The Amazing Spider-Man Your trilogy...

SpiderMan'sBoot

Civilian
Reaction score
I see a lot of mixed reception for ASM on here, some love it, some love finding fault with it...

Got me thinking if you were in charge of the trilogy, your origin story, 3 movies - how would you work them?

My origin story will be basically the same as TASM for the first hour,but I would have Kingpin + Shocker as my villians

Uncle Ben dies,and Peter goes for revenge spree and his search for the Tattoo guy leads him deeper and deeper into the underworld,he learns about responsiblility slowly and decides to end organised crime so no one could face the same faith as Uncle Ben did.

Shocker would be Kingpin's hitman(Like Bullseye in Daredevil),he will be a thug who steals equipment from OsCorp,Kingpin would need no backstory,he is the Don of crime who poses as a Wealthy Philantropist in public

In the end Spidey ends The Kingpin's reign and finds the truth about his parents(How they were killed by Osborn) he exposes Norman Osborn's shady experiments with the help of crime reporter Ben Urich from the Daily Bugle,Norman Osborn is jailed and OsCorp is closed down.Cap Stacy dies in the final gunfight

In the end we get a scene from Norman's jail cell where he swears revenge on Spider-man for ending his life's work(In a way that would send chills down the spine)

I would throw in plenty of Easter Eggs,Dr Connors would still be Richard Parker's old partner,Richard's Parker final experiment would be working for a cure for Cancer(hinting on Venom),I would make Peter Parker financially strained and him asking for a job at Daily Bugle but Jameson turning him down due to him being underage(And here he would meet Ben Urich),maybe show Dr Octopus's arms at display when Peter is snooping around at OsCorp

Last edited:
First off I don't want it to be a trilogy. 2 trilogies maybe. But more than 3 films definitely.

Film one:
I'm almost completely fine with how the first film progressed. I mean, I doubt I could think of anything a hell of a lot better. But I would definitely change a couple minor things. Lizard was a great choice for an origin villain. However, the action scenes vs. Lizard would be about a minute longer each. The school fight wouldve traveled outside onto the schoolyard.

They should have kept the Connors sympathy for Ben's death scene. Maybe could have cleaned up a bit of the Ratha nonsense that everyone complains about. And a couple changes to the costume, add a functioning belt and lose the shoes. Lizard would've kept his lab coat.

The biggest thing wouldve been not spoiling the mid credits tease in the ****ING trailer.

But I swear these changes wouldve only bumped this film up from a 9 to a 10.

Film two:
Otherwise I'm completely fine with where the films are headed. Electro is a great choice for a second villain, assuming Green Goblin is seen in film 3. I want to see definite character development for Harry, MJ, Norman, Jameson and the Bugle. I want to see money problems with Aunt May. I want to see the resolution of Ben's killer, I'd even be okay seeing Peter kill the man. I want to see Peter, Gwen, Harry, MJ and Flash graduate high school at the end.

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE GWEN DIE YET. Electro should NOT kill her. Green Goblin should NOT appear yet unless in a very cameo-type scene at the end.

Shailene Woodley and Jamie Foxx weren't my first choices. But I can get over that if they are good. Film 2 has serious potential. But if its very bad it will surely drop the grade I gave ASM. If its very good, maybe raise it who knows?

Film three:
A lot of obvious stuff needs to happen. And some less obvious stuff should imo.

Peter, Harry and Gwen start college.
Green Goblin kills a bunch of people.
Mystery surrounding Goblin's true identity.
Goblin kills Gwen. Likely a bridge type situation.
Peter comes close to killing Osborn. But holds back for two reasons, 1. he learned his lesson from Uncle Bens killer, and 2. Norman knows the truth about his parents.
Oscorp is dismantled. (possibly even tease Otto Octavius)
MJ and Pete have their scene about Gwen's death.

Film four-six:
Peter/MJ explore relationship
Lead into sinister six.

Personally I dont need to see Kingpin or other crime boss scenarios. Leave that to Daredevil and Punisher. I can live without symbiotes though I'd love to see it done well. And my ideal sinister six must include: Doc Ock, Electro, Kraven, Mysterio
And various possibles: (Rhino) (Vulture) (Lizard) (Sandman)

Last edited:
If it were up to me, I'd want a live action tv series, that way Peter Parker can age in real time, and the characters can really be fleshed out properly.

My origin story will be basically the same as TASM for the first hour,but I would have Kingpin + Shocker as my villians

Uncle Ben dies,and Peter goes for revenge spree and his search for the Tattoo guy leads him deeper and deeper into the underworld,he learns about responsiblility slowly and decides to end organised crime so no one could face the same faith as Uncle Ben did.

Shocker would be Kingpin's hitman(Like Bullseye in Daredevil),he will be a thug who steals equipment from OsCorp,Kingpin would need no backstory,he is the Don of crime who poses as a Wealthy Philantropist in public

In the end Spidey ends The Kingpin's reign and finds the truth about his parents(How they were killed by Osborn) he exposes Norman Osborn's shady experiments with the help of crime reporter Ben Urich from the Daily Bugle,Norman Osborn is jailed and OsCorp is closed down.Cap Stacy dies in the final gunfight

In the end we get a scene from Norman's jail cell where he swears revenge on Spider-man for ending his life's work(In a way that would send chills down the spine)

I would throw in plenty of Easter Eggs,Dr Connors would still be Richard Parker's old partner,Richard's Parker final experiment would be working for a cure for Cancer(hinting on Venom),I would make Peter Parker financially strained and him asking for a job at Daily Bugle but Jameson turning him down due to him being underage(And here he would meet Ben Urich),maybe show Dr Octopus's arms at display when Peter is snooping around at OsCorp

Simply Awesome. You should have been the writer

Definitely

Though I would probably ape the whole Ben Rielly's costume.I simply love that costume a lot more than the classic one

Let's see...my trilogy...

