10 Year Old Boy Convicted of Attempted Murder

Stats say that she was most likely, but this is one of the rare incidents in which that wasn't the case. But 8 times out of 10 it is. Most teenage and kid shootings work like a murder suicide.

You don't get it.

How did they get the gun? How did they get the ammo?

At this age their parents, brother, or cousin. If they were older probably just a friend over 18 or a friend of a friend. Its quite easy to get one.

I never stated that. I stated 80% of kids killing kids is because of bullying. 80% of them are bullied kids looking for escape and wanting revenge on the person who got them to that area. Most of these are basically a strand from suicide incidents.

Oh, see your confusion. - I mean. the bully that gets killed. Not the victim of being bullied, their victim.

Stats say that she was most likely, but this is one of the rare incidents in which that wasn't the case. But 8 times out of 10 it is. Most teenage and kid shootings/killings work a lot like a murder suicide and they usually do end in suicide without both sides of that equation ever being taken into account.

Yeah but where are you getting this crap?

Is it from the same article that declared that 90% of statistics quoted on the internet are bulls**t?
:fhm:

10 years in jail is kind of ridiculous for a 4th grader.

How about 10 years in Juvie?

Seems like a wasted childhood that will turn this kid into a lifelong criminal with no education.

Isn't that making a bad situation much worse?

When they are pushed - I tend to value everyone since they're kids and typically it is society or harassment (the kind that would be criminalized if not for their age) that pushes them to that area. Also, typically it is someone who was harassing them as well as others that becomes the victim - so I can't see that person as being hollier than holy, which it sounds like you do.

Then you should make sure they were pushed before trying to blame the victim and justify the murderers.

If a kid is being pushed around by another kid, and is just one of that kid's victims, and in retaliation kills that kid. No, I do not see the victim solely as innocent but both parties. Why, because that same kid could have pushed someone else into taking their own life - who's the killer there? The 'victim' with just a different ending to that story.

The problem is that you just invented this was the case.

In all honesty, answer this question:

If the girl was found to be making fun of other kids and maybe pushed one into considering suicide.

That didn't happen, but saying if it did - would you still say innocent?

I mean, if this case was completely and absolutely different than it is... my opinion about it would be completely and absolutely different than what it was.

So, if it was like 80% of the time with these cases - harassment - quite obviously by finding other means in reducing that, you would "prevent them to kill by suppressing what pushes them to kill." Especially since most were broken down to that level over time, not overnight. And that most of these cases act like suicides (and usually includes suicide as well - last ditch attempts). These kids are the creation, the frankenstein monster, of society which is what needs to be changed.

Society can change and improve so much. But society cannot prevent mentally ill people to be mentally ill. Sopciety can just protect the rest of us from them in case they're able to kill in cold blood. Which I hope is the case.

Seems like a wasted childhood that will turn this kid into a lifelong criminal with no education.

Isn't that making a bad situation much worse?

It seems to me the only waste here would be these boys' victims' lost lives.

Protecting future victims sounds a much better situation than having murderers locked away.

You let them go and you'll have criminals, which they already are.

Society can change and improve so much. But society cannot prevent mentally ill people to be mentally ill. Sopciety can just protect the rest of us from them in case they're able to kill in cold blood. Which I hope is the case.

As a person with mental illness (Schizophrenia and Bi-polar) I'd just like to point out that the percentage of people with mental illness that are violent is very low. More instances of people that are drunk being violent greatly outweigh the percantage of the mentaly ill.

It's a stigma that really needs to go away here in America. If you would like to know what it is like to go through mental illness check out this free web comic. It has 7 chapters and you can breeze through it in about an hour or so and I think it would give you a better perspective of what living with a mental illness is like.

http://blog.e2w-illustration.com/?webcomic_post=look-straight-ahead-chapter-1-cover/

It's called look straight ahead and it is amazing, I posted a thread about this morning to try and get more awareness of life with mental illness. I think it would enlighten you to something most people don't get to experience

As said, I was just going off statistics then changed once more evidence came of light. I'm happy to see that if it did go the way of most you would have had a different attitude towards it.

