‘The Menu’ | Anya Taylor-Joy, Nicholas Hoult, Ralph Fiennes

Nicholas Hoult was just as entertaining as I expected. X-Men First Class was the first movie I saw him in...

You need to watch SKINS, this was the second time where he gave me those vibes again - the first being The Great.

He's so underrated as a comedic ass.

Isn’t it brilliant? I just loved Ralph fiennes in this. I think he was meant to be intimidating but I liked him too much.

my only minor complaint is it’s a bit of a shame Nicholas and Anya had to put on American accents. I think it would have worked just as well with their original accents. Gee I was hungry when I finished the film though
Speaking of accents, Fiennes doing an American accent was a total surprise to me because he rarely does one. Out of everything he's done there's only like three movies I can think of where he's had one besides this.

I thought it was great.

Anya Taylor Joy is just...Wow.:hrt:
ada917c9af22b09d1b47ca47274d2d22c3a3b440.gifv

If you can hang with Ralph Fiennes acting wise, that's winning in my book.
I also liked her in Last Night In Soho, and she's my top pick for Black Cat in a Marvel/Sony Spiderman Film.

Hoult was great too, as usual.
One of the shots of the film reminds you how tall a guy he is, since he towers over the rest of the cast:funny:.

Hot damn, this one was good.

ATJ and Fiennes killed and Hoult was the perfect *****e. The Janet McTeer/Paul Adelstein dynamic cracked me up. Colin Stetson did it again with the score.

And most importantly, I want that ****ing cheeseburger.

Congrats to Anya Taylor-Joy on getting married

So, silly question from someone who hasn't seen the movie, but did find the trailer kind of interesting: does the story every grapple with the fact that high end chefs like Fiennes' character only exist *because* there are rich people interested in paying for their services? Based on the trailer, I couldn't tell whether the movie would lean in a "True artists shouldn't be beholden to anyone else" direction or not ( or if it did, whether it would acknowledge that this attitude on Fiennes' part is part of what makes him the villain ).

Would be like a ten hour round trip for me, so Shake Shack might have to do it.

Not a fan of the sesame bun. And I’ll die by it but a good cheeseburger needs lettuce and tomato.

So, silly question from someone who hasn't seen the movie, but did find the trailer kind of interesting: does the story every grapple with the fact that high end chefs like Fiennes' character only exist *because* there are rich people interested in paying for their services? Based on the trailer, I couldn't tell whether the movie would lean in a "True artists shouldn't be beholden to anyone else" direction or not ( or if it did, whether it would acknowledge that this attitude on Fiennes' part is part of what makes him the villain ).
Not particularly. Without giving too much away, Fiennes character does seem self aware of why he’s popular.

Hot damn, this one was good.

ATJ and Fiennes killed and Hoult was the perfect *****e. The Janet McTeer/Paul Adelstein dynamic cracked me up. Colin Stetson did it again with the score.

And most importantly, I want that ****ing cheeseburger.
I really liked John Leguizamo in this. Something about him being in the movie Chef and this movie made me smile.

You need to watch SKINS, this was the second time where he gave me those vibes again - the first being The Great.

He's so underrated as a comedic ass.

of course I’ve seen skins! It’s so good, if you like that check out Heartbreak High

I'm fairly certain this was either my favorite movie of 2022 or top 3. Can't believe out of all the movies I saw in theaters, this is the one I skipped. As much as I enjoyed Violent Night, this would've been a better option. Heck, I've already watched it twice.

I gotta rewatch it to really grasp all of the metaphors and stuff it was satirizing, but damn this was a good movie.

Watched this in cinemas a few weeks ago. This movie was absolutely delightful. Made me hungry by the end though.

“Probably overpriced at $9.99.”

*laughs nervously after having paid 16 bucks for this very thing at Shake Shack*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"