zod deleted scenes

04nbod

I need to debrief you
Reaction score
posted on deknights myspace blog
AT LAST! ZOD DELETED SCENES!
Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities

I've just abut recovered from the insidious cold I picked up while shooting Justice, so I thought I'd finally make good on an old promise and post some deleted scenes from Zod. First up, the infamous attack on the presidential motorcade. This was an early budget causality and never filmed, much to the disappointment of Al Gough who fought till the bitter end to keep it. I'll post more stuff you never saw as soon as I have a few spare minutes. Enjoy!

- DeKnight

EXT. VIRGINIA ROAD - DAY

CLOSE ON the Presidential Seal. PULL BACK to REVEAL it adorns a limousine door which has been VIOLENTLY RIPPED OFF and now lays twisted in the middle of the road.

TRACK ACROSS DEAD SECRET SERVICE AGENTS AND THE SMOKING WRECKAGE

of a Presidential motorcade. PICK UP LEX/ZOD'S BOOTS as he strides through the carnage. Lex/Zod's shadow falls across

THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

crawling out of the wreckage, shaken and bloodied, but alive. Lex/Zod pauses, a god considering an insect at his feet.

LEX/ZOD
You are the ruler of this pitiful landmass?

PRESIDENT
I'm the President of the United States, you son of a *****. Whatever you're after, you'll never get it from me.

LEX/ZOD
Only a president? Where I come from, the real power belongs to the generals...

Lex/Zod's eyes fall on the body of a GENERAL lying in the road, a METAL BRIEFCASE chained to his wrist. Lex/Zod crosses over, snaps the chain, turns the case, revealing

THE INSIGNIA OF THE PENTAGON
embossed in the metal. A cool smile tugs at Lex/Zod's lips. Yes, that will do nicely.

GUNSHOTS SPLIT THE AIR.

Lex/Zod turns to find the President firing a gun retrieved from a fallen Agent. Lex/Zod strolls back to the President as he EMPTIES THE CLIP, stunned the bullets have no effect.

PRESIDENT
What are you?

LEX/ZOD
I'm your new god, little man.

Lex/Zod hits him with a bone-chilling glare.

LEX/ZOD
Kneel before Zod.

The President hesitates, then goes to his knees, taking Zod's proffered hand in submission. OFF the disturbing tableau...

FADE OUT.
END OF ACT TWO

Thanks!

I'm glad they never filmed it. It seems to me a combination of Superman 2 and Mars attacks.

I think it woulda played better than it reads, I like it but it wasn't really needed.

sounds cool but in retrospect it would've caused a **** load of issues for Lex down the line. How the heck would he have explained something like that to the government? Had they actually cast another actor as Zod like say Adrian Paul, then it's a different story...

The Incredible Hulk said:
sounds cool but in retrospect it would've caused a **** load of issues for Lex down the line. How the heck would he have explained something like that to the government? Had they actually cast another actor as Zod like say Adrian Paul, then it's a different story...
HAHAHA!!! Two words: Tina Greer. ;)

Or maybe he could have just worn a pair of glasses? I heard that works sometimes. :hyper:

I love SV. Really, I do. :woot:

I would have liked to have seen this, even if it had just been part of the deleted scenes on the dvd but as they never even shot it i guess we'll never have that chance

Kaboom said:
little man?
i didn`t even comment on his blog,becouse i had only negative things to say.

thanks god,they didn`t filmed it.

little man??...oooh no,it is not zod,it is isobel the witch,hehehe

but we would have 2 "kneel before zod" scenes :cwink:

another deleted scene

LANA ASKS ABOUT THE DAGGER

INT. BARN - KENT FARM - DAY

CLOSE ON A HAND as it hastily moves aside hay and scraps of wood, uncovering

THE KRYPTONIAN DAGGER

lying forgotten on the barn floor. MOVE UP to Martha's face as she takes it in, feeling the awful weight of what she's been asked to do.

THE BARN DOOR SLAMS OPEN.

Martha starts, quickly relaxes as she sees Lionel burst in, bloodied and bruised from his journey.

LIONEL
Martha! Thank God you're all right.

He rushes to her, relief flooding across his face.

MARTHA
Lionel, your son... Lex...

LIONEL
I know. And I know what has to be done.

He puts a hand on the dagger, overlapping Martha's. She looks into his eyes, the moment charged. Lionel leans down, their lips nearly touching...

LANA
Where's Clark?

They turn to see Lana emerging from the shadows, a bloody rag wrapped around her injured hand.

MARTHA
Lana.
(pained)
I don't know where Clark is.

LANA
I heard him talking to Chloe about killing Lex. I didn't understand what was happening, I...

LIONEL
Lana, we need to find Lex. Do you know where he is?

LANA
It's too late. The things he can do now. I don't think there's anything on Earth that can hurt him.

MARTHA
There might be.

Martha holds up the dagger.