Film One - Starts off a year into Spider-Man's career and only show flashbacks of Peter being bitten by a spider(that is genetically enhanced by OZ through OsCorp) and Uncle Ben's death(also showing Peter catching the killer) and Peter Parker is now a senior in high school. Crime is at an all time low and while many faces of the NYPD are skeptic, Captain George Stacy believes that what Spider-Man is doing is good, but he's always trying to find a way to some face time with the hero but to no avail. OsCorp plays somewhat of an important role with the trilogy while the Osborns do as well and there's a side plot of Norman Osborn having had dealings with the mob, led by Tombstone, and during one part of the film Tombstone decides to sabotage an experiment presented by OsCorp that ends up changing a man's live forever, Otto Octavius, who is the main villain of the film. Otto is a simple minded scientist who tries to be the best he can and that always calls for having no life outside of OsCorp and doing whatever Norman asks of him but during that experiment gone wrong, his biggest creation becomes his biggest allies in the form of the four tentacles which he only blames Osborn on and not thinking what really happened goes after Norman Osborn. While Spidey tries to save Osborn and stop Doc Ock, he also has run ins with Tombstone's mob and the man Tombstone called to screw up Otto's experiment, the Chameleon(the minor villain of the film). One pivotal part in the story is of Spider-Man's final confrontation with Chameleon and his handler, Hammerhead, and while he deals with these two for the police to arrest later on, Octavius interrupts a gala hosted by OsCorp and with Spidey no where in sight, Captain Stacy takes the duties in trying to stop Doctor Octopus that becomes futile when Captain Stacy ends up getting badly hurt and before he takes his last breath, he gets his chance to finally meet Spider-Man who's swung in time to tell Stacy things will be okay before Spider-Man sets his attention on Doc Ock who indeed is defeated by the wall crawler. The ending credits shows a doctor telling Norman that Project OZ has been halted as the United States military decided to pass OsCorp's super soldier idea but it is shown that Norman is still testing with OZ and even having an idea that this Spider-Man character received his abilities through OZ. And in another side plot, Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker are already friends with no history of a relationship besides one very bad date and Peter has eyes on only for Mary Jane Watson, who's dating Harry Osborn, Peter's best male friend.

Plus, a major cameo of Curt Connors, who has both arms at the time of the film but loses one while he tried to save some OsCorp board members during that experiment gone wrong; a scientist working at OsCorp.

Film Two - Starts off with Spider-Man quickly stopping some B rated villain, Shocker, right before his high school graduation, which he barely makes in time. But stopping this Shocker character gives Peter some insight that OsCorp is behind some shady dealings with the mob to the point where they are creating tech for criminals to use as Tombstone still has a very strong grip on Norman Osborn, who after learning they were behind Otto's failed experiment, is trying his best to find a way to get back at Tombstone and the mob while Tombstone has called on Chameleon's half-brother, Sergei Kravinoff, to exact vengeance on the man who put Dmitri Smerdyakov in prison. Kraven the Hunter definitely finds enjoyment in tracking Spider-Man down and realizing how strong Spidey is, decides to make this his greatest hunt and so begins a game of cat and mouse, something Peter Parker is barely surviving, something that gets the attention of Peter Parker's mentor, a scientist who worked with Otto Octavius before and during that fateful experiment who is secretly experimenting himself on trying to re-grow his arm that he lost during that same experiment after trying to save some board members. Realizing that Spider-Man doesn't seem to be a match at all against Kraven, Connors decides to finally test his serum and becomes the Lizard, with the mindset of helping Spidey(having no idea Peter Parker is Spider-Man), but the serum gets to him which has him going after Spidey as well. A final meeting between the two has Spider-Man reaching out to Connors to take control of the serum and helping him defeat Kraven, although when accidentally killing Kravinoff, Connors decides to do the right thing and hands himself over to the police after turning back to human(since his family has no part in my story, Curt will be a single man with no children). While trying to find a way to get him and his company out of the mob's pocket and having come down to one final straw after a mugging with some mob members beating Harry Osborn, Norman decides to finally test the OZ serum on himself, believing Spider-Man is a creation from OZ and becoming this insane, pale skinned new Norman Osborn, making his entrance known by only wearing this purple cloak and setting Tombstone's house on fire. Once more, there is a side plot of Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson; the former begins to hate Spider-Man for the death of her father and Mary Jane ends up breaking up with Harry after he keeps her away from his life after his mugging.

Cameos by the Daily Bugle family when Peter tries to get a job but is never accepted to work there until J. Jonah Jameson is met by Aunt May who, in her own way, threatens JJJ if he doesn't give Peter a job. He ends up giving him a job, lol.

