• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Stranger Things (Netflix) - Part 1

Eleven's mother?

Or does she not fit in age wise? Eleven's grandmother? I can't remember lol

Eleven's mom was already played by a different actress in flashbacks and in that season 2 episode.

My guess is that she could be a part of that general guy's army (possibly a captain) in trying to contain the Upside Down critters from escaping Hawkins and hunting down Eleven.

671b576fc08b2dad406ab06b471a226899636a6f.gif

IllinformedImpossibleGlassfrog-size_restricted.gif

Qugs.gif

tumblr_ps2alnWf7B1x0bvwko5_540.gif

You're late to the party, Broseph lol

No I’m not. I know it was announced yesterday. And I know Pennywise posted about it from Discussing Film. I just wanted to also share the official Netflix announcement of it with the upside down photo of Linda.

Go back a page. It’s been rumored since Thursday

Bumping this thread because I just rewatched the "running up the hill" scene where Max escapes Vecna and...jeezus. I didnt cry the first time i watched it but this time...boy i had a very visceral reaction to the scene this time for whatever reason and completely welled up. What a freaking masterfully directed and acted scene. One of the best episodes of tv, period.

If I were Netflix, I would have the final episode of this series be full movie length like they did with last season and air it the final episode in theaters. Put a big marketing push behind it and everything, it will do gangbusters and make Netflix tons of money.

Last edited:
There were rumors or ideas that Game of Thrones would do that in their final season. But I don't think they ever did.

But that would be something releasing the final ep in theaters. I'd be more than down.

They probably won't do it because they would have to release the final ep on Netflix and in theaters at the same time. I feel like most studios and theaters are more bullish now on the day to date release strategy. And I don't think Netflix would release all of the eps on their platform except for the last one. On top of that I can't see them delaying releasing the final ep on their platform. Because that would be the other idea right? Release all the episodes on Netflix except for the last one which would be released in theaters

But I'd be very happy if they did it

Think of it though, it could be a brilliant marketing strategy. Like, say the entire final season is 9 episodes. Air the first 8 like normal on netflix in May 2025 or whenever. Episode 8 ends with a BIG cliffhanger with a tag saying, "Come see the grand finale IN Theaters July!" Air it exclusively in theaters for like 2, 3 weeks and then put it on netflix. I think the show is big enough where it'll make bank at the box office and people will show up to see the finale and be part of the conversation. Its a cheap gimmick but eh, what isnt a gimmick in hollywood these days? heh.

Think of it though, it could be a brilliant marketing strategy. Like, say the entire final season is 9 episodes. Air the first 8 like normal on netflix in May 2025 or whenever. Episode 8 ends with a BIG cliffhanger with a tag saying, "Come see the grand finale IN Theaters July!" Air it exclusively in theaters for like 2, 3 weeks and then put it on netflix. I think the show is big enough where it'll make bank at the box office and people will show up to see the finale and be part of the conversation. Its a cheap gimmick but eh, what isnt a gimmick in hollywood these days? heh.
But that takes off eyes and traffic off of Netflix, netflix.com, Netflix apps, etc. Which is something Netflix would want to avoid. Netflix's whole model is to keep people on the site and their apps. If they owned a theater than that would be different. No company wants consumers to give their money to someone else and releasing it in theaters splits any potential benefits and profits between Netflix and someone else

It would work better, but would have the same problem, is if it was a weekly show. And then instead of airing the finale on Netflix have it in theaters. Again similar problem but it works better than with a binge show

Very fair point. Although didnt they KIND of do this with Glass Onion? didnt that air in theater a full month before the netflix release?

Very fair point. Although didnt they KIND of do this with Glass Onion? didnt that air in theater a full month before the netflix release?
That was a movie not a show. I think that's a different proposition.
And Netflix had to for award consideration.

But hey if they do it. I'll be happy. I just would be surprised if they did

I never go to the theater so I wouldn't be too happy about this if they did. :(

There were rumors or ideas that Game of Thrones would do that in their final season. But I don't think they ever did.
The closest they came was releasing the last two episodes of season 4 in IMAX theaters, I believe. But even then that was months after they had aired.
I think it could be done at least in select theaters but in order to do that they would ideally orchestrate releasing it simultaneously on Netflix at the same time. For example, the finale drops on Netflix at 8 PM EST/5 PM PST, then those would also be the earliest showtimes. It all premieres at once.

I would totally be up for seeing it with a crowd. That goes for quite a few shows too, not just Stranger Things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"