The Original Script for Vessel was Trashed

Spare-Flair

Sidekick
Reaction score
We've learned from John Glover's interview that the last episode of the season caught everybody off guard because the script was trashed and completely rewritten right before it was shot.

What do you guys think was in it and why do you think it was changed? Given the early promos from WB indicating that a virus was unleashed by Brainiac and that only Clark could find "a cure" (not antivirus)...and the entire Milton Fine story arc about actually collecting biological viruses and them immunizing Lex against them...and the wierd sequence of Lex's wound closing itself long before he ever had Zod's powers...I'm led to believe the original script called for a biological virus being unleashed. Lex had to be immunized against this for Zod to survive and a biological virus would make much more sense in creating the instant riots and mayhem and degeneration of hummanity that we saw in the season finale.

Also, Vessel at times seemed like a huge rush job with odd sequences that seemed exaggerated or not intended to be as so when they were actually filming it, like Lionel flying into his SUV and the odd sequence of Clark standing in his loft and being sucked from the window right into space after LexZod threw the Phantom Zone ring into space. It's almost as if the sequences were not filmed to incorporate the special effects in that way and the FX department had to make do or something.

Any ideas why the original script was canned? This is confirmed by John Glover (Lionel) but he doesn't mention anything else in that interview (I can't find the link at the moment).

no need for a new thred for this. weve known they rewrote vessel for a while, and have already discussed it in the vessel thread.

please close.

Kaboom said:
no need for a new thred for this. weve known they rewrote vessel for a while, and have already discussed it in the vessel thread.

please close.

you know, I'd agree with you here, but the episode discussion threads are started far too early. I mean 60% of the vessel threads posts were made before the episode even aired. I wish you guys would split the discussion threads into before and after threads. Because they always degenerate into people just talking about nothing for pages and pages.

I dont think changing it from a bilogical virus to a computer virus was the reason as the AOL Blogs had it written in code that it was a computer virus all along. The Bilogical Virus and Vaccine was created so that Lex could be used as a Vessel. We've known the title of the episode for quite a few months.

I dont know why people are so curious about this rewrite. I read an interview of one of the Desperate Housewives stars recently and she said that they often dont get time to rehearse their lines because the scripts are being rewritten even during the filming of an episode.

They want the scripts to be the best that they can be so they just keep tweaking them until they get it how they want it.

Simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"