Film Three - After killing Tombstone, Norman Osborn realizes that with his new power, he can lead the mob now and donning a goblin-esque suit, calling himself The Green Goblin, he puts his own mark within the underworld, deciding that only a monster can run the mob and so he becomes one metaphorically which begins an intense story of Green Goblin going after Spider-Man, the only one able to take down the mobs who have become even more powerful with using all of OsCorp's inventions. After a head on collision course, Gwen becomes aware that Peter is Spider-Man and so she learns to forgive Peter but before she can, she is kidnapped by Green Goblin after knowing Gwen's discovery and so too he is aware that Peter and Spidey are one in the same, putting Gwen as well as MJ in danger as both are equipped with gliders and sent out in New York City with Spider-Man struggling his best to save both and so he does, but to the extent of major damage to himself who went over his limits to a pleased Green Goblin who beats the holy hell out of Spider-Man with MJ, Gwen and the Daily Bugle family all watching in the streets of NYC, only to be saved by Harry Osborn. And in twisted fashion, is killed by his own father when Harry reveals that he knows that his father is Green Goblin, having found a secret area in his mansion where he stored all of his Green Goblin accessories and equipment, but with Green Goblin letting his guard down with Spidey, Peter takes this chance to finally defeat Norman Osborn who beats him down too much that Norman ends up dying on the streets of NYC, laying parallel to his son, Harry. And back to the side plot of Peter's personal life, he finally gets a chance to tell Mary Jane that he loves her and always have and they decide to go on a date, leaving the audience wondering when he'll ever tell MJ that he's Spider-Man.

Side note, I always had an idea of a superhero dying in the end of a trilogy, but after TDKR, I feel that the idea would only feel cheapened, but if I could get away with it, I'd have Spider-Man and Green Goblin both taking their last breaths while duking it out, leaving Peter's loved ones having to live on while knowing Peter Parker was Spider-Man. Aunt May, the family; Gwen Stacy, the best friend and confidant; Mary Jane Watson, the one girl he loved but never had a chance to tell her. In the version where Spider-Man doesn't die, only Gwen Stacy knows the truth, though.

Last edited:
For the first movie, I'll do what The Incredible Hulk did (and fresh Prince of Bel Air did more than a decade before it), and recap the origin in the opening credits, a mix between the Raimi version and Webb's, and the burglar will be caught of course

Gwen will be his love interest, they meet in college, and he won't tell her
Flash will be Fred, he will join the army cause he was inspired by Spider-Man, then tries to change things for the best. I'll give him a story, something about his family
A Big Man will work in backgrounds

For a lot of plots for the whole series I'll take the Spectacular Spider-Man for inspiration

I've already typed a detailed summary of my TASM 2 and 3 films:

The Web of Spider-Man (AKA TASM 2):

The NYPD and Spider-Man have been trying to suppress gangland violence near some harbours. The gangsters at war are Black Tarantula and Tombstone.

Eddie Brock is an idealistic photojournalist who has gained some renown for exposing corruption within the local governments of small foreign countries. He stumbled onto one of Black Tarantula's human trafficking operations and followed a lead to New York. No one except the Bugle will hire him, as the higher ups are in Black Tarantula's pocket.

Peter Parker does freelance work for the Bugle, providing pictures of Spider-Man and the NYPD's attempts to quell the turf war between Tombstone and Black Tarantula. He also gets a job at OsCorp in an attempt to learn more about his parents.

At the Bugle, Peter and Eddie meet. They like each other and decide to use Peter's connection with OsCorp to help Eddie get inside to figure out the Black Tarantula's relationship to OsCorp. However, Eddie has some reservations about Peter, in spite of his story. He wonders if Peter might not be one of OsCorp's agents, sent to gain his trust then make him disappear.

Dr. Ratha is overseeing the development of a machine meant to refine an old project of OsCorp's, a cure for cancer. A team brought in to wire it up is led by Max Dillon. During the work, a corporate spy from Octavius Industries sabotages the work. In the accident, Max Dillon gains his powers.

In a dark dream, Dillon returns to his childhood and we learn about his overbearing mother. He snaps under her constant dottage, but instead of hitting her, he electrocutes her. The horror of it snaps him back to conciousness. He's in a morgue. Electro frees himself. He then sets out on a vendetta against the social tyrants, whose grip on New York he likens to his overbearing mother.

Working late at OsCorp, Peter sees one of Black Tarantula's lieutenants, Herman Schultz, making a delivery to Ratha: humans from one of the third world countries the Tarantula operated in. The operation is interrupted by Electro, who frees the human cargo and sends Schultz fleeing.

Eddie Brock is sleuthing around the docks when Schultz arrives and begins shouting for his men to mobilize.

Peter suits up and follows Electro to the docks, where Schultz has just arrived and began mobilizing his thugs and hoods. Soon the NYPD arrives and along with Spider-Man engage in a firefight against Electro and the scared hoods. Eddie gets some great pictures and makes off with them.

The next day a weary Peter presents his pictures, which are nowhere near as good as the ones Eddie got. Some of his implicate OsCorp; Peter warns Eddie against directly calling out OsCorp. This makes Eddie slightly angry, so Peter drops the matter.

Norman Osborn calls a meeting of his closest people, including the man who spoke to Connors. He tasks this man, Chameleon, with checking up on their Norweigan facility. The other, Allistair Smythe, is appraised of the progress on their new security system. Smythe reports it is nearing completion.

In a public event, OsCorp presents the NYPD with proto Spider-Slayers to help them combat the threat of Electro. Electro learns of this, and launches an attack on the NYPD headquarters. In the battle, Electro uses his powers to split himself and enter the proto Spider-Slayers, turning them on the NYPD.

