‘Dunk and Egg’ Series in the Works

Discussion in 'Game of Thrones' started by Sawyer, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Sawyer High King

2. SwordOfMorning Returning some video tapes.

Best comparison to make is they're a hybrid of the sad, deconstructionist tone of A Song of Ice and Fire (almost all the thematic stuff it draws on is the stuff that was pretty much completely removed from GoT so, that'll be interesting) and fun, swashbuckling adventure in the vein of The Princess Bride. They're beautiful novellas.

Excited for this. Not sure if I love them adapting Martin material where they're going to eventually have to start coming up with it on their own again since Martin ain't finishing these stories anytime soon if ever sadly, but that's less inherently a bad thing and more D&D induced trauma.

I was pretty annoyed at the prospect of them milking ASOIAF for more than one prequel, I'm as diehard a fan as they come but I'd like it to remain somewhat special. This I'll happily take though, especially because it's completely distinct from House of the Dragon.

CaptainWagner likes this.
  3. Albright Eeh…

Oh this could be interesting. Make it a dirty buddy comedy with elements of a road movie set in Westeros.