JJJ's Ulcer!

Part 1: Your "real" life!
Where were you born?
Where do you currently live?
Age?
Height?
Hair color?
Eye Color?
Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so what and where? (Pics a plus)
Lefty or Righty?
Do you have any siblings?

Post a picture of your handwriting:

What is your job?
Do you have a car? What kind? (Pics a plus)
If you were a pro athlete, what would be your intro song?
What is your lucky number?
Any superstitions?
What kind of cell phone do you have?
What's your default ringtone?
What is the last movie you saw in theatres?

Part 2: Your Hype Life!
What is your current avatar and why?
How many posts do you have right now?
Congrats, you've been cast on MTV's the Real World! Which 6 Hype members would you pick to live in a house with you? Why?
Who is your Hype drunken duet partner?
What will you sing?
Have you ever met anyone from the Hype in real life?
Have you ever posted commando?
What brought you to the Hype?
What keeps you here?

Link us to a thread you enjoy:

You're going on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, which member of the Hype would be your Phone-A-Friend?
Which two Hype Members would you like to compete against in Jepoardy?
Which two Mods?
Hype Crush?
Hype Nemesis?
What is your favorite Smiley?
Least favorite?
Take the opportunity now to clear up one misconception about you.
What is your Hype Pet Peeve?
What SHH event (that you not necessarily had to be a part in) has given you the most enjoyment?

The Official "15 Minutes" Sign Up Thread http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=350867

Do you believe in karma?

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

If a word in the dictionary were mispelled, how would we know?

Is there another word for synonym?

Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Do they sterilize the needles for lethal injections?

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

How young can you die of old age?

If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

How many people does it take to change a searchlight bulb?

Is it still real to you?

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

What do batteries run on?

If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

If nobody buys a ticket to a movie do they still show it?

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Batman & Robin or The Room?

Mayonnaise or Broccoli?

Have you really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

If I melt dry ice, can I take a bath without getting wet?

How do you like my nonsensical questions?

Do you have any infractions? If so, do you care to tell us how you got them?

If you could have one TV sitcom house as your real home, which one would you pick?

List 5 movie titles that associate with 5 hypesters.

Post 5 songs/singles you want us to listen.

What is your least favorite word?

What turns you on?

What turns you off?

What sound do you love?

What sound do you hate?

What is your favorite curse word?

What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?

What profession would you not like to do?

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

I'm stuck at work right now, but keep those questions coming and I'll answer them later when I get out.

Should I have Italian or Chinese for dinner?

What's your favorite word in the dictionary?

Apples and oranges, how do you compare them?

Are you currently happy with where you are in life? Why or why not?

Part 1: Your "real" life!

Where were you born?

New York City

Where do you currently live?

Seoul, South Korea.

Age?

Height?

5'10 when I slouch, 5'11 when I try to actually try to walk upright.

Hair color?

Brown like a plague-infested mouse.

Eye Color?

Hazel

Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so what and where? (Pics a plus)

Tattoo on my right shoulder. It says 'Truth'. I got it on Spring Break in 2006. I tell people it's because I wanted to be a journalist at the time and 'truth' is the most important ideal in such a profession, but really I was just kinda drunk.

I honestly tried to take a photo, but I'm alone and it's almost impossible to get a clear shot of your own right shoulder. It's like trying to lick your elbow.

Believe me, you're not missing much. :yay:

Lefty or Righty?

Righty.

Do you have any siblings?

Two. I have a younger brother and an older half-brother from my mom's first marriage. Yes, I have the dreaded middle-child syndrome.

But I love and have a close relationship with both my brothers.

Post a picture of your handwriting:

Honestly.... and this is actually embarrassing to admit, but despite using the internet a ton, beyond basic html I'm as technologically saavy as a 90 year old. I tried to upload a picture, but the insert image thing only works for hosted pics. Is there a way to upload a pic from my iPhotos without first hosting it online?

What is your job?

English teacher at a University in Seoul. I teach ESL.

Do you have a car? What kind? (Pics a plus)

I used to have a 2000 Honda Civic in Boston, but after I moved to Seoul a few years ago my little brother inherited it and trashed the crap out of it. It's dead now. The brake-pads were completely eroded to the point of being dangerous, the interior was rusted to crap and it would have cost thousands of dollars to fix. I got it in 2004 for $12,000. We sold it for a hundred bucks to our local auto-mechanic for spare parts. I don't drive in Seoul. There's enough public transport here.

If you were a pro athlete, what would be your intro song?

'Hurt' by Johnny Cash! That'll rev up the crowd. :oldrazz:

But seriously, I'm so not into sports. I've never really thought about this. Let's say 'Heavy' by Collective Soul, just because.

What is your lucky number?