Peter is forced to seek out Gwen at Octavius Industries. She left OsCorp after the events of TASM and began studying technical engineering and got an internship at Octavius Industries. With her help, Peter manages to defeat Electro. Since Electro's rampage, the gangland violence between Black Tarantula and Tombstone had died down. Thus he considers persuing a relationship with her.

Eddie returns to his apartment and finds Herman Schultz waiting for him. Schultz roughs Eddie up pretty badly, before abducting him.

In Norway, Chameleon comes upon what appears to be the ruins of an old laboratory in the middle of a snowy wasteland. He enters a section of the lab sequestered from the rest of it. An OsCorp agent there remarks that the Cure has been fairly docile. Chameleon enters the shadows of the ruined facility. Later, at night, he emerges with a cargo vessel containing a writhing black substance.

The Spectacular Spider-Man (AKA TASM 3), Acts I and II

Spider-Man has been working hard after TASM-2 to quell rivalries between individual members of Black Tarantula and Tombstone’s gangs. The violence isn’t as bad as it was in the war during TASM-2. The civilian casualties he’s been seeing have motivated him to become a tad harsher. A desire for a life with Gwen has prompted him to become bolder in his investigations into OsCorp.

At OsCorp, Norman Osborn is personally overseeing tests of the cancer suit. To his delight, the aggression that was intended for cancerous cells has made a more outward manifestation. Human subjects brought in courtesy of Black Tarantula have turned violent. Lots of gory discretion shots to hide what’s happened. Chameleon mentions a treatment for his brother (payment for his services). Norman tells him the endgame is nearing; he just needs Chameleon to carry out one last job.

Chameleon is tasked with infiltrating Toomes Industries and investigating reports of a new drug, gathered Black Tarantula’s lackeys. The drug is one being worked on by Tombstone. Chameleon runs into Spider-Man. Since hooking back up with Gwen, Peter has spent more time watching the streets around Toomes Industries. He’s determined to make their relationship work in spite of Captain Stacey’s wishes. He spots Chameleon-disguised as the crime boss Tombstone—heisting some goods. In the fight Spider-Man loses the Chameleon and the goods he was stealing. The next day, Peter and Gwen are discussing the next steps in their relationship. Gwen suggests that Peter look for a more permanent career than freelance photography. She also mentions the massive hit Toomes Industries took from the heist. Lots of dangerous weapons were stolen. This mortifies Peter. He’s afraid that Tombstone is looking for revenge after the hit his operations took in TASM 2.

Norman Osborn is looking through the gear lifted from Toomes Industries; vibration gauntlets. From Tombstone’s warehouses; a potent hallucinogen that was being worked on by one of Toomes Industries’ lower level employees, Otto Octavius. He glances over at security reports about Spider-Man sightings on OsCorp grounds. He needs to cut his ties to Black Tarantula.

Eddie Brock is locked in an old movie theatre deep in Black Tarantula’s territory. He’s tied with rusted chains to an old chair and a film is rolling. It is very grainy footage that shows leaders of various third-world villages belittling and humiliating their rivals before brutally murdering them. It’s a testament to Eddie’s blind idealism, says Black Tarantula. After the reel ends, a couple of city officials are shown in. To Eddie’s horror, they try to broker a deal with Black Tarantula to keep his thugs off the streets. They fear a power struggle after Electro’s rampage in TASM-2. As Eddie tries to look away, his head is jerked back toward the screen as another grisly film begins.

Norman Osborn goes to a private chamber in OsCorp. Here is a fresco of a Red Cap (mythological goblin) triumphant in the ruins of a castle while knights and peasants clash outside. We learn that Norman thought the devious Red Caps he heard about in his bedtime fables were geniuses. The room includes an elaborate lab set up, as well as the preserved bodies of the room’s architects and immediate family. Norman brings in a sample of the cancer-suit, as well as some of Connor’s serum, and combines the two. He injects a bit of it into one of the bodies. The sentient properties of the cancer-suit somewhat reanimate the body, and its skin hardens over into a natural armor. Norman disposes of the body and turns to the aeronautic body armor Chameleon acquired from Toomes Industries and injects the next body with a concentration containing less of Connors’ serum. The mutation effect is a bit reduced.

Norman turns his attention to the Mindrender drug. He manages to extract a bit of it that would give him control over his mind, to prevent the suit’s aggression from overriding good sense. Norman doses himself. The drug is overpowering at first; he relives his return to the men who’d enslaved his father. He recalls playing them against one another, creating chaos that wiped them out. His father was ungrateful; he viewed his son a possessed monster for taking glee in the bloodshed. Before Norman could stop him, his father committed suicide. The man—to Norman’s disbelief—thought that his spirit would be taken to the Otherworld in the Great Hunt. Disgusted, Norman left to start is corporate empire, OsCorp.

Spider-Man is stealthily dealing with Proto Spider-Slayers set loose to patrol OsCorp grounds afterhours. During his fighting he sees a figure departing OsCorp. Suddenly it stops and circles back around. A stream of dark orange bombs starts the fight between Spider-Man and the Goblin. He gains the upper hand on Spider-Man due to his glider. Spider-Man is incapacitated and Goblin has him locked up in his private chambers in OsCorp. Thanks to the Mindrender drug, the Goblin is able to control the cancer-suit-infected architects and their families. He sets them as guards around Spider-Man.

Goblin finds Herman Schultz and offers him a chance to rise to power by giving him the vibro gauntlets/suit. He does the same thing with Beck. The Goblin plans to bring down his corporate rivals and use Schultz and Beck to seize control of the underworld. He returns to OsCorp, to find Chameleon is waiting. Goblin gives him the serum; Chameleon exits the film.

