11 yr old boy shoots father's pregnant gf and then goes to school

If anyone is that crazy there's no point in keeping them alive.
Thats what the Nazis said.

I am generally against the death penalty for even hardened criminals. I simply don't beieve the state should assume authority over life and death. I also believe that in a perfect world the prison system would work as a rehabilitation center for most criminals and only a punishment or a seperation from society in the absolute worst cases.
I believe in the Death Penalty For all murderers over the age of 18.

I believe in the Death Penalty For all murderers over the age of 18.

The main problem with the death penalty is that we have a flawed justice system. Too much risk of putting innocent people to death.:csad:

This happened not far from me. I can not believe something like this. But then again the world has gone to hell in a hand basket. Kids today do not care what happens to them or others. I see it in the kids my son goes to school with, they do not know the outcome of their actions therfore they feel nothing towards them. I see kids everyday talking about killing people and chopping their heads off or shooting someone if they don't get their way. Yes this comes down to how the parents raise them. All this PC crap has gotten out of hand. Not to meantion all the people out there without kids that turn those who do into the cops for spanking their kids in the mall. Hell half of us here were spanked by our moms and dads, I bet there are some that got spanked in school. We turnd out ok, and these kids will too. If we don't change now, it will only get worse. Kids need sturcture, not freedom to do what they want anytime.

Why should they care, though? It's obvious that there's no real consequences to anything bad you do; look at Paris Hilton. And who's to say what's bad anymore? Everyone you talk to online wants to have sex with you, wants you to kill yourself, or just hates you anyway. And Mom and Dad are so busy with work and stuff. And no matter who you call on your cell phone, even your pedophiile PE teacher, you're still gonna be confused, because it might be different from all the movies and shows they watch late night while the folks are unwinding from their hectic days without paying attention to the kids.

it all comes down to the persuit of money

with both parents working and so much peer pressure these days as well as broken familys, children simply don't get that quality time with their kin anymore.

Why should they care, though? It's obvious that there's no real consequences to anything bad you do; look at Paris Hilton. And who's to say what's bad anymore? Everyone you talk to online wants to have sex with you, wants you to kill yourself, or just hates you anyway. And Mom and Dad are so busy with work and stuff. And no matter who you call on your cell phone, even your pedophiile PE teacher, you're still gonna be confused, because it might be different from all the movies and shows they watch late night while the folks are unwinding from their hectic days without paying attention to the kids.

I don't know if I'd say that, American has the largest prison population in the world. Having money does seem to allow you to get away with murder though.

I don't know if I'd say that, American has the largest prison population in the world. Having money does seem to allow you to get away with murder though.

We have the largest prison population, I'll give you that. But how many of the people in there are famous enough for people to know about? And the ones we DO know about get out of it. It's not necessarily a case of what is TRUE, so much as what we're SHOWN.

it all comes down to the persuit of money

with both parents working and so much peer pressure these days as well as broken familys, children simply don't get that quality time with their kin anymore.

I agree to a certain extent. I think it comes less from a pursuit of money and partially due to a broken economy that virtually requires both parents to work if they're still married and then partially due to the insanely high rates of divorce.

Children need structure from two good parents anything less than that makes it harder for those kids.

We have the largest prison population, I'll give you that. But how many of the people in there are famous enough for people to know about? And the ones we DO know about get out of it. It's not necessarily a case of what is TRUE, so much as what we're SHOWN.

If we're talking about examples set then yes, it does appear there are no consequences.

And actually now that I think about it some people without money do tend to slip through the cracks of the legal system because they commit minor offenses, but then they start adding up and nothing is done about it untill they kill someone.:csad:

The main problem with the death penalty is that we have a flawed justice system. Too much risk of putting innocent people to death.:csad:

That and it's not constitutionally able to be an effective deterrant, but I'm not gonna get into that now.

The sooner someone hits the "Reset" button on humanity, the better.

