🇪🇺 Discussion: The European Union

No surprise the far right did well.

Europeans want to support the mainstream parties, but the politicians of the mainstream parties are more interested in social climbing at Davos than in representing their peoples.

Interesting that Germany is still horrendously divided. They need better leaders, Scholz is a weak man, and Baerbock is a dim racist.

I remember when Gerhard Schroeder stood up to Bush Jr. prior to the Iraq war, Germany seemed like it was on the up and up, a great emerging power. Now I wonder if it will still be a first-world country in 2050.

Last edited:
Getting a bit worrying with how many European countries have moved so much further right,

Reuters - Anger among French conservatives as party chief wants election deal with far right

The leftist parties need to Voltron themselves together.

Some of this dumb **** is happening because France raised their retirement age and general global anti-incumbent sentiment.

Getting a bit worrying with how many European countries have moved so much further right,
Makes me worry about our future. Seems to me all this makes it easier for WW3 to happen.

Why not focus worry on the fact that centrist parties are failing to represent their people's interests?

I'm not just saying that today ... I think I understood as a Jewish teenager that the Treaty of Versailles contributed to the rise of the Nazis.

Kylian Mbappe admits he 'doesn't want to represent France' if they vote for far-right parties as France star urges young people to turn out in upcoming elections​

I think it's more that Macron lost the election than that Le Pen won.

He doesn't seem to care much about France itself or it's people. He also imposed a hugely unpopular pension reform.

...general global anti-incumbent sentiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"