Exact statistic? I've read it before in one of the books on killer children. It is most of them and it was one of the main factors behind Columbine - yeah, some people want to claim that it wasn't (David Cullen for example - a work of fiction), but even Randy Brown admits that that was a very strong factor. Check out his review of David Cullen's book which is really informative. And this is a guy whose son was targeted by Eric Harris as a potential target that he wanted to kill.

This might be made up, but the most interesting thing about a crime drama I saw was this so-called genetic gene that would make a person more prone to killing or something like that. The killer tried and tried to say that he killed because of that gene. It turns out, the cop that arrested him had that exact same gene - just instead of killing, he became a law officer. So, I'm unsure if that's such a thing or just a thing that they invented for that procedural drama (Lawrence Fishbourne played the cop) - but, that does show how I also view mental illness. It's not the only factor - it's one of them, for sure - but just saying "crazy kid" would be ignoring every single detail that separates people with mental illnesses that kill from those who don't.

Also I stand by what I said - charge bullies the same as adults, basically treat them without "kid gloves" and you'll probably see a decrease in bullying statistics which will lead to a decrease in youth suicide and murder rates. This turned out to not be one of those examples, many are. Will it get rid of the problem completely? No, will it significantly reduce those stats? Yes. All that is doing is making kids feel safe. Bullies can get away with things for nothing that adults would get jail time for.

Last edited:

Wow. Just wow. Mental illness doesn't mean you're a cold blooded killer.

Yeah, if you're trying to say he's a psychopath or a sociopath, then say that. You can't just drop a blanket term like "mentally ill".

At the same time, not all psychopath's or sociopath's are killers. So you can't really say that either.

I said "in case they kill in cold blood."

Given the context of this thread, it is pretty clear what I meant.

Apologies if I was misunderstood.

My main question, what did the GIRL do to them? Willing to bet she wasn't all that innocent in this. Kids typically don't just snap and kill for fun, they're pushed into survival mode - suicide and murder usually go hand in hand at this age with these cases. Not saying they were in the right - they were in the wrong. But I do strongly believe she was in the wrong most likely too.

It doesn't matter what the girl did that the boys found "annoying." She certainly didn't bring a gun and knife to school to kill them. Kids annoy each other all the time and it doesn't escalate to the point of a murder plot between ten year olds.

Those two boys obviously have some serious emotional problems that caused them to act the way that they did. Turning things around and blaming the victim doesn't explain or excuse their extremely violent behavior. For all we know, their behavior was motivated by their own psychological problems and not by anything anyone else did. In other words, their psychological problems were the cause and what happened at school was just the trigger that set them off. They might have gone off on someone else instead if they found them "annoying" enough. We can't know for sure but there is no reason to shift the blame from the perpetrators, where it belongs.

At the time the annoying aspect wasn't known. Just two boys killing someone. It happened to be one of those rare instances. But when that was stated there was no motive on the table. So yeah, in this case the girl is innocent and the boys are crazy and perhaps bullies themselves by the sound of it. That said if a bully victim kills a bully, I'd have sympathy for both because they're just kids and society put them into that situation - the kid picking up on hurting those around him because he was never shown better and the kid who brought the gun because he felt like that was his only option due to others failing him.

As a person with mental illness (Schizophrenia and Bi-polar) I'd just like to point out that the percentage of people with mental illness that are violent is very low. More instances of people that are drunk being violent greatly outweigh the percantage of the mentaly ill.

