2010-2011 NBA thread: One LeBron To Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please, whoever takes over is gonna be one of Phills deciples. Scott never stood a chance of getting that job.

He stood a very good chance of getting the job. Byron Scott has made it a point to keep up a good relationship with the Buss family (who are big on keeping former Lakers in the organization).

I am with you J. When Byron signed with Cleveland I was surprised he didn't wait. I don't know how Gilbert convinced him that Lebron was staying. When almost everyone else knew he wasn't. It was just a matter of where he would end up.

Gilber should use that magic tongue to get better players in the coming years.

This Lakers/Jazz game is looking surprisingly ugly...Lakers got 60 with a little over 2 minutes left in the first half and Utah has 32...

I am with you J. When Byron signed with Cleveland I was surprised he didn't wait. I don't know how Gilbert convinced him that Lebron was staying. When almost everyone else knew he wasn't. It was just a matter of where he would end up.

not likely....as a professional athlete, Cleveland is not a place you strive to go to...it's a place you get drafted and leave as soon as you can or when the teams there can no longer afford you or you end up there when there are no other prospects

how many guys have the Indians loss due to free agency, free market, or simply getting rid of them because they KNOW they can't afford to keep them?

It's not like Byron was hard up for a job. Maybe he likes a challenge. Should have bought a Rubik's Cube and called it a season.

Call me biased and/or resentful, but I wouldn't want to play for that guy unless that was the only (or only lucrative) check on the table.

Well I think we should ease up on Gilbert. He had a momentary lapse of reason. It isn't like he has kept it up.

For all we know Gilbert is a nice dude. That just snapped for a moment.

How long is Scotts contract for?

4 years or 200 losses; whichever comes first.

Artest has been ballin' lately....Seems like he finally understands triangle and he's not as hesitant as he was to play in the post and abuse smaller players.

I would have been just as pissed as Gilbert, but yes, probably could have been handled better. Although, if I was a Cavs fan, I would have loved Gilbert's response to "the decision".

Artest has been ballin' lately....Seems like he finally understands triangle and he's not as hesitant as he was to play in the post and abuse smaller players.

I think Jerry West's comments have lit a fire under the Lakers. I hope the fire will not be extinguished anytime soon.

I think Jerry West's comments have lit a fire under the Lakers. I hope the fire will not be extinguished anytime soon.

They can't afford to let it extinguish anytime soon because of the schedule they have. They still have a shot of getting the second best record if they can go on winning streak and maybe the Celtics can drop a couple games.

J-Will got waived by the Magic because of his frustration over his lack of playing time, he didn't accompany the team to Indiana. Any chance he'll end up someplace else. Why not to that other Florida team? I think he won some games with them before in the past :hehe:

J-Will got waived by the Magic because of his frustration over his lack of playing time, he didn't accompany the team to Indiana. Any chance he'll end up someplace else. Why not to that other Florida team? I think he won some games with them before in the past :hehe:

I don't think the other Florida team can afford him.

I don't think the other Florida team wants him.

He was on a minimum contract with the Magic. I don't see why he'd get any more than that. Still, I wouldn't bother releasing anyone currently on the roster to make room for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"