‘Resident Evil’ | Netflix Series

I'm still at a loss how Umbrella is still in existence and allowed to run and control their own city. How they have absolutely no security at their facilities after previous viral outbreaks.

The fact that the writers are actually selling this as "canon" and expect us to believe this is the same canon as the games is ridiculous.

None of this makes any sense. This can't be the same Umbrella from the games.

One thing to keep in mind, is that New Racoon City was in South Africa. The other research lab where the previous Joy incident happened in Mexico. So, it could very well be Umbrella is avoiding the US and Europe.

As for it still being in operation, well, history is a good example.

I'm still at a loss how Umbrella is still in existence and allowed to run and control their own city. How they have absolutely no security at their facilities after previous viral outbreaks.

The fact that the writers are actually selling this as "canon" and expect us to believe this is the same canon as the games is ridiculous.

None of this makes any sense. This can't be the same Umbrella from the games.

Wait they're trying to sell this as game canon?

Because Umbrella in game canon hasn't existed since like 2005 lmao

Sort of. Everything that happened up to like RE:Village supposedly happened in this universe which means they apparently skimmed over a lot of video game canon on the way.

Sort of. Everything that happened up to like RE:Village supposedly happened in this universe which means they apparently skimmed over a lot of video game canon on the way.

Considering Umbrella went bust because they were found liable for Raccoon City, that's putting it mildly :funny:

Yeah, they obviously picked and chose what to use.

It was in some weird continuity with the recent movie reboot as well as Lisa Trevor looked the same in the flashback video. But then Wesker was played by a totally different person o_O

I don't remember them trying to tie into the recent movie that had as much in common with the series as the series did with the games.

IIRC, Umbrella technically *does* exist again in the games. . . but only as of RE7, where it had recently been reconstituted from a few remnant parts as an anti-BOW operation run by Chris Redfield. Which sounds like a terrible idea, and is probably somehow Albert Wesker's plan, but yeah.

All we know is that up to RE5 is canon.

Wait they're trying to sell this as game canon?

Because Umbrella in game canon hasn't existed since like 2005 lmao

Ehh, it is believable that it didn't disappear. A lot of companies when they go bankrupt don't cease to exist. Evelyn could easily have rebuilt Umbrella from what remained. Too much proprietary tech and research to just disappear into the ether.

And the game canon is fairly confusing. With Neo Umbrella, White Umbrella, Blue Umbrella, is it truly fair to say it completely ceased to exist?

I still don't understand how that's possible.

Honestly, I don't see Umbrella having more blood on its hands than Purdue Pharma.

Just finished this finally...

For zombie apocalypse series...it was quite good and entertaining.
For Biohazard/RE adaptation...it was quite bad, though.

And I refuse to call this canon no matter what the ending tells us regarding a name drop of one beloved character from the game lore.

But the giant crocodile was intense though...I still felt in awe seeing that scene and terrifying at the time.

At least...this is slightly better than the recent movie adaptation, though.

Netflix looked at the numbers and critical response and said-

390a1ba88deecea87fcc69219d2d7589.gif

Im kind of surprised since it seemed like it was consistently in Netflixs top10.

But yeah, a good adaption would be nice.

I am almost disappointed there won't be a second season. Almost because it was almost good. All they had to do was drop the Resident Evil connections and the main character and give us more Bert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"