Countdown to WONDER WOMAN

2pS4SMG.jpg

11 days until Wonder Woman

One thing I always adored about the Perez run was that he had lots of Diana in the classic outfit but also managed to give her a full on wardrobe that had a lot of variety but more often than not still evoked the the aesthetic of the costume. Some heroes, I think that added bells and whistles seem superfluous. I don't think Flash, GL, Superman, Spidey or many others need to always have these variant looks, or at least I think it's a bit of a stretch to justify it in story. Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Cap, Iron Man? Those I would actually find it strange if they DIDN'T have a wide variety of outfits.

Which is why I really want a sequel if it happens to be in the modern day and I hope we get to see all sorts of cool costumes (and civilian clothing) on Diana. I don't care how cheesy some think of them being, I would have such a smile if the sequel or a JL sequel had anything from the aquatic outfit from the Carter show to the Kingdom Come golden eagle armor.

It's cheesy, but it's part of the charm. It's actually one of the things I look forward to when a new movie is coming out - potential new costume. They should absolutely take advantage of all the designs we've had in comics and use them in the movies. We kinda got that with Batman in BvS. The Knightmare costume being my favorite of the three. With Superman you don't really have much to work with, but there are still changes that could be done. For example, I love the red on black symbol from Fleischer's series and the very first one from Action Comics #1. I'd love to see both one day.

Wonder Woman looks awesome, but Flash just looks naked.

Flash appears in a bunch of WW books, and he looks pretty bad on all of them. I picked it because it reminds me of that shot from the movie where it's nothing but flames around Diana.

José Luis García-López — used for the cover of #128 (December 1997, interiors by John Byrne). I'm posting this because I love it and the actual comic is mere feet from me, facing out. :woot:

3c97e1e040e97a122a416bde4bf11e47.jpg

I've thought about posting that one a few times. Very beautiful. :up:

I wonder, have you got the day one cover figured out yet?

I wonder, have you got the day one cover figured out yet?
giphy.gif

I plan them from Monday to Friday, then the weekend. I wanted to ask around and maybe get an official poster from the movie for day 1, but then I realized by that time, everything would be released to the public so it wouldn't be very special.

2 days for me! I'm seeing it on Wednesday!!! :D
How dare you ? :cmad: :woot:

kristen-wiig-angry.gif

When did the release date change? I thought it was coming out the 2nd, now its coming out tomorrow?

Some theaters get to screen it early, I guess. I'm going on Thursday evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"