Peter is disgusted by Osborn’s guards; he can scarcely belief a human could be so cruel. The Goblin returns and unmasks Peter. He thanks Peter for his contribution; but Peter attacks him before he can continue. In midst of the fight, the Goblin hurls Peter into the container with the cancer-suit. As Peter struggles against it, the Goblin teases Peter with the fate of his comrade against OsCorp, Eddie. He invites Peter to check out the old theatre before escaping into the night.

Norman Osborn visits Black Tarantula, who has finished dealing with more city officials. He takes a shocked Eddie with him. Soon after, Quentin Beck as Mysterio attacks. He causes the individuals inside the theatre to think they’re the subjects of snuff-esque executions. Peter is forced to see Ben and May being killed by the Goblin. He also has a vision brought on by the suit’s reaction to the Mindrender-based gas Mysterio uses. It shows him an old lab in Norway, and quick flashes of his parents. Peter flees the scene, determined to see if Gwen can pull strings with Captain Stacey’s friends in the NYPD to see Connors.

The NYPD has its hands full with violence spilling into the better neighborhoods and streets; bank and weapons store robberies by Shocker and his men, who are launching attacks against other businesses rivaling OsCorp. Meanwhile a string of abductions crops up; Mysterio’s men are abducting targets from Toomes Industries for Mysterio to use as subjects while he refines his gas/costume.

Norman learns of all of this via papers, newsreports, etc. He’s in a luxurious penthouse suite, looking out over New York. Ultimately Shocker and Mysterio are his pawns. Meanwhile, Eddie is reliving his past. We learn that he came from a bad neighborhood in New York.

The people were essentially serfs to the criminals that operated from the neighborhood. Fear and a fierce sense of territoriality by the poor civilians kept them from fleeing, for fear of being killed by civilians in a rival criminal’s turf. He comes to and sees Norman Osborn. He congratulates Eddie on his accomplishments. He treats Eddie to wine and a fine dinner as a reward for his valiant efforts; its something Norman can appreciate. He offers Eddie any escorts he’d like, any smokes he’d like.

Eddie and Peter’s snooping was the catalyst that pushed Norman to make his power play (becoming the Goblin). Eddie, thoroughly broken by the gruesome executions he was forced to watch, feels as if everything he worked for was for naught. Broken, he allows Norman to set him up with a nice escort. She sees him out; they’re heading for Eddie’s old neighborhood.

Gwen is worried about Peter; she thinks they should leave New York. With her degree it shouldn’t be hard for her to find employment. She could afford to leave. Peter won’t; he can’t bear having the blood of the city on his hands. The news reports have high body counts now; that’s not counting the people who’re being abducted. Frusrtated, Gwen leaves Peter and goes to their bedroom. She notices the cancer suit moving and quickly takes a sample of it. Later when Peter suits up and heads out, Gwen goes to speak with one of her father’s friends, to get permission to see Dr. Connors. Connors calls the suit the Parker-Brock Legacy.

Black Suit Spider-Man is gone for three days and nights fighting. Eddie, still numb to the world has his way with the escort; as she leaves she gives the instruction to a couple of thugs to kill him. They attempt to do so and Eddie snaps, pent-up anger helping him kill them. He then sets out to find his old apartment. Spider-Man nabs Mysterio and tracks Shocker to a bad neighborhood. In a devastating battle he manages to subdue him. The cancer suit leaves Spider-Man, slinking off. The shock of losing the suit—it had been sapping him of his energy—and the exhaustion of his 3-day spree leaves Peter unconscious.

Gwen, disheveled and with rings under her eyes, is riding with her father’s acquaintance from the NYPD, looking for Peter. She’s worried about him and about the suit he’s been wearing. Peter comes to in the wreck of an old house. A redhead has been tending to his wounds. Peter is at first embarrassed, then notices a couple of bodies with dusty, threadbare blankets over them. Mary Jane tells him that they’re her parents. They were killed by collateral damage from Shocker’s fight with Spider-Man. Peter dresses and helps her bury them. Mary Jane playfully tells him where she saw his black suit slithering off to.

Suddenly the ground begins shaking as more refined versions of the Spider-Slayers, controlled by the NYPD begin picking through the wreckage, flushing out suspects etc. Peter overhears that they’re looking for him. Thus when Gwen finds him, he leaves with her. She tells him that the suit is dangerous—and thus they decide to head to the Norway facility to learn as much as possible about it.

TO BE CONCLUDED IN ACT III

For the first movie, I'll do what The Incredible Hulk did (and fresh Prince of Bel Air did more than a decade before it), and recap the origin in the opening credits, a mix between the Raimi version and Webb's, and the burglar will be caught of course

Gwen will be his love interest, they meet in college, and he won't tell her
Flash will be Fred, he will join the army cause he was inspired by Spider-Man, then tries to change things for the best. I'll give him a story, something about his family
A Big Man will work in backgrounds

For a lot of plots for the whole series I'll take the Spectacular Spider-Man for inspiration

:funny: Love the reference.

But Bruce Banner's origin isnt as interesting as Peter Parker.It made sense in just a 2 minute montage

While Peter Parker's origin has a lot of potential

I shouldn't use this for reference, but I'll do it anyway:
Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon said it; "Spider-Man Origin take 3000+"
It's the most rewritten and overly introduced origin

Bruce Banner has more potential with his origin, he's interesting and different

Your way of doing ASM1 Spiderdevil is exactly how I'd do it too. I've always thought a Shocker + crime lord would be perfect for an origin film. So that's just perfect IMO!

