Zawe Ashton as the Villain

I think she's Moonstone

I can't agree. Thanos is not the end all, be all, in the comics or otherwise. There are more powerful characters, and will be more to come in the movies. Without the Gauntlet, MCU Thanos is just an intergalactic thug. His entire race is almost as strong as him (though he's stronger than most), and there are other, stronger beings out there. Carol is the MCU's Superman, and she still got punched out by him with the Power stone. Her power level was fine, imo.

Agreed. There are way more powerful characters than Thanos. Galactus, Celestial, etc. Thanos is so dangerous cause of his mix of ambition and intellect. Same with Doom. It allows them to be dangerous even to foes who greatly dwarf them in power. So, I don't think whoever the villain is needs to be Thanos level or greater. It honestly comes down to what is the story, what's at stake, and how does the villain pose a threat.

I don’t think a villain has to be ridiculously overpowered to be a threat to Cap Marvel and the whole Endgame/Thanos thing doesn’t hold water IMO. In the course of that final battle, Tony, Cap and Thor all held their own against Thanos, way before Wanda or Carol flew in.

So with that being said, that means any new supervillain has to be tougher than Thanos for all of the heroes? Nah.

Whoever they select, I’m sure will be a fun and credible threat.

Only Cap held his own with Mjolnir, and even then was eventually defeated, Thor and Tony both got their asses handed to them on a plate.

I've seen Aston in plenty of stuff and I'm not a big fan of her. Always thought she was a 'meh' actress.

I could see her being a gender swapped villain.
I only saw her in "Velvet Buzzsaw" and I don't really remember her in "Nocturnal Animals" but I thought she was awful in the former. I could put a lot of that blame on the movie itself though, so I'll give her a shot here.

What about Hala the Accuser? Typically more of a Guardians villain, but I could see that being a (small) possibility

I know nothing of her acting, hoping she's good. We need more good female villains.

I didn’t know she is engaged to Tom Hiddleston. Supervillain couple menacing the MCU lol. Would be funny if those 2 characters ever met onscreen.

Heh, she went as Captain Marvel for Halloween in 2019.

bYP3Mv1.jpg

And yes, that's Charlie Cox as Loki and Tom Hiddleston as Daredevil.
Haha, this is an amazing picture.

I liked the actress. I call her the Queen of Hala. But she was given barebones. I'm afraid she will end up as one of the most forgotten Mcu villains in the movies along with Minerva.

Her performance was fine, but by the time the movie ended, I'm still not confident I could tell you the character's name. She seemed to be Ronan's successor as Accuser, but I don't think they ever call her by that title. I think that her motivations were really great, but not given nearly enough room to breathe. (Them relegating the implied original plot of Captain Marvel 2 to a flashback definitely hurt) And the final fight was pretty anti-climatic.

Overall, not bad, but very forgettable.

Dar-Benn was another forgettable MCU villain; she very much reminded me of Malekith.

Could have been interesting, but woefully underdeveloped.

Malekith was actually developed more than her so *sigh*... even though I liked The Marvels more than The Dark World.

Maybe it shouldn't have worked, but the Supreme Intelligence should've been the villain.

Such a waste.

i feel like she wasn't given enough to work with. i liked her mission, but they could've done a better job of making us care about it. the skrull/kree have been around a bit and i cant even tell if this takes place before or after Secret Invasion. this part of the story felt weaker to me, as did her sacrifice because didnt they literally say Carol could do it and no one had to die cuz of it?
please correct me if i'm wrong.

i feel like she wasn't given enough to work with. i liked her mission, but they could've done a better job of making us care about it. the skrull/kree have been around a bit and i cant even tell if this takes place before or after Secret Invasion. this part of the story felt weaker to me, as did her sacrifice because didnt they literally say Carol could do it and no one had to die cuz of it?
please correct me if i'm wrong.
You're correct. But then she attacked Ms. Marvel and grabbed the other bangle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"