The All Encompassing Zorro thread

I like the casting, though the whole dark future cliche setting sounds lame to me at least. I actually think it would be more interesting if it were set in modern day, much like the BBC series updated Sherlock Holmes.

this will be a futuristic zorror movie?

Well thank God it's a Spanish actor so I don't have to hear the constant *****ing.

I'm glad because I'm tired of the whitewashing and the actor is hot as hell, color me interested.

Zorro in the future? Could be cool. Especially if it's a steam punky type future. I mean come on, steam punk Zorro would be cool right? :D

I always thought the appeal of Zorro was the combination of the setting and era with a "Superhero" more so than the idea of Zorro himself

I'm more than satisfied with the casting. :up: The future setting still throws me off though.

The future thing doesn't shock me, I expect a Robin Hood in space to one day. It's just what Hollywood does when they want to revamp something.

So this is going to be like a live action Phantom 2040

isnt a modern futuristic zorro to similar to batman?

isnt a modern futuristic zorro to similar to batman?

Zorro has been a legacy character, passing the mantle to future generations long before Batman ever did it.
And harping on Zorro for being to "to similar" to Batman is kind of looking at it backwards, considering how much Batman already "borrowed" from Zorro.

Last edited:
this will be a futuristic zorror movie?

There are two movies being discussed, by two different studios, one from SONY - which is the classic origin tale, based on the Novel by Allende which has never been told on film.
The other is from FOX - a future post -apocalyptic version of the character.
They are both in production.

The future thing doesn't shock me, I expect a Robin Hood in space to one day. It's just what Hollywood does when they want to revamp something.

Even that's been done and long before that - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tkYaauQkSFc#t=34s

Yep, retelling classic tales in modern or future settings is pretty common, from Mythology to Shakespeare to classic heroes. It's kind of the set up of the character, not sure why people are complaining, there were modernized version of Zorro long before Batman ever did it.

Last edited:
Zorro has been a legacy character, passing the mantle to future generations long before Batman ever did it.
And harping on Zorro for being to "to similar" to Batman is kind of looking at it backwards, considering how much Batman already "borrowed" from Zorro who was created first.
Yep Zorro came before Batman.

i am a fanboy and i am on SHH. i know that zorro was before batman. thats why i asked that isnt a modern zorro to similar to batman? :oldrazz::woot:

Last edited:
i added a smile. i am not serious hehe

fox's last 2 reboots have been critical and financial success cant wait to see what they do

They need to get Brett Ratner to direct this. This seems like the type of film that would suit his exceptional talent.

And cast Charming Potato as the Alien Cyborg Alcalde.

Awesome casting choice for a new Zorro..But I ain't sure about the setting&character change,I like the concept for any other film But this ain't really Zorro as intended!!!

They've made a futuristic Zorro animated film or two and I kinda liked them But I'm very mixed on a live-action film being like this!

Anyone got some Zorro novel recommendations? :D

Yay! Garcia's the new Bat-I mean Zorro! :p

Honestly, pretty solid choice. I'm open minded about the whole futuristic take...

Read Allende's book if you haven't already, it's the definitive Zorro origin in my opinion and very well written.

I actually picked up "The Mark of Zorro" which has all of "The Curse of Capistrano." But I'll be looking into that book as well. Thanks. :woot:

I think someone else mentioned this earlier in the thread, but the idea of a post-apocalyptic Zorro film would be cool. If a lot of the earth is desolate, riding a horse would be sensible and kinda cool visually... At least the way I'm picturing it in my head. :F

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"