• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Green Arrow series in the works at The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. Understood and agreed, then. I'm just hoping GA isn't strictly in a non-powered world like the Nolan Batman movies is all. If Black Canary is on there she's gotta be more than just this generic chick martial artist. I would not like to see her primary and only power taken away.

I don't think we'll be seeing Black Canary for a while. I would be fine if they came up with some sort of reasoning for her power. Guess its a wait and see thing, first the show has to get picked up though. I think it has a decent chance. Considering they hired an academy award winning costume designer to do the costume I think it bodes well for the series.

I still think part of that believability will come down to the costume design. Smallville's looked horrendous and took me out of the show. Hopefully with less special effects required they can invest that money in costume design. I couldn't help but roll my eyes througout those JSA episodes, but thats just my opinion.

I agree about the Smallville costumes but that was because they halfassed most of them. Some of them turned out awesome (Green Arrow, Aquaman, Booster Gold) while others were this weird attempt at modernizing them that just did not work (The Flash, Doctor Fate). I say if you're going to do the superhero thing either go big or go home. I actually liked Hawkman's costume but hated the chestpiece. Just about anything else would have worked. Adding armored sleeves, for one.

I like the pic of the costume for this show(I also liked Smallville's)It looks better than I expected,I'm mixed of the"realistic/no super powers or magic"thing though,For Green Arrow I can accept it But overall I think there using"humanity&realism"way too much in all medias..I find that concept f'n overrated!!!!

I agree about the Smallville costumes but that was because they halfassed most of them. Some of them turned out awesome (Green Arrow, Aquaman, Booster Gold) while others were this weird attempt at modernizing them that just did not work (The Flash, Doctor Fate). I say if you're going to do the superhero thing either go big or go home. I actually liked Hawkman's costume but hated the chestpiece. Just about anything else would have worked. Adding armored sleeves, for one.

I actually thought the JSA costumes were all pretty faithful, which surprised me quite a bit. Even though people don't seem like Jaimie Reyes, the Blue Beetle was pretty good.

I thought the Dr. Fate costume was pretty cool actually.

I wasn't a fan of the fake abs. Or the fact that it looked like a blue motorcycle outfit. The helmet, belt and cape were nice. It kind of ends there for me. Smallville at times looked like they were stuck in the 90s as far as costume design went. Glad this show has a better designer.

doctor-fate-stargirl_l1.jpg

I dug Stargirl's costume with the exception of the mask.

I was very confused with Stargirl's mask. And I thought Johns would've had them make it better than that.

I thought, considering Smallville's budget wasn't that great, that most of the costumes on Smallville were great. Some of them were plain, but the only one I didn't like at all was Hawkman.

I wasn't a fan of the fake abs. Or the fact that it looked like a blue motorcycle outfit. The helmet, belt and cape were nice. It kind of ends there for me. Smallville at times looked like they were stuck in the 90s as far as costume design went. Glad this show has a better designer.

doctor-fate-stargirl_l1.jpg

I dug Stargirl's costume with the exception of the mask.

Those costumes looked like cosplay outfits at comic con, I'd rather not see them at all.

I know some of you like them but personally, if they can't put something half decent looking together I would rather they not put them in costume. That's why I'm against bringing on all these other heroes to the show.

It will be interesting to see if they use atwood to design other costumes. Something tells me they wont. For Green Arrow it makes sense, he's the hero and that is the main costume that you're selling the series on. Spending the money is worth it.

Another problem with tv is that you cant really hide the poor costumes with movie quality lighting and set design.

Always felt that the smallville costumes looked cheap and tacky. Hopefully we don't see the same issues with this show

A lot of the costumes felt outdated. Like a patchwork of old costumes and ideas. Cosplay is the best way to put it. I honestly would've felt better with straight up cloth costumes than the overly designed leather numbers.

Hawkman's costume was good but that dude's arms were NOT made for that costume.

I agree about the Smallville costumes but that was because they halfassed most of them. Some of them turned out awesome (Green Arrow, Aquaman, Booster Gold)

Aquaman looked like he bought his tank top from a store for teen girls.

6a00d8341c6c5753ef013487162abe970c-320wi

Well, guess what? Most superhero costumes look silly anyway, and when changes are made to make them more "realistic" (e.g. Nolan's Batman), many fanboys are not happy either. Is more honest to admit most of these costumes don't look well on live action, is not the end of the world fellas!!

I like this version of the GA suit better, the original would look too campy.

I personally never had issue with the full costumes the jler/jsa had. And sv take at them wasn't that bad. Though ga was the best of the bunch. I thought hawkman/fate was good for budget sv had. As for this designer on arrow, maybe she will be used more if they where to bring in any extreme costumed heroes/villains. Most of the big ones for ga doesn't seem that diffcult to pull off.

Another small role addition for pilot:
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/bold-an...innes-wood-to-appear-in-the-arrow-pilot/11070
Bold And The Beautiful’s Jacqueline MacInnes Wood To Appe ar In The Ar r o w Pil o t

CRAIG BYRNE

GreenArrowTV has learned that Bold And The Beautiful actress Jacqueline MacInnes Wood will be acting in the Green Arrow TV pilot, Arrow, for a few days.

The actress tweeted that she is NOT leaving the soap, so it’s likely it’s just a guest role.

So who is she playing?

One of the only major roles we haven’t heard about is the role of Sarah, Laurel’s sister who appears in scenes showing off Green Arrow’s origin. Could she work as a relative of Katie Cassidy? Or is she playing a different character? We’ll let you know if we hear anything…

UPDATE: And we did! Jacqueline has confirmed on Twitter that she will be playing Sarah Lance.

H o m e

Depends on your sense of style. I thought it was pretty cool and an even cooler live action interpretation with the sleeves.

383px-Aquaman_Smallville_001.jpg

I liked Hawkman's costume with the exception of the mentioned breastplate (they didn't even try with that one) and Michael Shanks just generally not being in the shape to pull it off anyway. Hawkman's costume is practically just being a buffed up hairy chested dude. I think it could have worked if the chest plate was more detailed.

hawkman_smallville-9-1.jpg

Last edited:
Jeeze. You can tell Shanks had stopped hanging out with Christopher Judge by that point, because I remember him being buffer on Stargate.

Blake Neely to score the pilot

His resume doesn't exactly lend itself to something like this, but on the other hand....
[YT]J1t0lJ_MF_4[/YT]
Pretty ****ing great.

Last edited:
Actually, disregard what I said about his resume not lending itself...
[YT]oUBZzmWfexA[/YT]
That **** sounds perfect for a show like this.

The wings on hawkman's costume ruined it. They were so poorly done that it looked like an elementary school project. The pasted on feathers looked cheap.

I know I'm harsh towards the costumes of the heroes but if you can't do it right, don't do it at all.

That said we're not going to see that any time in the first season at least if it goes to series. GA needs to be the hero, any other hero with powers takes away his uniqueness if not handled properly.

I actually liked this costume. Its my favorite Smallville costume next to Green Arrow's.

However, I very much prefer the new series costume compared to the Smallville one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"