Ah! I used to have one, but I forget. I think it was 16 and I don't remember why. Maybe that's when I got my first frenching.

Any superstitions?

Not really, but why tempt fate. I won't purposely walk under a ladder just to prove how non-superstitious I am, but on the other hand I won't freak out if I realise I did in fact walk under said ladder.

I .... don't believe in ghosts. Well, 99% of the time. But that 1% of uncertainty keeps me from chanting 'Bloody Mary' five times in front of my bathroom mirror. That's about as far as my superstitions go, I guess.

What kind of cell phone do you have?

A Cyon. You probably haven't heard of it. It's crap. It's a touch-phone, but one of those pre-iPhone touch-phones.

What's your default ringtone?

Ring. Ring.

What is the last movie you saw in theatres?

I'm pretty sure it was Rise of the Planet of the Apes. At least that was the last good one. I may have seen Columbiana after that, but I'd rather not remember that steaming pile.
[/spoiler]

Part 2: Your Hype Life!

What is your current avatar and why?

J Jonah Jameson freaking out and it's really because I picked the kinda dumb throwaway handle of JJJ's Ulcer when I first came here and posted on the Spider-Man boards. I wish I had thought it out a bit more.

How many posts do you have right now?

3,220 as of meow.

Congrats, you've been cast on MTV's the Real World! Which 6 Hype members would you pick to live in a house with you? Why?

Um... Anubis, Bubonic (RIP homey), Aesop Rocks, Duke and for some juicy conflict StorminNorman and thebumwhowalks.

Who is your Hype drunken duet partner?

SuperFerret, because the dude needs a drink.

What will you sing?

Journey 'Don't Stop Believing'. Then a guy in a 'Members Only' jacket will shoot me in the head at the end.

Have you ever met anyone from the Hype in real life?

Nope.

Have you ever posted commando?

Even better. I've posted in the nude. :cwink:

What brought you to the Hype?

I used to post on comicboards, but it started to seriously decline in traffic and get kinda crap. And the mods are way too strict to the point of even snarky sarcasm getting a warning. A curmudgeon like myself couldn't abide by such draconian nanny modding. So I followed some link and ended up on the Spider-Man board here.

What keeps you here?

Boredom, a crippling internet addiction and thebumwhowalk's posts.

Link us to a thread you enjoy:

Currently I'm enjoying this thread, strictly for the lulz, not because I agree with its premise: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=370679

You're going on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, which member of the Hype would be your Phone-A-Friend?

C.Lee is old, so he probably knows a lot more than us (relatively) young 'uns.

Which two Hype Members would you like to compete against in Jepoardy?

thebumwhowalks and Ultra Lantern. Because it would be a cakewalk.

Which two Mods?

You and Hobgoblin are the only two mods on my sparse friends list, so I'll say you and Hobgoblin. Happy Birthday by the way.

Hype Crush?

None. I have a non-sexual crush on Anubis because I think he's quite ha-ha.

Hype Nemesis?

SuperFerret. But not really. I just like sparring with him occasionally. I've had more serious blow-ups with other posters, but those are usually just one-off or two-time affairs.

What is your favorite Smiley? :awesome:

Least favorite? :waa: STOP WHINING!

Take the opportunity now to clear up one misconception about you.

Despite my avatar of JJJ, I'm not as much of a grouch as I come off as sometimes. I just like to kvetch and sometimes stir the pot. I guess I've been very moody the last few months, because I've had a terrible year. But I'm slowly moving on.

What is your Hype Pet Peeve?

1) Newbies who after 5 posts, think they know everything and try to talk down to posters who have been here for years. They annoy me more than spammers. At least you know spammers will be banned.

2) When a posters talks about how bad something is (drinking, soft drugs, visiting other countries, interacting with the opposite sex) it usually means they've never done it or are basing their opinion on a one-time experience

3) The 'no cursing' rule. We can discuss in graphic detail mature subjects like our sex lives, terror attacks, divorce, war, suicide, drug abuse, alcoholism, mental depression, etc, but even link to a youtube video with a naughty word and you get an infraction. It's a dumb rule. Nobody here is going to get traumatised by a bad word or two, considering the topics that are covered.

What SHH event (that you not necessarily had to be a part in) has given you the most enjoyment?

I haven't really. This one? I liked the Gifs thread.

15 minutes, Marx? This took me well over an hour. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

You better get delighted half to life.

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

No, I'd tell him to run through a mime-field.

If a word in the dictionary were mispelled, how would we know?

I have no idae.

Is there another word for synonym?

The best I can do is a phrase; antonym of an antonym.

Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Can carnivores eat tofurkey?

Do they sterilize the needles for lethal injections?