Anno, I'd love to read yours as well but since I don't have much time now, I'll read it later and leave a comment :)

Okey-dokey. And if you have some questions about it, let me know. Having read it over, I didn't mention a couple extra things(this trilogy idea has been in my mind for a while).

Love that set-up Anno, looks good to me! Like the wider exploration of Spidey's rogue gallery too.

Always been interested to see how they'd do Kraven on the big screen.

Thanks! :up:

Maybe one day I'll sit down and have a more detailed synopsis of all three films as I mentioned how I forget some items, plus I feel that I could have another villain in the third film since it's only Green Goblin right now. Just wondering who would be perfect with Green Goblin. Maybe Electro?

Okey-dokey. And if you have some questions about it, let me know. Having read it over, I didn't mention a couple extra things(this trilogy idea has been in my mind for a while).

I definitely will! I'm just doing a quick check here now so I can't read it now either but I will!

Merry Christmas y'all!

With Goblin you want a B villain rather than one the more high profile ones - as he's your main guy essentially.

Electro works, so does Scorpion. What might be interesting one day is Spidey having to take two at once. Perhaps Electro, Scorpion or Rhino has him on the ground and obviously Goblin is on his glider in the air. He's really pinned in.

And as Oscorp says, Happy Christmas everyone! Hope it's been an amazing day thus far.

OK so now I'll comment this:

Let's see...my trilogy...

Film One - Starts off a year into Spider-Man's career and only show flashbacks of Peter being bitten by a spider(that is genetically enhanced by OZ through OsCorp) and Uncle Ben's death(also showing Peter catching the killer) and Peter Parker is now a senior in high school. Crime is at an all time low and while many faces of the NYPD are skeptic, Captain George Stacy believes that what Spider-Man is doing is good, but he's always trying to find a way to some face time with the hero but to no avail. OsCorp plays somewhat of an important role with the trilogy while the Osborns do as well and there's a side plot of Norman Osborn having had dealings with the mob, led by Tombstone, and during one part of the film Tombstone decides to sabotage an experiment presented by OsCorp that ends up changing a man's live forever, Otto Octavius, who is the main villain of the film. Otto is a simple minded scientist who tries to be the best he can and that always calls for having no life outside of OsCorp and doing whatever Norman asks of him but during that experiment gone wrong, his biggest creation becomes his biggest allies in the form of the four tentacles which he only blames Osborn on and not thinking what really happened goes after Norman Osborn. While Spidey tries to save Osborn and stop Doc Ock, he also has run ins with Tombstone's mob and the man Tombstone called to screw up Otto's experiment, the Chameleon(the minor villain of the film). One pivotal part in the story is of Spider-Man's final confrontation with Chameleon and his handler, Hammerhead, and while he deals with these two for the police to arrest later on, Octavius interrupts a gala hosted by OsCorp and with Spidey no where in sight, Captain Stacy takes the duties in trying to stop Doctor Octopus that becomes futile when Captain Stacy ends up getting badly hurt and before he takes his last breath, he gets his chance to finally meet Spider-Man who's swung in time to tell Stacy things will be okay before Spider-Man sets his attention on Doc Ock who indeed is defeated by the wall crawler. The ending credits shows a doctor telling Norman that Project OZ has been halted as the United States military decided to pass OsCorp's super soldier idea but it is shown that Norman is still testing with OZ and even having an idea that this Spider-Man character received his abilities through OZ. And in another side plot, Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker are already friends with no history of a relationship besides one very bad date and Peter has eyes on only for Mary Jane Watson, who's dating Harry Osborn, Peter's best male friend.

Plus, a major cameo of Curt Connors, who has both arms at the time of the film but loses one while he tried to save some OsCorp board members during that experiment gone wrong; a scientist working at OsCorp.

I love Tombstone and his mob's part of the story and that they are responsible for the birth of Doc Ock! That's great! I also love your Capt. Stacy.

However, I honestly don't like having Doc Ock go after Norman to get revenge. I have never associated Doc Ock as that kind of villain who'd do such a thing. I imagine him as more grand, seeing things in a wider perspective than hunting down one person for revenge. I want the cold, master planner Doc Ock who wants to show everyone that he's the most intelligent out there. That with his arms, he feels he can do whatever he wants.

I also would prefer to have Connors with just one arm from the beginning of the trilogy. I'd like that it's something he's struggeling with for a long time.