LANA
Where did you get that?

LIONEL
(covering)
From someone trying to help. Where's Lex?

Lana stares at the strange blade, her heart sinking.

LANA
He's coming back to the mansion.

MARTHA
I'll go.

LIONEL
He's my son, Martha. I should be the one to do it.

LANA
No, you can't.

MARTHA
Lana, we know you have feelings for Lex --

LANA
That doesn't matter anymore. You don't know what he's become. What he's capable of. You'll never get close enough to use that.
(a beat)
But I can.

MARTHA
Lana, he could kill you.

LANA
A lot of people are going to die if you don't let me do this. It's the only way.

Martha hesitates, sees this is their best chance. She hands the dagger to Lana. OFF Lana, holding the instrument of Lex's doom...

CLARK VS ZOD

EXT. FOREST - DAY

The sun shines down on the treetops. BIRDS chirp merrily. WHOOSH! Clark and Lex/Zod contrail through the air, grappling as they

SLAM BACK TO EARTH,

creating a massive SHOCKWAVE. Clark yanks Lex/Zod up and

FLINGS HIM INTO A TREE, SNAPPING IT IN HALF.

Lex/Zod shakes off the blow, grinning in contempt.

LEX/ZOD
I don't know how you escaped the Zone... but you were safer where you were.

Lex/Zod slugs Clark in the face. Clark rockets back, gouging a trench in the earth as he goes.

LEX/ZOD
Did you really think you could win, Kal-El? You're an idealistic fool... just like your father.

Clark staggers up, jaw clenched in pain and determination.

CLARK
I won't let you do to Earth what you did to Krypton.

Clark's eyes FLARE as TWIN BEAMS OF HEAT VISION explode towards Lex/Zod. Lex/Zod counters with his own BLAST.

THE TORRENTS OF ENERGY SLAM TOGETHER

in midair. But Lex/Zod is too strong. Clark's heat vision spires are forced back as Lex/Zod gets the upper hand. BOOM! Clark is blown back by

A MASSIVE HEAT-VISION EXPLOSION.

Clark lands hard, rocked, his clothes smoking. He painfully pushes to his feet as Lex/Zod advances.

LEX/ZOD
Jor-El couldn't stop me. And neither will his son.

CLARK
Then I'll die trying.

LEX/ZOD
But you won't be the only one. These humans you care so much about. Swear your allegiance to me... and I'll allow the ones you love the most to live.

Lex/Zod pins Clark with a triumphant glare.

LEX/ZOD
Kneel before Zod.

Clark wrestles with that, realizes he has no choice. Defeated, he sags to his knees. Lex/Zod extends his hand and

CLARK TAKES IT IN SUBMISSION.

Lex/Zod smiles in triumph -- then SUDDENLY STIFFENS, gasping as pain shoots through his hand. He yanks it back, stunned to see that Clark has pressed

RAYA'S CRYSTAL INTO HIS PALM.

The crystal glows, SEARING HIS FLESH with the crest of the HOUSE OF EL. Lex/Zod snarls in pain as an INKY BLACKNESS begins to ripple under his skin.

LEX/ZOD
(realizing)
Jor-El!

Clark rises to his feet, victorious.

CLARK
My father sends his regards.

Lex/Zod screams as HIS DARK ESSENCE IS RIPPED FROM LEX'S BODY and sucked into the crystal, turning it BLACK. Lex collapses to the ground, the black crystal tumbling from his hand.

CLARK
Lex!

Clark rushes to him. Lex groans, unconscious but alive. Clark allows himself a grin of relief before his eyes fall on

THE BLACK CRYSTAL

containing Zod's essence. Clark picks it up, revulsion and anger filling his eyes. He hauls back and LAUNCHES IT INTO THE SKY.

EXT. OUTER SPACE

Zod's black crystal streaks out of orbit and tumbles into the vast, cold infinity of space. OFF Clark's greatest foe, finally defeated...

Would've caused a heck of a lot of problems later if the Lex/Zod scene had played out that way, huh?

Not that this season hasn't had it's fair share of problems anyway...:o

yeah i think thats why it was changed- its from denights blog so it was probably changed early on or perhaps they meant to have clark fight the zoners at first but thought the crystal was easier

Clark actually fighting super-villains would have made this season so much better (so far). :/

Lt. Figgnuts said:
Clark actually fighting super-villains would have made this season so much better (so far). :/

and seeing the heat vision with him pissed off :(

Lt. Figgnuts said:
Would've caused a heck of a lot of problems later if the Lex/Zod scene had played out that way, huh?

Not that this season hasn't had it's fair share of problems anyway...:o

Why would it have caused problems? You mean in getting rid of the other zoners?

:confused:

Good thing they didn't film that first scene. Lex is not only in the public eye as the head of a billion dollar company, but he also ran for state Senator.

Maybe still noone recognised his face.:whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"