Yes, of course. You wouldn't want to get the Hep now, would you? :nono:

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

If that's true, then why are dyslexic clowns so afraid of the Human Cannonball?

If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

A forest is no place for woman folk. Just ask that young upstart from The Village.

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

No, it's considered Darwin's law.

How young can you die of old age?

If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I'd give it the cold shoulder.

How many people does it take to change a searchlight bulb?

69, duuuuude!

Is it still real to you?

Yes, Morpheus. I took the blue pill, because ignorance is bliss and the steak still tastes real.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Cowabunga, dude! Don't you know turtles live in the sewer with Master Splinter, duh!

Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

Hoo-ah! [/Blind Al Pacino from 'Scent of a Woman']

What do batteries run on?

The blood of baby mongoose.

If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

I'd first wait for the lawyer to turnip.

If nobody buys a ticket to a movie do they still show it?

This I know the answer to. Yes.

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

I don't know, but thank god for that, because it sure tastes great!

Batman & Robin or The Room?

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!!!!

Mayonnaise or Broccoli?

Mayonnaise left in the sun? Or unspoiled? My answer depends on that answer.

Have you really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Yeah sure! Great idea!

If I melt dry ice, can I take a bath without getting wet?

Your skin will slowly scald off your body and the last thing you experience before you die will be the searing pain of a thousand burning needles.

So, yes!

How do you like my nonsensical questions?

The kids are fine, thanks.

Do you have any infractions? If so, do you care to tell us how you got them?

I have 2. One for linking a hilarious youtube video that happened to have a relatively mild curse in it (I'll give you a hint, it starts with 'sh' and is a synonym for fecal matter) and one more deserved one for fighting in the Politics forum.

If you could have one TV sitcom house as your real home, which one would you pick?

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air's digs.

Sorry, Kane. I have to run out for a while. I'll answer the rest of your questions when I get back.

Who inspires you the most? Either family, friends or other. Or all!

Questions from HisMagicTrick, LibidoLoca and Marx.

Do you enjoy your job?

Yes. You can't beat 14 paid weeks off a year. It's not my dream job, but on the satisfaction front I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Should I have Italian or Chinese for dinner?

I can't answer that, but whatever you do, eat noodles, because both countries excel at that. Or maybe get some fusion food... Chitalian.

What's your favorite word in the dictionary?

Pie. Aint nothin' wrong with pie.

Apples and oranges, how do you compare them?

Easy. I hate apples and love oranges. Apples taste okay, but have a terrible gritty texture. I like apple juice, but hate apples. Nothing wrong with oranges. Oranges are awesome. Just don't drink orange juice after brushing your teeth.

What's your favorite superhero movie?

That's a hard one. To be honest, nothing gave me goose-bumps like the first half of Kick ash when I saw it in theaters because it played into all those adolescent fantasies of being a hero. But the second half was too conventional and unrealistic (considering how the first half tried to focus on the realism of what would happen). And I loved Dark Knight in theaters too, but it's not great for rewatchings. But in terms of repeat viewing, Thor and Iron-Man 1 never get old for me.

Are you currently happy with where you are in life? Why or why not?

No. I was supposed to be married by now, but broke up with my fiance earlier this year. Plus my dog died, my parents are both sick. Life sucks right now to be honest.

Who inspires you the most? Either family, friends or other. Or all!

Creatively speaking, probably a select few writers and artists I've never met.

In terms of being a good person, maybe my dad. And my friends set me straight when I act like an ash, so they inspire me to be a better person in a way too.

Hi my name is (Insert your username here), you might remember me on SHH for such things/threads as?

What is your biggest regret and if you could relive that moment what would you have done differently?

Tell the story of your first love, not necessarily your greatest love.

What’s your biggest geek collectible?

If you were a celebrity, what would you demand in your dressing room?

What was your first?
Tape/CD
DVD/Blu-Ray
Automobile
Video Game

How did you find out about the birds and the bees?

Who has been your biggest influence and why?

Where is your next vacation spot?

If you moved tomorrow, outside of family or friends, etc. what would you miss most about the place you were living?

What are some good things about living in South Korea?

What are some bad things about living in South Korea?

Was there an atmosphere of panic during the earthquake in Japan & afterwards because of the impending nuclear disaster?

Why did you choose to work abroad, besides the possible upside in salary?

When will you be back in the states?

I'm sorry to hear about the current state of your life man. How long were you and your fiancee together?

What is your favorite thing about living in South Korea?

What is your least favorite thing about living in South Korea?

Do you value what other people think of you?

Do you still talk to a lot of people that you grew up with?

What do you think of Facebook? Good way to stay connected with friends and family? Necessary evil? Or problem causer?

Last edited:
So, you're no longer answering questions? :dry:

Sorry. I've had a couple really crazy days. Been on the move since Thursday. I'll post later today.

