X3 Box Office Tracker

Avalanche said:
I never understand members like him. Why try to get banned? What's the point?

I have done it before at a Howard Stern site but just because the members were being *******s to me and just wanted to be cut off completely from it. But this site is great overall I don't see why anyone would do that here and this is a basically a kids site come on dude.:cmad:

Updated Box office figures...

X-MEN:
THE LAST STAND

Domestic Total as of Sep. 24, 2006:

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
Domestic: $234,360,014 51.9%
+ Foreign: $216,962,009 48.1%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $451,322,023
Source: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=x3.htm

I'm not sure whats going on at Box Office Mojo but the site hasn't added the totals that X3 has made in China and Japan in the past week.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2166&p=.htm

^^That doesn't look a Box office chart to me. POTC2 and Superman aren't even on it.

the number 6 is the same film as Bokofficemojo last updated...

but yes, it's weird, since X-men isn't on the top 10

hmmm it's starting to drop now... We need DVD figues soon ( Start OCT 5)

Gonna find sites that ell us ^^ Retro n Angamb, wanna do it together?

flavio_lebeau said:
i can't believe they wont make an X4...they have to.

Just because they haven't said they will doesn't mean they are saying they won't. There is too much money being made for them to just stop. Like I said long before X3 even came out untill an X-Men movie bombs there is no way they are gonna stop churning them out.

DVD rental chart at imdb

DVD sales (but only a chart, no actual figures) from The Hollywood Reporter
Billboard also have charts but you need to subscribe.

I used to have a link to a site that gave the top 20 US DVD sales and rentals but I've lost it.

Any other suggestions?

Updated figures, finally including the Japan and China figures.

X-MEN:
THE LAST STAND

Domestic Total as of Sep. 24, 2006:

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
Domestic: $234,360,014 51.6%
+ Foreign: $219,629,907 48.4%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $453,989,921
Source: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=x3.htm

Looks like it will hit 455 million by next week. Therefore it still has a good chance of breaking 460.

Bring on X4!!

Retroman said:
Therefore it still has a good chance of breaking 460.
Bring on X4!!
what's the significance of 460? is that the number that greenlights an x-4?

Well theres a umor that if it beats 400 million x4's coming home so 460 million is a better chance.

slug said:
what's the significance of 460? is that the number that greenlights an x-4?
Theres is no real significance. The more money X3 makes the more chance for X4 and 460 is a nice round number.:cwink:

It might not be called X4 but I know 100% for sure another X-men film is coming. I'm not guessing. This is a business not a game for Fox.

Advanced Dark said:
It might not be called X4 but I know 100% for sure another X-men film is coming. I'm not guessing. This is a business not a game for Fox.
Do you mean in the near or distant future?

Iceman/Psylocke said:
Do you mean in the near or distant future?

Like he knows...lol. It wil happen we just don't know when. No studio will just drop a successful franchise. The only REAL question is whether the future sequel(s) will maintain the same, better, or worse quality.

The question I have is....would it be more prudent to keep any future "sequels" smaller in scale? What I mean is, would it be smarter to keep the cast smaller and not spend a gazzilion dollars on it?

If I were in their shoes (Fox's I mean), I would scale down the films and make them smaller adventures focusing on much smaller teams (or even solo films) rather than go the way of big budget blockbuster with a cast of thousands. That way the film will not make too big of a dent in their collective wallets and the risk would not be so great.

But that is just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"