17-Month-Old Boy Beaten to Death for "Acting Like a Girl"

Daredevil

The Man Without Fear
Reaction score
At approximately 8:25 p.m. last Sunday night, the New York State Police on Long Island logged a 911 call about a toddler in cardiac arrest. The boy, 17-month-old Roy Jones, was rushed from the Shinnecock Indian Reservation in Southampton, N.Y. to Southampton Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 9:11 p.m.

According to authorities, the toddler had endured a savage beating. His tiny body had been repeatedly punched with closed fists and grabbed by the neck. By the time 911 had been called at dusk, he was already in cardiac arrest from the sheer brutality of the assault and it was too late to save his life.

Charged with manslaughter in the first degree and held without bail is the toddler's mother's live-in boyfriend, 20-year-old Pedro Jones, who was babysitting. The pair lived together on Shinnecock Nation tribal land, though Jones himself was not a member of the tribe. They were reportedly to marry, and Jones called the toddler "my baby," though Roy was not, in fact his baby.

"I was trying to make him act like a boy instead of a little girl," Jones explained. "I never struck that kid that hard before. A one-time mistake, and I am going to do 20 years."

He told troopers that the little boy had been too feminine and that he'd been trying to toughen Roy up by literally beating the life out of him.

"I'm sorry," he said "That's my baby. I loved him to death."

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-rowe/what-it-says-about-us-whe_b_671373.html

I'm like a 100% sure this was a joke on Family Guy or Simpsons.... except the baby didn't die.

What the f*** is wrong with people?

"I never struck that kid that hard before. A one-time mistake, and I am going to do 20 years."

I wouldn't worry too much about doing 20 years...if you're lucky, you'll be dead within a few months. Oh they are going to have such fun with you in prison!

That is extremely messed up. WTF is wrong with people, this doesn't make any sense.

How in the **** can you tell if a child at only 17 months is actin feminine or not???

What a moron. The fact that he felt the solution to toughen him up was a beating is even more idiotic.

What a sick and twisted world we live in. Hopefully someone will make him his girlfriend in prison.

This is so STUPID!! The kid was 17 months old. What did he define as feminine? Crying? All kids do that! My son is 3 and by far more whiney then my girls were. But my mom says I was the same way, and I'm not feminine at all. It's ridiculous to think a kid 17 months old could even know the difference.

I hope someone kills him in prison. rip to the child. :csad:

And this is why trying to "toughen up" your sons usually ends all ****ed up.

It still baffles me what people are capable of in their logic.

This walking mass of crap in human form must die. Now.

this is what happens when the media and movies or whatever push that people should, work like slaves, get married then have a baby, die..

Any piece of **** does cause they believe they should.:dry:

So this guy thinks he'll only get 20 years? I hope this baby killer will do life w/out parole. And I also hope other inmates will think he's too feminine and give him a beating to "toughen him up". Seriously, this news peeved me off. :cmad:

WTF. This man deserves the chair.

Really ****ed up! This was in some kind of crazy tribe? Makes you wonder if it is common the way he talks about it.

this is what happens when the media and movies or whatever push that people should, work like slaves, get married then have a baby, die..

WTF. This man deserves the chair.

Really ****ed up! This was in some kind of crazy tribe? Makes you wonder if it is common the way he talks about it.

Reading is your friend, first Old Greg, the kid wasn't this guys child, it was the mother's child from someone else.

Second, ALP, he wasn't part of the tribe.

That said, guy still deserves Bubba behind him every night for the rest of his life.

The media doesn't push that. Instinct does. Even animals work to survive, mate, and then die. You don't need to be told to have children to have children.

That said, it wasn't even his kid.

Reading is your friend, first Old Greg, the kid wasn't this guys child, it was the mother's child from someone else.

Second, ALP, he wasn't part of the tribe.

That said, guy still deserves Bubba behind him every night for the rest of his life.

edit; Sorry amazingfantasy, thought the first part was directed at me.

I know he wasn't a part of the tribe, but it said they were on tribe land and the way it was stated- was if the rest of the family was a part of the tribe(only HE wasn't). Meaning they may have been some sort of extreme tribe that approved of what he was doing. The man said he had done it before. So the mother was either fine with him beating the child or she didn't know it(doubtful).

Last edited:
Um, I read the entire thing.:dry:

I never said it was his child nor did I infer that. You're putting words in my mouth. And I know he wasn't a part of the tribe, but it said they were on tribe land and the way it was stated- was if the rest of the family was a part of the tribe. Meaning they may have been some sort of extreme tribe that approved of what he was doing. The man said he had done it before. So the mother was either fine with him beating the child or she didn't know it(doubtful).

I don't need your idiotic patronizing:dry:

AF15 was talking to Old Greg about the kid not being his. They even address Old Greg instead of you.

I doubt the mother knew he beat the child. The article said he was babysitting, so she clearly wasn't there when it happened.

Also, you're making a major assumption that punching babies is a tribal practice. One man who wasn't a member of the tribe beat up a baby, and you assumed that the entire tribe does it? How does that make sense?

Just makes you wonder, what overtakes you to the point where you beat on a defenseless child? He needs to be punished to the extreme.

Anyone who even remotely tries to justify this act is seriously messed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"