1. Do you watch Adventure Time?

2. Watch SNL?

3. NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, UFL, NASCAR(lol), MLS. Rank them.

4. Can u draw?

Questions from Erzengel, Duke, Marx and enterthemadness.

Hi my name is JJJ's Ulcer, you might remember me on SHH for such things/threads as?

Honestly, you probably don't remember me. I like to poke fun sometimes at certain posters in the Relationship thread and make the occasional off-color joke. I guess I posted the 'Alcohol' thread which has 200+ replies, but a thread about drinking is pretty much gauranteed to get lots of replies. I also post in the Spider-Man comics and Politics forum sometimes.

What is your biggest regret and if you could relive that moment what would you have done differently?

Saying "Bring 'em on." No, I kid.

Seriously... I'm still trying to work out if that "biggest regret", breaking up with my fiancee was a good thing or a bad thing.Time will tell.

I have regrets all the time though. Just yesterday I did something dukey to a friend and he got angry at me. Wish I could take it back, but it'll be forgotten in a week. Lifelong regrets or at least years-long regrets I have a couple, including the one I already mentioned.

Tell the story of your first love, not necessarily your greatest love.

Naaah. That stuff belongs in the dustbin of history. First love is just puppy dog stuff.

What’s your biggest geek collectible?

Nothing, really, except my like three thousand comic collection that's sitting in the musty basement of my parents' house collecting mold spores as we speak.

If you were a celebrity, what would you demand in your dressing room?

kitty or gtfo.

What was your first?
Tape/CD My first tape was Led Zepplin Zoso. I got it when I was 9 or 10 and listened to Stairway to Heaven (and only Stairway to Heaven) until the tape completely unspooled. It was my first exposure to popular music. CD... I think SilverChair's Frogstomp in '94 when I was about 12 or so.
DVD/Blu-Ray Don't remember. Probably the Matrix or some 1999-2000 era movie.
Automobile Honda Civic 2000
Video Game Phantasy Star and Space Harrier on the Sega Master System were the first games I really had fun with.

How did you find out about the birds and the bees?

I think my Dad had a very forced, awkward and scientific talk with me when I was a kid, talking about "sperm" and "eggs", but not really the human mechanics of it all. Imagine Doc Manhattan trying to explain it and you get the idea. But I'm pretty sure I already kinda knew about it, if not the actual specifics.

Who has been your biggest influence and why?

I really don't know. Too many and it's constantly changing.

Where is your next vacation spot?

Czech Republic. I'm visiting Prague in December (among other places in Europe).

If you moved tomorrow, outside of family or friends, etc. what would you miss most about the place you were living?

Well, I already moved. You miss your country's food, the fact you can understand what people are saying and the familiar culture and comforting routine you've grown accustomed to.

What are some good things about living in South Korea?

Exploring, learning about new cultures, easy access to travel anywhere in Asia and Korean girls are some of the cutest in the world.

What are some bad things about living in South Korea?

Cultural misunderstandings, the very occasional racist, polluted air and kimchi farts on the subway.

Was there an atmosphere of panic during the earthquake in Japan & afterwards because of the impending nuclear disaster?

Nope.

Why did you choose to work abroad, besides the possible upside in salary?

It was something to do I guess. I'm glad I did.

When will you be back in the states?

I'm sure one day.

I'm sorry to hear about the current state of your life man. How long were you and your fiancee together?

2.5 years. It would've been our 3 year anniversary on Halloween.

What is your favorite thing about living in South Korea?

What is your least favorite thing about living in South Korea?

See my answers to Duke's similar questions above.

Do you value what other people think of you?

Some people, definitely. I crave approval, acceptance, understanding and praise. Perhaps to a neurotic point.

What do you think of Facebook? Good way to stay connected with friends and family? Necessary evil? Or problem causer?

The best thing about Facebook is you never lose touch with people. The worst thing about Facebook is you never lose touch with people.

I think we're becoming addicted to technology to an unhealthy degree. We're becoming dependent, like it's a drug. What happens if that drug is taken away one day? I think we've also lost the ability to connect on a more human, basic level.

So, you're no longer answering questions? :dry:

Oh ye of little faith.

1. Do you watch Adventure Time?

Do I watch what?

2. Watch SNL?
Meh. I watch a clip if it gets picked up in the news. The only good thing to come out of SNL the last few years is Tina Fey's Palin and Lonely Island songs.

3. NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, UFL, NASCAR(lol), MLS. Rank them.

Don't care for any. I guess I watch the MLB during the World Series (at least a couple games), but that's about it.

4. Can u draw?

Yes. Very well actually. I'm working on a graphic-novel and I do the occasional poster for promotional events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"