Film Two - Starts off with Spider-Man quickly stopping some B rated villain, Shocker, right before his high school graduation, which he barely makes in time. But stopping this Shocker character gives Peter some insight that OsCorp is behind some shady dealings with the mob to the point where they are creating tech for criminals to use as Tombstone still has a very strong grip on Norman Osborn, who after learning they were behind Otto's failed experiment, is trying his best to find a way to get back at Tombstone and the mob while Tombstone has called on Chameleon's half-brother, Sergei Kravinoff, to exact vengeance on the man who put Dmitri Smerdyakov in prison. Kraven the Hunter definitely finds enjoyment in tracking Spider-Man down and realizing how strong Spidey is, decides to make this his greatest hunt and so begins a game of cat and mouse, something Peter Parker is barely surviving, something that gets the attention of Peter Parker's mentor, a scientist who worked with Otto Octavius before and during that fateful experiment who is secretly experimenting himself on trying to re-grow his arm that he lost during that same experiment after trying to save some board members. Realizing that Spider-Man doesn't seem to be a match at all against Kraven, Connors decides to finally test his serum and becomes the Lizard, with the mindset of helping Spidey(having no idea Peter Parker is Spider-Man), but the serum gets to him which has him going after Spidey as well. A final meeting between the two has Spider-Man reaching out to Connors to take control of the serum and helping him defeat Kraven, although when accidentally killing Kravinoff, Connors decides to do the right thing and hands himself over to the police after turning back to human(since his family has no part in my story, Curt will be a single man with no children). While trying to find a way to get him and his company out of the mob's pocket and having come down to one final straw after a mugging with some mob members beating Harry Osborn, Norman decides to finally test the OZ serum on himself, believing Spider-Man is a creation from OZ and becoming this insane, pale skinned new Norman Osborn, making his entrance known by only wearing this purple cloak and setting Tombstone's house on fire. Once more, there is a side plot of Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson; the former begins to hate Spider-Man for the death of her father and Mary Jane ends up breaking up with Harry after he keeps her away from his life after his mugging.

Cameos by the Daily Bugle family when Peter tries to get a job but is never accepted to work there until J. Jonah Jameson is met by Aunt May who, in her own way, threatens JJJ if he doesn't give Peter a job. He ends up giving him a job, lol.

As a major fan of Shocker, I feel it would be wasted potential to have him as this introduction villain for a film. I'd rather leave him out entirely than have Spidey defeat him in a couple of minutes.

I absolutely love the way you introduce Kraven to the franchise. That's just perfect.

I don't like how you're handelling Lizard here to be honest. His reason for using the serum should be for his own sake even though he's a good person. I also don't like Lizard helping Spidey defeat Kraven. With all the potential your story here has, it would be perfect to go all out Kraven's Last Hunt and just switch Vermin to Lizard. It would be the best Spidey film ever.

I also want Norman Osborn to be a psychopath from the beginning, hiding under a shell even before taking the serum. So I wouldn't have the mob beating Harry be the last straw. I'd like to have the mob beat Harry, with Norman going all "It's because you're weak Harry!".

Film Three - After killing Tombstone, Norman Osborn realizes that with his new power, he can lead the mob now and donning a goblin-esque suit, calling himself The Green Goblin, he puts his own mark within the underworld, deciding that only a monster can run the mob and so he becomes one metaphorically which begins an intense story of Green Goblin going after Spider-Man, the only one able to take down the mobs who have become even more powerful with using all of OsCorp's inventions. After a head on collision course, Gwen becomes aware that Peter is Spider-Man and so she learns to forgive Peter but before she can, she is kidnapped by Green Goblin after knowing Gwen's discovery and so too he is aware that Peter and Spidey are one in the same, putting Gwen as well as MJ in danger as both are equipped with gliders and sent out in New York City with Spider-Man struggling his best to save both and so he does, but to the extent of major damage to himself who went over his limits to a pleased Green Goblin who beats the holy hell out of Spider-Man with MJ, Gwen and the Daily Bugle family all watching in the streets of NYC, only to be saved by Harry Osborn. And in twisted fashion, is killed by his own father when Harry reveals that he knows that his father is Green Goblin, having found a secret area in his mansion where he stored all of his Green Goblin accessories and equipment, but with Green Goblin letting his guard down with Spidey, Peter takes this chance to finally defeat Norman Osborn who beats him down too much that Norman ends up dying on the streets of NYC, laying parallel to his son, Harry. And back to the side plot of Peter's personal life, he finally gets a chance to tell Mary Jane that he loves her and always have and they decide to go on a date, leaving the audience wondering when he'll ever tell MJ that he's Spider-Man.

Side note, I always had an idea of a superhero dying in the end of a trilogy, but after TDKR, I feel that the idea would only feel cheapened, but if I could get away with it, I'd have Spider-Man and Green Goblin both taking their last breaths while duking it out, leaving Peter's loved ones having to live on while knowing Peter Parker was Spider-Man. Aunt May, the family; Gwen Stacy, the best friend and confidant; Mary Jane Watson, the one girl he loved but never had a chance to tell her. In the version where Spider-Man doesn't die, only Gwen Stacy knows the truth, though.

Hmm I like that Green Goblin is the final villain of the trilogy but I'm not a big fan of how you're handelling it, except for the beginning with the mob and his motivations. I like Harry in this alot though. But Green Goblin kidnapping both Gwen and MJ, not killing Gwen as the classic comic book arc, as well as Spidey beating Norman to death...I really don't want to see that! That would spit on what Spidey stands for.

Overall, it's a very, very well written trilogy story. But there are lots of details that I don't like. Even then however, seen from above it's very similar to a story I had in mind some time ago.

With Goblin you want a B villain rather than one the more high profile ones - as he's your main guy essentially.

Electro works, so does Scorpion. What might be interesting one day is Spidey having to take two at once. Perhaps Electro, Scorpion or Rhino has him on the ground and obviously Goblin is on his glider in the air. He's really pinned in.

And as Oscorp says, Happy Christmas everyone! Hope it's been an amazing day thus far.

Yah, I'm definitely focusing on Electro being the minor villain for my third film idea. Pretty much being inspired by how Green Goblin controls Molten Man in TSSM with my idea for Electro.

I love Tombstone and his mob's part of the story and that they are responsible for the birth of Doc Ock! That's great! I also love your Capt. Stacy.

