11 yr old boy shoots father's pregnant gf and then goes to school

The weapon was a youth model 20-gauge shotgun, designed for use by children, that belonged to the boy, according to investigators.

Wait.. wha? Was that made for those Father-Son hunting trips or something?

Why...?

1. ...do they make 20-gauge shotguns for kids?

2. ...did they buy a 20-gauge shotgun for an 11 year old?

3. ...did this kid have full access to a 20-gauge shotgun? Shouldn't it have been locked away so the kid didn't... oh... shoot a loved one?

I say this kid was either scarily psychopathic (he shot someone and just waltzed to school) or innocent (someone else shot the woman with his gun).

I wonder if they shopped here.

mandalls.jpg

The moment you say "gun control," there's always someone who says "they're trying to take our guns!" or "If you take guns from us, only criminals will have guns!" But it's never about taking guns away from the average person. It's about making sure only certain people can have guns, and making sure they're all responsible enough to stop stupid crap from happening. Guns don't kill people. Children and idiots who aren't responsible enough to handle them do.

Perhaps dad should have been a tad more involved in his kids life. You know, taking an interest in the kid's behavior, habits and such. A kid that age has no clue what the consequences for this are. He simply can't fathom them. I'm guessing the kid watches violent movies and plays violent video games unsupervised. Propbably does a lot of things unsupervised.

What a load of crap. I wish people would stop using games and movies as justifications for violent actions. The kid obviously had these tendencies to begin with and has now acted them out. Violence has been around far longer than any entertainment medium (sorry to state the obvious) and it is easily accessible in the form of the news. Also, in terms of him not comprehending the consequences...hmmm I doubt it. I can't imagine him thinking "ohhh if I shoot my father's pregnant GF, killing her and the baby, maybe my dad will get me present".

What a load of crap. I wish people would stop using games and movies as justifications for violent actions. The kid obviously had these tendencies to begin with and has now acted them out. Violence has been around far longer than any entertainment medium (sorry to state the obvious) and it is easily accessible in the form of the news. Also, in terms of him not comprehending the consequences...hmmm I doubt it. I can't imagine him thinking "ohhh if I shoot my father's pregnant GF, killing her and the baby, maybe my dad will get me present".

From Scream...
Sidney Prescott: You sick ****s, you've seen one too many movies!
Billy: Now Sid, don't you blame the movies, movies don't create psychos, movies make psychos more creative!

I was raised in a military/cop family and learned to shoot guns, gun safety, and how to clean them and I'm 22 turning 23 been shooting since I was 9. There are proper ways to teacher your kids sorry to say, but all who are outraged don't blame guns. Blame the parents, its not video games, its not violence on tv...its pathetic stop using cop outs and take responsibility for your kids being ****ed up or you being a bad parent.

This is horrible and there is not much to say about it.

i'm thinking of making kiddy sized rocket launchers, i think there's a market for it.

i'm thinking of making kiddy sized rocket launchers, i think there's a market for it.

I'm afraid some nut actully probabley would make those and sell them to child soliders somewhere such is the world we live in :csad:

This happened not far from me. I can not believe something like this. But then again the world has gone to hell in a hand basket. Kids today do not care what happens to them or others. I see it in the kids my son goes to school with, they do not know the outcome of their actions therfore they feel nothing towards them. I see kids everyday talking about killing people and chopping their heads off or shooting someone if they don't get their way. Yes this comes down to how the parents raise them. All this PC crap has gotten out of hand. Not to meantion all the people out there without kids that turn those who do into the cops for spanking their kids in the mall. Hell half of us here were spanked by our moms and dads, I bet there are some that got spanked in school. We turnd out ok, and these kids will too. If we don't change now, it will only get worse. Kids need sturcture, not freedom to do what they want anytime.

He was Celebrating the Steelers SB win and got drunk.

I am generally against the death penalty for even hardened criminals. I simply don't beieve the state should assume authority over life and death. I also believe that in a perfect world the prison system would work as a rehabilitation center for most criminals and only a punishment or a seperation from society in the absolute worst cases.

Personally I think that if convicted the sentance should not only match the crime but also the criminal. I think ol' Shotgun Sammy deserves at minimum life in custody spending part of that term under lock and key and spending the other part in the care of a state mental institution.

Why both? He definitely at this stage needs some jailtime, no denying it, if nothing else just as punishment but as he ages and perhaps understands more of what he did and severity of it I think he's going to need to be in a psychiatric facility to prevent further violence.

Send him to Arkham.

The kid won't get the death penalty, the public outcry would be immense. I don't think he deserves it either, but if he had made a pattern of this, maybe.

If anyone is that crazy there's no point in keeping them alive.
Not to mention, I never much saw the point in life in prison, if you're going to lock someone up for life you might as well just put them to death to begin with.

If anyone is that crazy there's no point in keeping them alive.
Not to mention, I never much saw the point in life in prison, if you're going to lock someone up for life you might as well just put them to death to begin with.

Really? If given the chance between living for the rest of your natural life where you get to read comics and work out and watch TV and eat food or dying. Which would you pick?

Furthermore why do you presume to give the state the authority to kill someone simply because they're crazy? Who gives you or the state the ability to determine what is useful to society or who can be a useful well adjusted individual?

US gun laws are again fully to blame here. This is a problem that is growing at an international level. Sooner or later, the US is going to have to do something about this. I'd note the ridiculous amount of US civi arms being smuggled into Canada: a country with proper gun laws.

being able to defend your own property is an anachronistic liberty. It was written at a time well before the establishment of national, and state police forces of legitamacy. It really no longer applies to today's world.

Last edited:
Really? If given the chance between living for the rest of your natural life where you get to read comics and work out and watch TV and eat food or dying. Which would you pick?

SEX, biologically, it is really the only reason to live. He'll be going to prison before he's able... that would SUCK... especially when he's celled up with Tyrone.

I grew up in the 80's where all of my cartoon were violent, where I loved movies such as robocop and terminator, where comic books were over the top and such like.

Never once have I had an urge to attack anyone, hurt anyone or general be violent or anti-social. People like this, kids and grown-ups alike have got to have some underlying issue to their physcological state to commit such acts. I just hope the kid gets the help and support he needs moving forward.

That's really sad.

Can't say I'm shocked though, where I live there have been quite a few incidents of kids mudering their family members with weapons their family members bought them.

So Shotguns can be made for kids, but GTA is to violent?.... Riiiiggghht.

Wake me up when there is a way to change my species type.:down:

SEX, biologically, it is really the only reason to live. He'll be going to prison before he's able... that would SUCK... especially when he's celled up with Tyrone.

:facepalm If the only reason you have to live is sex and avoiding buttsecks than you should probably go ahead and clock out now.

US gun laws are again fully to blame here. This is a problem that is growing at an international level. Sooner or later, the US is going to have to do something about this. I'd note the ridiculous amount of US civi arms being smuggled into Canada: a country with proper gun laws.

Uhm... No. If guns laws were to blame then we should see more 11 year olds killing folks with shotguns. Gun laws are not totally to blame as much as proper education and instruction. If a child has the intent to commit murder do you REALLY think weapons are the only thing that give him the ability to? What about knives they possess the same killing potential.

being able to defend your own property is an anachronistic liberty. It was written at a time well before the establishment of national, and state police forces of legitamacy. It really no longer applies to today's world.

It was not written to give you only the ability to defnd your property against criminals but also against the government should it become tyrannical and be in need of revolution.

Removing that will end liberties entirely because we will no longer have anyway to assert our freedoms.

Send him to Arkham.
You really want him to be a Batman villian one day? Under the terrible name of "Shotgun Sammy"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"