It's a stigma that really needs to go away here in America. If you would like to know what it is like to go through mental illness check out this free web comic. It has 7 chapters and you can breeze through it in about an hour or so and I think it would give you a better perspective of what living with a mental illness is like.

http://blog.e2w-illustration.com/?webcomic_post=look-straight-ahead-chapter-1-cover/

It's called look straight ahead and it is amazing, I posted a thread about this morning to try and get more awareness of life with mental illness. I think it would enlighten you to something most people don't get to experience

Cool comic. :woot:

At the time the annoying aspect wasn't known. Just two boys killing someone. It happened to be one of those rare instances. But when that was stated there was no motive on the table. So yeah, in this case the girl is innocent and the boys are crazy and perhaps bullies themselves by the sound of it. That said if a bully victim kills a bully, I'd have sympathy for both because they're just kids and society put them into that situation - the kid picking up on hurting those around him because he was never shown better and the kid who brought the gun because he felt like that was his only option due to others failing him.

The annoying aspect was known when the thread was created.....

Oh, I read it half awake when I was first waking up. Thought that only came to light on the second page. I'd say my new question is if this is the first time they attacked somebody for annoying them or if it was just the first time a weapon was used. It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't an isolated incident.

At 10 kids have a pretty fair grasp of right and wrong, it's the consequences they may not fully understand. I think at 10 they do know killing another person is wrong, and that when someone is dead they are gone forever and can't come back.

Kids will dislike other kids for really shallow stupid reasons such as how the person dresses, talks, or looks. The girl could have done something, or she may not have. She may have been one someone who just didnt fit in.

Bullying now is different than it was 15-20 years ago. It's more than just name calling and the occasional fist fight. Bully now is constant and vicious, via cell phone and internet. Fights involve getting stomped on in the face, broken bones, and more.

I'm just not a believer in excusing childrens behavior with "kids will be kids". All this mamby pamby political correct parenting, not spanking, everyones a winner, lets not dare tell the child no and bruise their ego is what has gotten us to this point. I don't believe in beating children, but some discipline and the occasional swat on the rear end does some good.

At 10 kids have a pretty fair grasp of right and wrong, it's the consequences they may not fully understand. I think at 10 they do know killing another person is wrong, and that when someone is dead they are gone forever and can't come back.

Kids will dislike other kids for really shallow stupid reasons such as how the person dresses, talks, or looks. The girl could have done something, or she may not have. She may have been one someone who just didnt fit in.

Bullying now is different than it was 15-20 years ago. It's more than just name calling and the occasional fist fight. Bully now is constant and vicious, via cell phone and internet. Fights involve getting stomped on in the face, broken bones, and more.

I'm just not a believer in excusing childrens behavior with "kids will be kids". All this mamby pamby political correct parenting, not spanking, everyones a winner, lets not dare tell the child no and bruise their ego is what has gotten us to this point. I don't believe in beating children, but some discipline and the occasional swat on the rear end does some good.

According to 2 different articles the girl "annoyed" the 2 boys. No bullying was mentioned, although "annoying" someone is a pretty broad term. And I'm not sure how much disciplining these children would have made, seems to me that at least one of them has some very serious mental defects to plan and than attempt to carry out a brutal and vicious murder

I'm just going to go ahead and be honest here - at 10 years of age, there is so much more a child needs to learn to be held fully responsible for their actions. Heck, I remember when I was 10 years old, I grabbed a cat by its tail; the poor animal must have been terrified.

Am I the same person now? No way - I own a blind cat, and she means the world to me now.

I would certainly say, for a child whose mind is not fully developed, when they commit a terrible crime, the emphasis should not be on punishment, but reinforcement on right vs wrong - their development needs to be guided better.

Which is applicable to any age btw.

I'm just going to go ahead and be honest here - at 10 years of age, there is so much more a child needs to learn to be held fully responsible for their actions. Heck, I remember when I was 10 years old, I grabbed a cat by its tail; the poor animal must have been terrified.

Am I the same person now? No way - I own a blind cat, and she means the world to me now.

I would certainly say, for a child whose mind is not fully developed, when they commit a terrible crime, the emphasis should not be on punishment, but reinforcement on right vs wrong - their development needs to be guided better.

I completely understand your point. But I still think the emphasis should be in the protection of future victims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"