2 DVI connections in 1 Port?

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
ok, im using my LG Widescreen LCD monitor, this one http://www.lge.com/products/model/detail/W2252TQ.jhtml
it has 1 VGA port for my PC and one DVI port for my PS3, now i just switched over to Verizon that has tv, phone, and internet and i finally have a cable top box set. The cable box has several connection on the back for audio, video, and digital audio coax. so what i want to do is to use a RCA to DVI cable to connect to my monitor, of course you see what the problem is, so i want to know if its possible if i could connect it so i can view my PC, PS3, and TV all on 1 monitor
i know what cables to get, a dvi splitter, but im not sure if it can work

What video connections does your cable box have (composite, component, s-video, hdmi)?

it has the basic RCA (the red, white, and yellow), S-Video, & Digital Audio Optical

Well, this will be an odd set up but it seems possible. What you would have to do is buy either a VGA or DVI switch box. A DVI splitter wouldn't work. I've never personally used either one, but I do know that DVI switch boxes are more expensive than the VGA ones. A switch box will allow you to plug in one or more cables into different ports and then choose which one you want as the output.

For example, just doing a quick Google search I found this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Manual-Switchbox-Db15f-Vga-Monitors/dp/B00006B780/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

If you choose to buy this one, then you could have your PC plugged into one port and then your TV plugged into the other. Then, just flip the switch to either the A or B port to be active on your monitor. You would need a S-Video to VGA adapter cable so your cable box would work.

I've never tried a set up like this out, but if I'm wrong about this working then anyone please feel free to correct me. Honestly, this sounds like a lot of trouble just to go through and personally I would just buy another monitor or TV, but that's just my opinion.

Let me know if there's anything I might have not explained clear enough.

ahh ok, its a long shot but ill see

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"