10,000 Days

Wilhelm-Scream said:
does anybody remember laughter? :(

EDIT:I mean LAFTA

LMFAO!! He sounded like a gitty lil girl when he said that too . . .

DV8 said:
okay, okay . . . that was a weak example, but I think you get my point . . .

before I continue, has anyone seen Audioslave live? NO? Okay, they ffffffuackin rip . . . and I would say that 80% of their studio stuff is solid rock, maybe not to standards of Rage or Soundgarden, but it's not like all the shyt they play out on the radio . . . I'm pissed that they released tracks like that, and honestly, 95% of the time an Audioslave tune comes on the radio; I change it, cuz it's played out . . . and I don't listen to the radio that often . . .

I've seen Soundgarden live, and I've also seen Audioslave live. Trust me...Audioslave is a faint shadow of what Soundgarden was as far as live shows go.

jag

DV8 said:
okay, okay . . . that was a weak example, but I think you get my point . . .

before I continue, has anyone seen Audioslave live? NO? Okay, they ffffffuackin rip . . . and I would say that 80% of their studio stuff is solid rock, maybe not to standards of Rage or Soundgarden, but it's not like all the shyt they play out on the radio . . . I'm pissed that they released tracks like that, and honestly, 95% of the time an Audioslave tune comes on the radio; I change it, cuz it's played out . . . and I don't listen to the radio that often . . .
But again, your argument that they can't constantly play the heavier stuff based on age because 20 years their seniors and Sabbath still rips with 99% less light and soft songs.

I'm sure they are . . . as Rage rocked the house 10 times as hard as Audioslave . . . but there's no comparing them! I dont' know where this argument is even going anymore . . . someone said Audioslave blows, and I disagreed, then Wilhelm came in and owned me, and I cried :(

and I really don't feel like arguing my opinion anymore . . . I don't think Audioslave blows, was my point . . . I think they're still one of the best rock bands out right now, in the midst of all the other horseshyt they play out

Maybe I have a biased opinion being a Rage and Soundgarden fan, but maybe YOU all have another bias being Rage and Soundgarden fans, cuz there's no point in comparing them

Anyway, if you go a few pages back, and would prefer to swap Red Hot Chili Peppers w/ Audioslave, maybe that's a more valid example . . .

The Chili Peppers are infinitely more innovative and hard-hitting than Audioslave, I am afraid. :)

jag

jaguarr said:
The Chili Peppers are infinitely more innovative and hard-hitting than Audioslave, I am afraid. :)

jag

good! I thought someone was gonna get started on them now! I think their new single is awesome . . . sounds more like the BSSM era . . . reminds me a lil of Soul 2 Squeeze, too . . . :)

DV8 said:
good! I thought someone was gonna get started on them now! I think their new single is awesome . . . sounds more like the BSSM era . . . reminds me a lil of Soul 2 Squeeze, too . . . :)

Nahhh. I'm glad to see the Chili Peppers moving back towards the sound that really established them in the late 80's/early 90's.

jag

Do remember, there's hope yet for Audioslave.. Their new CD will be produced by the same giu who produces RATM

DV8 said:

I've seen them live. It was shortly after the first album came out. They put on a great show. :up:

Hudson said:
Do remember, there's hope yet for Audioslave.. Their new CD will be produced by the same giu who produces RATM

Maybe he can save them from themselves, then.

jag

Tom Morello said that their new disc was going to be a cross between Zeppelin and Earth Wind and Fire . . .

who is that producer? Rick Rubin, right?

KingOfDreams said:
I've seen them live. It was shortly after the first album came out. They put on a great show. :up:

thanks, KingOfDreams . . . btw, get the new TOOL!! I wasn't sold on it at first, but make sure you buy it, w/ the packaging and all, then give it a good few listens . . . if you're a TOOL fan, you'll not be disappointed :up: :up:

jaguarr said:
Maybe he can save them from themselves, then.

jag
maybe..

my comments on the Tool CD- i like it so far... very cool.

It definitely packs a punch at first . . . but be warned, it gets a bit slow and hypnotic for quite a bit . . . that's where I started to get lost . . . but then I found the awesomeness in the whole album . . . .

Wilhelm-Scream said:
heh, if I was in Tool this thread would depress me.

why? Because 3/4 of it was about Audioslave!!?? LOL!

hahaha . . . probably, but you know that Dave Mustane lives in Maynard's poolhouse (or used to anyway), so he's used to putting up with bullshyt, I'm sure . . .

DV8 said:
It definitely packs a punch at first . . . but be warned, it gets a bit slow and hypnotic for quite a bit . . . that's where I started to get lost . . . but then I found the awesomeness in the whole album . . . .
I don't mind it actually.:) :up:

DV8 said:
hahaha . . . probably, but you know that Dave Mustane lives in Maynard's poolhouse (or used to anyway), so he's used to putting up with bullshyt, I'm sure . . .
really? I never knew of such thing

PLAS said:
really? I never knew of such thing

yeah, for real! Just doesn't seem right . . . . goddam I hate Mustane

Dave Mustaine is Maynard Keenan's poolboy. LOL! :D

jag

yeah . . . Mustane pry thought he was going to be IN TOOL, but only IS a tool . . . hahahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"