BvS 1941-2016: 75 Years of Wonder Woman

Diana-god-of-war.jpg

Pretty much what I said: "It is, but not in the way most people would think. As I already stated, this god of war doesn't see war as a way to spread misery, destruction or even more conflict. He is also not the driving force of human conflict, more like an observer.

With all that in mind, Diana take on the role is open. She can be many different things, and have different views of how warfare should be seeing. I believe I already said she could have a "peace through strength" attitude, like the romans, that for all the wars they fought, they also created on the most peaceful periods in european history."

Presicely!!! That's exactly how I felt. In an earlier post I wrote:

In her rich 75 year long history Wonder Woman's evolutionary arch has made several shifts, and rightfully so. As sentient beings we must learn to adapt in order to survive...to grow and change with each passing experience. Although there has been some dramatic (if not questionable) changes in how the character responds to any given situation, at the core however Wonder Woman's message has truly remained. Simply because you take up arms doesn't make you a war monger but rather it's the necessary evil that allows ones message to be heard from an even wider platform. For some the message of peace can only be heard through the cries of war...but in that moment, what better way to show your enemy the folly of their ways than through personal experience.

"If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner." - Nelson Mandela

In celebration of her 75 years, I would love to see a Wonder Woman series based off of Robert Valley's animated short that was part of the DC Nation!

image.jpg

Frankly, getting a animated series just to have it look like that would be a huge disappointment.

What almost was: In 1993 Wonder Woman almost had a series of her own with something called WONDER WOMAN AND THE STAR RIDERS, a proposed half-hour animated series by Warner Bros. Animation which was to launch a line of Mattel toys not unlike the popular She-Ra collection.

The concept re-imagined Wonder Woman as fantasy heroine teamed with four other characters: Dolphin (water). Ice (cold), Solara (heat and light) and Starlily (plants). Also was produced a feline villain named Purrsa. (Yow!)

This project never made it past a promotional comic book that came inside Kellogg's cereals.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

In further celebration of Wonder Woman's 75 years, this would be great to own on DVD/bluray:

DVqe4aXzXFr8tx_1_l.jpg

As well as
Ellie Wood Walker:

ellie-wood-walker-as-wonder-woman.jpg

and Linda Harrison:

elliewoodwalkerandlindaharrison.jpg

A beautiful retrospective...this is so great!! I look forward to what DC will create for Wonder Woman's 75 years in 2016!!

[YT]http://youtu.be/ebXB0lBoaQ0[/YT]

Last edited:
Not really. In reality, no matter how hard one works for peace, war can sometimes come about and to defend others, an otherwise peaceful person might take up arms.

General Douglas MacArthur said, “The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.”

General Douglas MacArthur said, “The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.”

Well stated and very very true!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"