Thanks! I always had the idea of Doc Ock being sabotaged during the "big" experiment rather than him screwing up his own experiment and the mob was the perfect way to go with it, imo, especially with their dealings with Norman Osborn and all. And with Captain Stacy, I wanted to have something where he likes the idea of Spider-Man but not so much like the Batman/Commissioner Gordon combo, so him wanting to meet Spidey and never getting the chance was a great idea, imo.

However, I honestly don't like having Doc Ock go after Norman to get revenge. I have never associated Doc Ock as that kind of villain who'd do such a thing. I imagine him as more grand, seeing things in a wider perspective than hunting down one person for revenge. I want the cold, master planner Doc Ock who wants to show everyone that he's the most intelligent out there. That with his arms, he feels he can do whatever he wants.

Most of my ideas stem from being inspired by TSSM and with that, I like the cowardly aspect of Otto before the accident and taking the blame on Norman was inspired by Adrian Toomes blaming Osborn in the series premiere of TSSM, but in this case, I will of course have Norman try to reason his way out and tell Otto who's really behind it once he finds out himself, but I also thought this was the perfect way to go because as much as Ock is that "master planner" type of villain, he is only in one film, so it's hard to go that route.

I also would prefer to have Connors with just one arm from the beginning of the trilogy. I'd like that it's something he's struggeling with for a long time.

Agree that Connors could always start off with one arm, but it fits with the story of him losing his arm during a sequence, such as Otto's experiment gone wrong.

As a major fan of Shocker, I feel it would be wasted potential to have him as this introduction villain for a film. I'd rather leave him out entirely than have Spidey defeat him in a couple of minutes.

As, really, a B rated villain, even with how much I enjoy the villain as well, I find him to act like a B rated villain to be fine. I mean, Shocker, while being defeated in the opening of the film does make Peter late for his graduation. That I find would be hilarious that Shocker almost defeated Peter Parker moreso than Spider-Man in that regards. Also, the technology of his gauntlets was a nice way to introduce Spider-Man into realizing that OsCorp has shady dealings with Tombstone.

I absolutely love the way you introduce Kraven to the franchise. That's just perfect.

Thanks. I definitely wanted to use Chameleon and Kraven and bring up them being half-brothers and what it means if Spidey takes down one and the other comes for revenge.

I don't like how you're handelling Lizard here to be honest. His reason for using the serum should be for his own sake even though he's a good person. I also don't like Lizard helping Spidey defeat Kraven. With all the potential your story here has, it would be perfect to go all out Kraven's Last Hunt and just switch Vermin to Lizard. It would be the best Spidey film ever.

But he is still, in a way, using the serum for his own sake. He's been working on a serum for months, but I'm either thinking he knows the serum can make him stronger, or he finds out he's stronger before he even becomes Lizard and that's why he helps out Spider-Man at first.

I'm not "in the know" with Vermin that much, but also I use Lizard because of the idea of introducing him in the first film. Without Kraven being used, I don't like any other villain that could work with Lizard who I simply don't want to use as the only villain or even a full-on villain. With Lizard being a sympathetic villain, I want to use a more evil villain against Spidey.

I also want Norman Osborn to be a psychopath from the beginning, hiding under a shell even before taking the serum. So I wouldn't have the mob beating Harry be the last straw. I'd like to have the mob beat Harry, with Norman going all "It's because you're weak Harry!".

The serum is definitely something I want to change Norman as much as the OZ-enhanced spider changed Peter Parker, so having Norman being a psychopath from the beginning takes away my initial idea. With the mob mugging and beating Harry, it's the last straw that makes Norman take the serum. I still want some light of Norman actually loving and caring for his son.

Also, side note, while I want Norman Osborn to be this pale figure(after taking OZ) who then dons a Green Goblin outfit, I want him to only have a purple cloak when he attacks Tombstone as a nod to Ultimate Green Goblin when he's wearing just that purple hood.

Hmm I like that Green Goblin is the final villain of the trilogy but I'm not a big fan of how you're handelling it, except for the beginning with the mob and his motivations. I like Harry in this alot though. But Green Goblin kidnapping both Gwen and MJ, not killing Gwen as the classic comic book arc, as well as Spidey beating Norman to death...I really don't want to see that! That would spit on what Spidey stands for.

Yah, not killing Gwen and Spider-Man beating Norman to death are two 'extremes', but I wanted something different with Gwen not dying and I also wanted to show how powerful Peter Parker can be with him beating Norman to death, but also, something had to happen with that since Norman earlier killed his son(a direct parallel of sorts of me wanting to show Norman did loved his son earlier in the trilogy).

Overall, it's a very, very well written trilogy story. But there are lots of details that I don't like. Even then however, seen from above it's very similar to a story I had in mind some time ago.

Thank you :up:

It's something I've tinkered with for a while and I need to definitely add more stuff and details to it, but it's really the only kind of fiction I have ever written. I can't write Batman very well(my favorite superhero), but I definitely always had a set idea of what to do with Spidey; always have.

Last edited:
I think I'd have these villains in a trilogy:

Kingpin
Tombstone
Norman Osborn
Shocker
Chameleon

Green Goblin
Chameleon
Kingpin

This is when I'm very unsure. There are many ways to go with the story I have in mind (that I don't feel like writing now due to time). So I'll post some alternatives:

Mysterio
Scorpion

Lizard
Kraven

Doc Ock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"