‘24’ Prequel Series in the Works

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
‘24’ Prequel Series in the Works at Fox
“24” could once again live another day.

Sources confirmed to Variety that showrunner Howard Gordon and original series co-creators Joel Surnow and Bob Cochran are working on a new iteration of the series, with this one set to focus on a young Jack Bauer. The project is in the early phases of development with no word yet on when, if ever, it will make it to air.

I hope the 1st season is about Christopher Henderson recruiting a young Bauer into CTU

If nothing else, I don't feel like I could get into a prequel about Jack when his fate is left unresolved at the end of Live Another Day.

I'm a hardcore 24/Jack Bauer fan, but give it the f*** up, already... until you resolve Jack's fate, then I'm not interested... especially after that last 24 farce of a series...

They gonna bring Kiefer back,he's gonna be in a Russian gulag somewhere being tortured and every time he blacks out from the pain we get to see the prequel of how he originally joined CTU :o

They gonna bring Kiefer back,he's gonna be in a Russian gulag somewhere being tortured and every time he blacks out from the pain we get to see the prequel of how he originally joined CTU :o

Jack's one tough badass Amurican sumb****... he don't do no blacking out, lol... :oldrazz:

They really need to let it go. Someone on another website summed it up:

When 24 premiered in 2001 it revitalized Sutherland and introduced a fresh way of presenting a story with each season having a story taking place in a single day broken up into 24 episodes. But after 17 years and 9 seasons the 24 gimmick isnt fresh. Without Sutherland and without a fresh approach to storytelling theres not much reason to bother with this property.

They really need to let it go. Someone on another website summed it up:

When 24 premiered in 2001 it revitalized Sutherland and introduced a fresh way of presenting a story with each season having a story taking place in a single day broken up into 24 episodes. But after 17 years and 9 seasons the 24 gimmick isnt fresh. Without Sutherland and without a fresh approach to storytelling theres not much reason to bother with this property.

Agreed.

However, the 24 format would arguably work better today (if it hadn't been done before) - with the live time format and always working against the clock, the series was always very tense and waiting a week between episodes was a chore. Having something like this on Netflix where you can binge watch it nowadays would be perfect.

So it is Taken all over again. Just a generic special forces type who gets recruited by another agency. To save money from trying to show an 80's period piece we then pretend what we saw ten years ago is actually in the future with old phones, since the "prequel" uses cars, clothes and hairstyles from today. But given where 24 went with its plots during its run that very well may be a good thing.

No to young Jack Bauer. Will not watch.

What killed 24 for me is that they kept repeating the same gags over and over again. It was embarrassing.

FFS, Fox, how about we bring Keifer back ONE LAST TIME and just do one final season to close his story out? Market is as "Bauer's Final Day." Viewer's will show up for that. No brainer. Smh.

When’s that Walter White prequel coming?

And I thought FOX is now focusing more on sports and reality shows.

Last spring 24 Legacy had ratings as high as the now-basically-cancelled Gotham (I get it that Gotham isn't owned and 24: Legacy is owned, but still).

Just do one last 24 with Jack in Russia as he's forced to be used as part of their sleeper cell infiltration unit. I feel that would be a much better, emotional, and interesting story to tell than a prequel.

Besides without Kiefer Sutherland it's not 24.

To be fair, they'd have no reason to torture him as they know it wouldn't amount to anything and he wouldn't break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"