Zombie

SpideyInATree

Chillin' Like a Villain
Reaction score
Anybody else pick up Zombie, the MAX miniseries? :huh:

The first issue was kind of intriguing and wanted to see if anybody else was reading it.

Starts out with a bank robbery and while escaping, the robbers and their hostages end up in a town that's being overrun by zombies, and now they're holed up in a facility, but the zombies are surrounding them.

I think it's worth checking out if you're down with the zombie stuff especially, but it's got a nice story surrounding it.

I was initially interested, until i read the preview, and saw that the only thing it has in common with past continuity is the name (Simon Garth), not unlike Marvel's recent Man-Thing and Shanna The She-Devil.

If Marvel is not going to even TRY to acknowledge and respect their own continuity, then they're not getting my dollar, plain and simple. :down

It seemed like any other zombie story. Chemical spill, zombies come to life, people get stuck with them all around. Nothin' special about this book at all.

CaptainStacy said:
I was initially interested, until i read the preview, and saw that the only thing it has in common with past continuity is the name (Simon Garth), not unlike Marvel's recent Man-Thing and Shanna The She-Devil.

If Marvel is not going to even TRY to acknowledge and respect their own continuity, then they're not getting my dollar, plain and simple. :down

This has been a Marvel book before? I just thought this was a random MAX miniseries. :huh:

SpideyInATree said:
This has been a Marvel book before? I just thought this was a random MAX miniseries. :huh:

Absolutely. He was created back before Marvel even existed, back when they were still called Atlas Comics, in 1953 by Stan Lee and Bill (Daredevil, Namor) Everett...

He appeared in the black & white horror magazine Tales Of The Zombie in the mid seventies...

That's cool if you liked it...that means the creators did their job, but personally i think the current folks running Marvel have no clue whatsoever in how to present their stable of horror characters. Just look at the recent lackluster attemts at Ghost Rider and Blade....and the upcoming Son Of Satan looks just as lame (imo)...

Marvel needs to get someone who's as well versed in their horror history as the likes of Brubaker and Slott are in their superhero history (imo)...

They should pin down Steven Niles and make him an editor.

zombies feast and walking dead are much better options.

CaptainStacy said:
Absolutely. He was created back before Marvel even existed, back when they were still called Atlas Comics, in 1953 by Stan Lee and Bill (Daredevil, Namor) Everett...

He appeared in the black & white horror magazine Tales Of The Zombie in the mid seventies...

That's cool if you liked it...that means the creators did their job, but personally i think the current folks running Marvel have no clue whatsoever in how to present their stable of horror characters. Just look at the recent lackluster attemts at Ghost Rider and Blade....and the upcoming Son Of Satan looks just as lame (imo)...

Marvel needs to get someone who's as well versed in their horror history as the likes of Brubaker and Slott are in their superhero history (imo)...

I guess I just got better enjoyment out of it not even knowing that Simon was already an established character. That's good to know, thanks for the info, Capt!

I'll say it's definitely nothing horribly ORIGINAL but it had enough in the story to make me come back and check out what happens next. I'm just happy that Marvel is putting a little effort into the MAX line. I hope that this can spark something so Marvel can get a nice line of comics, much like the Vertigo titles over at DC.

CaptainStacy said:

Steve Niles has some good ideas, but poor characterisation. His characters are paper thin.

I think Kirkman would do a great job on a horror series.

I haven't read this but I m going to pick it up. I love zombies and this seems neat.

I didn't think it had anything to do with the actual zombie though from the old marvel horror books...

Well, I'll get my chance to try it this week when I pick up the Max sampler. I love Zombies, so maybe I'll pick up the trade.

This series is on #3 and it's just getting better and better. I really liked how the beginning made you forget that it was a Zombie comic, and all of a sudden there are Zombies everywhere. Cool. :word:

Is the series done yet?

I wanna pick up the trade....

i read once that marvel could'nt use the word "zombie"in a story so they termed the living dead "zuvembies"

3dman27 said:
i read once that marvel could'nt use the word "zombie"in a story so they termed the living dead "zuvembies"

That used to be true...

Thank you Comics Authority Code... :cmad: dumbasses!

Horrorfan said:
Is the series done yet?

I wanna pick up the trade....

No, it's not done yet. I believe there is still one more issue left to come out.

I like it so far. I just hope the ending doesn't suck because that's the MO with a lot of Marvel's stories lately. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"