Legend of Zelda Zelda Discussion Thread

I've been playing Ocarina of Time again recently on the VC... And it's such an awesome game :woot: I loved Twilight Princess, but did not like the whole wolf section of the game. I much prefer going from young to old than from human to wolf.

I've been playing Ocarina of Time again recently on the VC... And it's such an awesome game :woot: I loved Twilight Princess, but did not like the whole wolf section of the game. I much prefer going from young to old than from human to wolf.

The power of the wolf. It was a let down, it really stopped the game from being fluid for me. I liked having the choice later in the game to change back and forth but being forced to play as a character that could only bark and jump sucked.

The power of the wolf. It was a let down, it really stopped the game from being fluid for me. I liked having the choice later in the game to change back and forth but being forced to play as a character that could only bark and jump sucked.

Yes, especially when his missions consisted of finding those ghost things or whatever. The wolf parts were playable, but definitely a let down compared to the rest of the great game.

I liked playing as a wolf.
I though that it added an interesting dynamic to the series. In my opinion, it did slow down the game's plot a bit, but I liked the parts with the wolf.

Yes, especially when his missions consisted of finding those ghost things or whatever. The wolf parts were playable, but definitely a let down compared to the rest of the great game.

Indeed I could stomach them but it kept holding up the game. I remember Wind Waker being much more fluid - no pun intended.

I liked Wind Waker. Yes the islands were way to far apart, but other than that it was perfect.

I hated and did not get very far in Majora's Mask, though. It felt like a rushed/fake game to me, I don't know why.

Since the generally release 2 games per system, does Twilight Princess count for the GC or the Wii? It'd be the second GC Zelda game, and it was primarily developed for the GC. But if that's true than the Wii has yet to have it's Zelda game.

I liked Wind Waker. Yes the islands were way to far apart, but other than that it was perfect.

I hated and did not get very far in Majora's Mask, though. It felt like a rushed/fake game to me, I don't know why.

That game tried to live off of the sucess of OoT IMO. It was not bad but just lacked the coolness of OoT.

It was the 3-day limit. That really hurt it, IMO, for people who don't want to rush through.

It was the 3-day limit. That really hurt it, IMO, for people who don't want to rush through.

That and I think it just came out too quickly. It just seemed like a gimmicky version of Ocarina, it didn't change that much in terms of gameplay or graphics. It just added a time limit and 3 different mask forms you could be.

There was more than that. I think they put too much time into the story though.

I just started playing Twilight again, and I remember what it is that I really liked about this one (Aside from the awesome Wiimote bow controls) The dungeons in TP are all really well planned out.

The addition of the onscreen map also makes a world of difference.

The fishing in TP is pretty fun too.

Hmmm it's the closet I think Link has ever got to flirting with a woman face to face.

Not bad for a mute

Is there any rumors of OoT being released for the virtual console? I've never had an N64 and therefore never got to play OoT and would really like to.

No I am. I just don't have VC yet, for I have yet to connect online. I'm going to ASAP though.:up:

Well, OoT was released on VC awhile ago, so you're all set.

No I am. I just don't have VC yet, for I have yet to connect online. I'm going to ASAP though.:up:

Asides from Majora's Mask, all the other Zelda games not belonging to the Gamecube and handhelds are on the Virtual Console.

I just started playing Twilight again, and I remember what it is that I really liked about this one (Aside from the awesome Wiimote bow controls) The dungeons in TP are all really well planned out.

The addition of the onscreen map also makes a world of difference.

The dungeons were really well designed. However, the fact that you would only ever use an item in the dongeon you found it in sucked royally.

i dont know why people are so down on majora's mask. I thought it played like a Zelda game.

Alot of quests for replay value. And the strategy needed was huge with only 3 days allowed before the moon crashes down.

in anycase, it was nowhere near the greatness of OoT

The dungeons were really well designed. However, the fact that you would only ever use an item in the dongeon you found it in sucked royally.

That's not that true.. The Clawshots are always useful. The ball and chain could break the big rocks so they replaced bombs for me. There was the whole outside mission using the Statue moving weapon.

The spinner and sadly the boomerang were the least usefull outside of dungeons.

But how many times in Oot did you use the sling shot, the hammer, or the lens of truth, outside of a dungeon?

I'd say the amount of useful items outside dungeons is always pretty much the same.

All of this not including Bombs or the Bow or the extra shields and clothes and iron boots etc...

i want a ZELDA game for the Wii, Twilight Princess is AWESOME, but that is more of a Gamecube title

That's not that true.. The Clawshots are always useful. The ball and chain could break the big rocks so they replaced bombs for me. There was the whole outside mission using the Statue moving weapon.

The spinner and sadly the boomerang were the least usefull outside of dungeons.

But how many times in Oot did you use the sling shot, the hammer, or the lens of truth, outside of a dungeon?

I'd say the amount of useful items outside dungeons is always pretty much the same.

All of this not including Bombs or the Bow or the extra shields and clothes and iron boots etc...

Indeed some of the best weapons that were used a lot came from a dugeon.

I never got why some fans like to bash certain games in the series when outside of Minish CAp and Four Swords, I don't think there has really been a weak game in the franchise (and those two weren't main titles).

MM for example I find to be genius and to have as much nostalgia as OOT to return to, even if the storyline isn't as good and I was initially disappointed by not getting to revisit Hyrule which was an amazing world to my child mind in OOT. But the game's strength is its presentation, its depth and its content. THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO. I have to say if anything disappointed me in WW and TP (besides boss fights being WAY too easy), it is there is not nearly enough sidequesting and NPC interaction.

In TP, which I love including the wolf sections, it is pretty much this amazing epic sotryline and a crap load of great mini games. But the only side quests are collect-athons. Not really so much to do. But MM had us travel around the world in 3 day intervals and try and make every single character in the game's life better before the end of the world. And they are all doomed and they know they are doomed. You see how it affects every character differently with denial, anger, regret, fighting, dispair or acceptance. The game is about death and renewal. Every major transformation mask you receive (minus the deku scrub) you receive from the death or suffering of another. The Goron, the Zora even teh stone mask. And all these characters are about to die and it is a tragic thing and knowing each's story gives the game so much more weight.

So what if there are only 4 dungeons? The world is so much bigger in the sense of content and purpose that no Zelda game before or since has matched it and I think that is a shame. You really got to know the people of the ill-fated Termina as the shadow of death (in a lurking moon) laid above you. Seriously every day the music getting faster and more ominious, the people getting more paranoid and the moon getting closer was brilliant. Having to relieve the same weather conditions and suffering...amazing.

OOT is better and probably TP (it's hard to say) but I do love MM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"