Nine-year-old stabs girl, two, to death

Dew k. Mosi said:
You send a child that young to jail and you will just turn him into a bigger monster.
Or a fine young man. Or a small bride. :o

And to answer someone's question; no, he can't be sent to prison. Juveniles go to a Juvenile detention center where the prisoners are similiar ages. Sometime they serve their term there and are released back into society.

Aye, I knew they could be sent to Juvie, but surely there is a bottom line? I think here the youngest you can actually be put away for anything is 11.

Kyalesyin said:
It also doesn't say wether it was an accident or deliberate, or what the motive was- at least, not in the little snippet posted. Definately better psych hospital than prison though. Can you even send a kid to prison that young?

How can it be an accident? Think before you post. :huh:

OverMyHead said:
How can it be an accident? Think before you post. :huh:

I did think. Please don't suggest that I didn't. I like to take my time when posting. The thought ptocess actually went like this: I accidentally impaled my older cousins hand on a broken bike wheel when I was 11. I didn't mean to- I kicked him and he landed on it. He still has trouble with that hand today. For all we know he had no understanding of the harm he was capable of causing, or somebody shoved her against him while he was holding the knife.

I read the little snippet posted in the thread. It didn't give very much away.

Kyalesyin said:
I did think. Please don't suggest that I didn't. I like to take my time when posting. The thought ptocess actually went like this: I accidentally impaled my older cousins hand on a broken bike wheel when I was 11. I didn't mean to- I kicked him and he landed on it. He still has trouble with that hand today. For all we know he had no understanding of the harm he was capable of causing, or somebody shoved her against him while he was holding the knife.
I'm sure when the detectives were investigated the body they were able to rule that out based on how the knife went in and things like that.

Tangled Web said:
I'm sure when the detectives were investigated the body they were able to rule that out based on how the knife went in and things like that.

But have they told us this? No. Thats the point, there isn't nearly enough information there to make much of a judgement.

Kyalesyin said:
I read the little snippet posted in the thread. It didn't give very much away.

Yea, i know, lol. Sorry.

Here is the whole article:

Continued:
"You have to be 10 years old to be charged in Texas." he said.

Charges were not being contemplated against the parents of the victim or the nine-year-old, Sgt Cerda said.

"There is no further investigation," he said.

The nine-year-old was taken into the custody of the Texas Department of Child Protective Services.

All the other children in the home at the time, including an infant sibling of the victim, had been placed with family members or were in foster care until a hearing on whether they could be reunited with their parents, the Dallas Morning News reported.

Marissa Gonzales, a spokeswoman for the children's agency, told Fox News Live television in Dallas that the agency had investigated allegations of child neglect at the home where the stabbing occurred several times over the years.

None of the children had ever been removed from the home by the agency.

"This mother, we had worked with her several times, mostly to make sure the children's needs were being met," Ms Gonzales said. "I don't think there were any indications that any of these children were violent and would harm another child."

Interesting that they were being investigated for neglect. Gotta wonder who in their right minds has that many kids to start with.

I searched "Nine-year-old stabs girl" on Yahoo and I got over 112,000 hits. :(

Here's one:
New York - A nine-year-old girl fatally stabbed an 11-year-old girl in the chest with a kitchen knife during a fight about a ball, authorities said.

The nine-year-old, whose name wasn't released, was charged with manslaughter.

Police spokesperson Paul J Browne said that he was "unaware of anyone younger implicated in such an act in New York City."

The victim, Queen Washington, 11, was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Joyce Porter, Queen's grandmother, said: "I don't understand how this could happen,". She said Queen's mother had called her earlier that afternoon. "She told me, 'Queen is dead'", Porter said, adding, "It was over a ball."

The girls had been playing together at the nine-year-old's apartment, but the girl's mother had stepped out to borrow something from a neighbour, police said.

Here's another:

A seven-year-old boy stabbed his nine-year-old neighbor in barangay Suba, Danao City, around seven o’clock last Thursday evening after an argument.

Reports reaching the Cebu Provincial Police Office said the nine-year-old girl was watching a video game near her house along with a neighbor.

The seven-year-old who was also around that time suddenly turned off the video game they were watching which irked the victim.

An argument between the two ensued and the seven-year-old took a knife and stabbed the girl, hitting her in the left arm.

She was rushed to the Danao City District Hospital but was later transferred to Cebu City for further treatment.

The police did not arrest the boy but left him to the care of his parents.

And many, many more.

I think I have some delusions about doing better than all the parents you see on the news that ****ed it up.

Of course, but 12 yr old Lionel Tate ACCIDENTALLY kills a girl while imitating wrestling moves he sees on tv and gets a LIFE sentence. Luckily he only spent 3 YEARS with other convicted murderers which I'm sure was a cakewalk for a 12 year old boy. I'd hate to see what they would've done to him had he stabbed the girl.

Edit: I'm sorry I forgot he was 166 lbs and black so its fair in Florida. Nothing like the American Justice System.

Dew k. Mosi said:
ONly 10 of them were related, the little boy who stabbed the girl was a cousin or a visitor if I am remembering what I heard on the news last night. The kid doesn't need to go to jail, he needs to go to a mental hospital so they can find out what is wrong with him. You send a child that young to jail and you will just turn him into a bigger monster.

They put Micheal Myers in a mental hospital and look what happend.:o

There are no prisons for kids. There are instiutions and centers, but no prison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"