The Amazing Spider-Man Sam Rami "loved" The Amazing Spider-Man

I don't follow?what was a bit much?

Garfield has been the biggest advocate for the original series as far as I can see- from how obsessed he was with SM1 as a teenager, calling it "magical", trying to imitate Tobey's mannerisms, to saying that "Tobey will always be my Spider-Man". I've never heard the guy say anything that could be construed as even a little bit negative about those films. Maybe I missed an interview?

Suuuuper late reply, but

The villains, that he overall really liked it but admitted it had a few issues. I think it was an interview close to the release of TASM with entertainment weekly, I think.

No, I was just replying in regard to someone saying they'd be heart broken if Stan Lee said TASM was a bad movie. If I were a fan of TASM and someone like that said that, it wouldn't bother me. Likewise, Raimi saying TASM was good doesn't magically give me permission to enjoy TASM more than I actually did. I just don't think people should question their opinions based on those of other people. I abide by listen to what other people have to say, and I can agree or disagree.

I agree with that. I think it is pretty cool that Raimi respected the work of Webb. But, indeed each person is subject to their own opinion and should watch the movie before making judgements based on others thoughts. What does everyone think will come out of TASM 2?

I agree with that. I think it is pretty cool that Raimi respected the work of Webb. But, indeed each person is subject to their own opinion and should watch the movie before making judgements based on others thoughts. What does everyone think will come out of TASM 2?

Honestly, I am not sure. I think the movie looks better than TASM. Much better. But, at the same time, the marketing is starting to make me think this will suffer from "middle chapter syndrome" in the same way people talk about Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World. I enjoy both movies, but both movies do get somewhat bogged down in trying to set-up the next film as opposed to caring about the current one at hand. Some of the marketing for this film makes me think they care more about their Sinister Six set-up for TASM3 and beyond than they do TASM2 itself. But, we shall see if that is the case in around 1 month.

I thought Thor suffered from middle chapter syndrome a lot more than dark world. It was just trying to set up the avengers.

Honestly, I am not sure. I think the movie looks better than TASM. Much better. But, at the same time, the marketing is starting to make me think this will suffer from "middle chapter syndrome" in the same way people talk about Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World. I enjoy both movies, but both movies do get somewhat bogged down in trying to set-up the next film as opposed to caring about the current one at hand. Some of the marketing for this film makes me think they care more about their Sinister Six set-up for TASM3 and beyond than they do TASM2 itself. But, we shall see if that is the case in around 1 month.

Agreed, it does look like the movie is going to focus on the formation of the Sinister Six and be almost just a bridge film between the first and the second that lacks great plot. We'll have to see how they handle the death of Gwen Stacey and if it'll even happen in this movie. I think she'll be killed at the end of the film.

I don't think TASM2 will get the Iron Man 2 treatment. The problem with IM2 isn't that it was too focused on setting up future films but rather it just wasn't that interesting. The villains were boring, the fights were REALLY lacking, the plot was uninteresting... etc. TASM2 doesn't look like a movie that will have the same problem. The villains look awesome, the characters will probably have great chemistry, I find the Oscorp stuff intriguing, and overall it looks like a lot of fun.

Keep in mind that this series was originally conceived as a trilogy. Most of the "unresolved" plot points from TASM1 are going to get answered in this film and overall will conclude in the third installment. The Sinister Six was more of an afterthought.

Last edited:
The difference between Iron Man 2 and TASM2 is that the original Iron Man was pretty much universally loved, in comparison to TASM which divided a lot of fans. Even the people who really liked TASM seem to agree that some things could have been done better, and it's nice when Marc Webb himself admits that they did some things bad, and that they learned from their mistakes of the previous film.

I think TASM2 will not only top the first, but from everything we have seen so far (trailers, pictures), it feels like TASM2 will give SM2 a run for "best SM movie", and that's on the opposite side of the spectrum compared to a disaster like Iron Man 2.

Iron Man 2 was also just really boring.

I hope TASM 2 is better than Iron Man 2. One of my buddys just showed me a site for anyone interested in TASM 2 where you can win signed concept art and props from the movie. or a trip to the world premier if your lucky. It's getting me pretty hyped about the film so I hope when it's released its not a let down..

http://spiderfans.socialtoaster.com/

I'm not really worried about TASM2 not being better than IM2. Not really tough competition there.

Looking forward to what Raimi thinks of TASM2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"