfoot

all your choices are from the last 10 years, what about the other 40 or 50 years of fine television?

Who, me? I dont know. There arent very many old shows that I find watchable. There are some: MASH, Star Trek, Happy Days, The Addams Family, Twilight Zone. I just find television from the past 20 years to be more exciting and cinematic.

ER: The episode where we see Dr. Green die.

ER's death of Dr. Green.
Scrubs's death of Brenden Fraiser.
Scrubs's episode where Dr. Cox ends up killing 3 patients cause the crazy chick had rabies.
Angel's season finale
Arrested Development's pilot.
ST:TNG's episode cliffhanger "I am Laqutis of Borg -- Resistance is Futile"
House's Euphoria 1 and 2.

Top of my head list, but seriously most of those are some of the best episodes of T shows I've ever seen.

Spooks - "I Spy Apocalypse", "Smoke and Mirrors", and "Diana"

The kind of stuff that transcends just watching a show; you're completely absorbed by what's going on the screen.

well, in the top of my ranking is Lost "Through the Looking Glass", that's for sure.

The "Alias" Season 2 finale

The "CSI" 90-minute finale directed by Quentin Tarantino (better than his last movie!)

The "Lost" Season 2 2-hour finale

The "Lost" Season 3 2-hour finale

There's an episode of "The Shield" that for sure qualifies, I just don't know which one. Maybe the one where they rob the money train, or the episode where Dutch finally bags this notorious child-molesting serial killer/rapist.

I've always watched "24", "Buffy", and "Angel" on DVD so I don't know if I can count any of them??

There's this episode of "MacGuyver" where a group of hunters go on a trip (with Mac) and one of them is systematically trying to kill everyone off. I've seen it 4 or 5 times over the years, and it gets me every time!

The first episode of "Smallville" where Christopher Reeves guest-starred, that was something special. That was back before the show turned its characters to crap.

NYPD Blue - There are SEVERAL I could name. This was one show that could get my eyes watering fast & often! The episode where Jimmy Smitts character died. :wow: Dennis Franz in any scene, just WOW!

The X-Files - The one with the monster in the sewer...I don't know. :(

Maybe that "Melrose Place" season finale where the girl went in the bathroom after nailing that dude, and pulled her "whig" off to reveal a huge psycho scar on the side of her head!!? :wow: :o

Star Trek: TNG: The Inner Light

The Shield: Don't know the name of the episode, but it's the one where Lem dies.

The New BSG episode where the Galactica comes back to New Caprica to and jumps right into the planet's atmosphere. Amazing from beginning to end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"