The Amazing Spider-Man Sam Rami "loved" The Amazing Spider-Man

Joel actually has a reasonable work, he directed some good films, and some bad ones, he wanted to make a dark Batman film as the 3rd one and after the failure of Batman & Robin, he was just never given the chance and the studios forced him to make more childish movies, he actually seemed to like the Batman mythos more than Tim Burton, since even his worst film was trying to be a tribute to the 60s tv show and the cheesiest side of the character.

If you're talking WB making him make the Batman movies more kid friendly to sell toys, sure. But post-Batman & Robin, I wouldn't call any of his movie "childish."

With childish i was talking about his Batman films, because outside of that his work isn't like that at all, but many fanboys seem to only look at Batman Forever and Batman & Robin as his entire career

Joel actually has a reasonable work, he directed some good films, and some bad ones, he wanted to make a dark Batman film as the 3rd one and after the failure of Batman & Robin, he was just never given the chance and the studios forced him to make more childish movies, he actually seemed to like the Batman mythos more than Tim Burton, since even his worst film was trying to be a tribute to the 60s tv show and the cheesiest side of the character.

Oh, you mean, Tim "I would never/have never read a comic book in my life" Burton. Ya don't say :o

He did read Killing Joke though, and the tone and city were almost flawlessly adapted

I will assume he loved seeing the Lizard adapted to film when he was denied that, as a fan of the Lee/Ditko/Romita era himself he probably loved seeing a green Ditko villain on screen
Anyone knows if Raimi enjoys Ultimate Spider-Man? He and his brother did take the Eddie Brock jr bit in their Spider-Man 3 script, if that wasn't Alvin Sergeant's treatment of the script to take that bit of Ultimate
Enjoying Ultimate Spider-Man might help in him enjoying the movie

Joel Schumacher is my favorite Batman movie director, when I look at his non-Batman work he's my favorite
And I do enjoy his Batman movies more than Batman Returns

You like Batman & Robin? I mean, opinions are opinions, but I'm not sure if you are being serious or not.

I do like Batman & Robin, it's goofy, but watchable, not the horrid movie people say it is

Neither is Batman Returns, just go to its thread, that film is amazing but unfortunatelly ignored by many fans

Batman Returns is ok
I don't like Catwoman licking everything, or penguins in the sewer

Think of it all as a fairy tale :)

I'm in the same boat as Aziz.I actually prefer the Schumacher films to Burton's.Burton got a lot of the trappings right,but Batman Forever,for example,was the only film in the series that had a decent grasp on the Batman himself.Batman & Robin had some heart as well (thanks to Alfred),but the excess of the picture is what brings it down to the level of "guilty pleasure".

I prefer Schumacher to Batman Returns
The first Burton Batman movie is my favorite Batman movie, still

Like I said before when I read this, glad Sam enjoyed this and all, but my opinion on this movie doesn't change because Raimi liked it. I still felt TASM was a mediocre film overall.

I will assume he loved seeing the Lizard adapted to film when he was denied that, as a fan of the Lee/Ditko/Romita era himself he probably loved seeing a green Ditko villain on screen
Anyone knows if Raimi enjoys Ultimate Spider-Man? He and his brother did take the Eddie Brock jr bit in their Spider-Man 3 script, if that wasn't Alvin Sergeant's treatment of the script to take that bit of Ultimate
Enjoying Ultimate Spider-Man might help in him enjoying the movie

Joel Schumacher is my favorite Batman movie director, when I look at his non-Batman work he's my favorite
And I do enjoy his Batman movies more than Batman Returns

Sam Raimi Spider-Man films do seem exactly similarities:

-Peter, Harry and MJ knowing each other since High School and Peter and MJ living in the same neighborhood(whereas Peter and MJ in the Ultimate Comics were best friends who became lovers, while in the movie they were next door neighbors who didn't really talk until senior year)

-the spider was more of a genetically altered/genetically engineered spider instead of a radioactive spider(although Mark Webb said the spider is a result of genetic engineering/cross species mutation and a radioactive spark hit it before it bit Peter)

-Peter getting to an argument with Uncle right before he died

-Green Goblin was the first super villain Peter faced and they got their powers around the same time

-Doctor Octopus worked for Oscorp and it being part of the Doctor Octopus origin

- the Eddie Brock Jr. name

and probably a few other examples but it seems like Mark Webb takes more influence/ideas from the Ultimate comics than Sam did but the only comics Sam and his crew describes himself as being a huge fan of the 60-70 era Spider-Man comics as far as I know.

Last edited:
I think its cool Sam enjoyed the new movie. Not that I need his approval to enjoy the film, but I thought it was a lot more than "mediocre." It would only hurt me if Stan Lee said he hated the film.

I don't care about the opinions of comics creators, writers, etc. Only opinion that truly matters to me is mine. I don't feel any strong feelings if a guy like Raimi loved, or if Stan Lee would have come out and said he hated it (which would be shocking if that would ever happen for any movie...not his style to say that). I don't need permission for my opinions. I like discussing my thoughts with other people and debating points and all that. But, I don't need other people to validate my opinions.

-Doctor Octopus worked for Oscorp and it being part of the Doctor Octopus origin

Ock didn't work for Oscorp in Spider-Man 2. All they did was fund his fusion project for him. Everything, the tentacles, the reactor were of his own design and ownership.

I don't care about the opinions of comics creators, writers, etc. Only opinion that truly matters to me is mine. I don't feel any strong feelings if a guy like Raimi loved, or if Stan Lee would have come out and said he hated it (which would be shocking if that would ever happen for any movie...not his style to say that). I don't need permission for my opinions. I like discussing my thoughts with other people and debating points and all that. But, I don't need other people to validate my opinions.

Have some comic book writers been speaking negatively about the Raimi trilogy?

Have some comic book writers been speaking negatively about the Raimi trilogy?

No, I was just replying in regard to someone saying they'd be heart broken if Stan Lee said TASM was a bad movie. If I were a fan of TASM and someone like that said that, it wouldn't bother me. Likewise, Raimi saying TASM was good doesn't magically give me permission to enjoy TASM more than I actually did. I just don't think people should question their opinions based on those of other people. I abide by listen to what other people have to say, and I can agree or disagree.

No, I was just replying in regard to someone saying they'd be heart broken if Stan Lee said TASM was a bad movie. If I were a fan of TASM and someone like that said that, it wouldn't bother me. Likewise, Raimi saying TASM was good doesn't magically give me permission to enjoy TASM more than I actually did. I just don't think people should question their opinions based on those of other people. I abide by listen to what other people have to say, and I can agree or disagree.

Ah I see. Yeah I agree. Anyway I don't think you'd ever hear Stan Lee say a bad word against any Marvel movie.

I remember Stan Lee saying he didn't like Daredevil because the character killed bad guys.

He must loathe The Punisher then.

I think Stan said he thought both Hulk films didn't meet his expectations.

I remember Stan Lee saying he didn't like Daredevil because the character killed bad guys.

I remember it was something along the lines of they made DD darker than what he had intended for the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"