If it's fair that means the inital murder was "fair". Killing someone is never "fair".
Did i say that? no i said its a fair punishment. as they say, let the Punishment fit the crime

Did i say that? no i said its a fair punishment. as they say, let the Punishment fit the crime

How is it a fair punishment to kill someone who killed someone else? Even the scripture you reference doesn't avise that. The quote says, "an eye for an eye" not a "life for a life". It equates punishment should fit the crime not necessarily be the same as.

Killing someone isn't taking away an eye, a tooth, or even giving them a hefty fine. It's killing them. I don't know if the weight of that has really gotten to you or not. Especially since the punishment will serve NO purpose. If the goal is to rehabilitate, then death will surely **** that up. If the goal is to seperate from society, well... That's what we've got prisons for right?

That sort of backward thinking gives the state the right to kill someone for being convicted of murder. That means that the government has the right to kill it's citizen's based on how good your lawyer is. That sort of authority should not be one that an organization as clumsy as the government has the power to inflict.

What is the usefulness of giving the state the authority to go killing someone for murder?

How is it a fair punishment to kill someone who killed someone else? Even the scripture you reference doesn't avise that. The quote says, "an eye for an eye" not a "life for a life". It equates punishment should fit the crime not necessarily be the same as.

Killing someone isn't taking away an eye, a tooth, or even giving them a hefty fine. It's killing them. I don't know if the weight of that has really gotten to you or not. Especially since the punishment will serve NO purpose. If the goal is to rehabilitate, then death will surely **** that up. If the goal is to seperate from society, well... That's what we've got prisons for right?

That sort of backward thinking gives the state the right to kill someone for being convicted of murder. That means that the government has the right to kill it's citizen's based on how good your lawyer is. That sort of authority should not be one that an organization as clumsy as the government has the power to inflict.

What is the usefulness of giving the state the authority to go killing someone for murder?
I beleive in an eye for an eye only in the case of murder, because murder is an unreparible crime. Also, Murderers are too dangerous too be alive.

Oh and walrus, It does say "a life for a life" in the verse before it.

Perhaps dad should have been a tad more involved in his kids life. You know, taking an interest in the kid's behavior, habits and such.

Yeah, that would have been nice. Too late now though.

A kid that age has no clue what the consequences for this are. He simply can't fathom them. I'm guessing the kid watches violent movies and plays violent video games unsupervised. Propbably does a lot of things unsupervised.

Bull$#!+, the first part of your post was right on the money, then you screw up and start the blame game. I'm guessing since it was the kids shotgun, he's used it before and knows what happens when he fires it. I watched plenty of video movies as a kid and played plenty of violent video games, never had really thought about killed someone because of them. I'm sure that's why Hitler set up the camps to kill all the Jewish people, he watched one too many movie or played some violent video games, or maybe just some people are just f'ed in the head.

I beleive in an eye for an eye only in the case of murder, because murder is an unreparible crime. Also, Murderers are too dangerous too be alive.

Like I said before that's oversimplifying. Everything isn't that black and white.

Here's an example, say a woman is constent victim of domestic abuse, she finally has enough of it and kill her husband...Should SHE be put to death, or serve and long sentence in Jail?

What about people who kill in self defense but can't immediately prove it?

US gun laws are again fully to blame here. This is a problem that is growing at an international level. Sooner or later, the US is going to have to do something about this. I'd note the ridiculous amount of US civi arms being smuggled into Canada: a country with proper gun laws.

being able to defend your own property is an anachronistic liberty. It was written at a time well before the establishment of national, and state police forces of legitamacy. It really no longer applies to today's world.

Tell that to the zombies when they've taken over and trying to down your door to get into your home!

SEX, biologically, it is really the only reason to live. He'll be going to prison before he's able... that would SUCK... especially when he's celled up with Tyrone.

Prisoners still have sex.

Why...?

1. ...do they make 20-gauge shotguns for kids?

2. ...did they buy a 20-gauge shotgun for an 11 year old?

3. ...did this kid have full access to a 20-gauge shotgun? Shouldn't it have been locked away so the kid didn't... oh... shoot a loved one?

I say this kid was either scarily psychopathic (he shot someone and just waltzed to school) or innocent (someone else shot the woman with his gun).

A regular 20 gauge is too heavy for kids to shoot with. It's safer this way.

damn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"